Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
which are the best games that were released for promotion of movies? ive heard that a lot of these turn out bad because the sole purpose of these is to increase merchandise sales e.g. i've heard the Harry Potter games are pretty bad so i was just curious are there any good games in this category where time and effort has been put in?

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
Well, looking past Goldeneye of course..

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Spider-Man 2
The Warriors
Ghostbusters
E.T. :side:

Ghostbusters & Warriors weren't exactly tie-ins though as they came way, way after the film.

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
Some of the earlier Harry Potter games were alright tbf, they seemed to alternate between letting you play the good freeroaming hogwarts style games and the shitty linear ones where you use one spell for everything. Why it's so hard to stick with one format I don't know.

If we are talking games that were just released for movie promotion I can't think of even one that was good

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i guess to keep it from getting stale. i say Spiderman but then again IMO any game involving webslinging around the city would be fun atleast for a while Web Of Shadows is fun and all but with no story or depth and finding myself doing virtually the same thing got incredibly boring

·
EIRE
15,862 Posts
Spider-Man 2 was an amazing movie game and 3 is a guilty pleasure of mine on the 360. The Warriors was bad ass back in the day. Riddick was a pretty good game as well.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Yea I heard the Chronicles of Riddick game is pretty good. Never played it though.

The Wolverine: Origins and LOTR: ROTK games were also good for a sort of mindless hack n slash.

·
Banned
251 Posts
I know I'm in the minority here, but I really enjoyed Peter Jackson's King Kong the Game. It felt I was rewatching the movie all over again, but with the crap parts taken out and more killing giant bats with double-barreled shotguns. If I had one complaint its that the there wasn't a lot of Kong play and the final scene was built more around emotion than gameplay, kinda like the ending to HALO Reach.

I'm sure theres a few other favorites in my PS2 Dungeon :p

·
Premium Member
6,156 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well, looking past Goldeneye of course..

Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from Butcher Bay
Spider-Man 2
The Warriors
Ghostbusters
E.T. :side:

Ghostbusters & Warriors weren't exactly tie-ins though as they came way, way after the film.
lol thats funny because the games come out just before or during the movie's release oh and i remember playing A Bugs Life on PS1 that was decent

·
Registered
177 Posts
Older systems:

Batman - NES

That's the only one that's ringing a bell.

Newer systems:

Spiderman 1 & 2 (PS2 and X Box)

Transformers games on anything but Wii.

That's about all I can think of. I just remember all the bad LJN + Acclaim stuff for the older systems and nothing beyond what I mentioned for the newer systems.

·
Friends Come And Go,Banners Hang Forever
25,582 Posts
Spiderman games are fun as fuck. Second one especially, just like the movie, it was the best of the series. Too bad their games have fallen off considerably and are just absolutely terrible now.

·
~Believe~
2,689 Posts
I know some people will disagree with me based on the fact these movies do not follow the games well, but I would have to say Resident Evil is pretty awesome. The games don't match up to the movies well at all except maybe for the first two but the games have their own charm.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts