Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The Miz vs Randy Orton, Raw, November 2010

Votes: 19 11.0%
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With the Miz cashing in his Money in the Bank briefcase on Monday night and winning the WWE Championship, it got me thinking, who has had the best Money in the Bank cash in since the matches inception in 2005?

Having only started watching wrestling again in 2008, the best one I thought was CM Punks against Edge on Raw, mainly cus I really didn't see it coming at all and it was pretty great after his little 'No-one on Raw will ever get my title' speech.

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I only started re-watching WWE again recently also, so I haven't seen half of these cash-in's.

My favourite though is when Punk cashed in on Jeff. It was unexpected and cemented Punk's definate heel turn at the time. Not to mention it started the feud of the year. I remember the moment Jeff kicked out of the Go To Sleep was so shocking and awesome. Punk's reaction to that was golden also. :p

·
Premium Member
6,456 Posts
Edge vs Cena.

Edge held that contract for fucking ages. It was totally unexpected as he competed in a/lost a match earlier in the night and it was the time when everyone hated Cena. Fucking awesome!

·
DELIRIUM
4,544 Posts
Yeah, it's still the original Edge cash in. Sure, Miz's was awesome (No pun intended. Fuck it, pun intended.), but still, Edge's was the least expected.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Miz was pretty damn good, i knew it was coming SOON ... but jus not then. the crowd was going wild 4 orton i thought dat was the end of the show THEN!
..."I CAME TO PLAYY!!"

·
Banned
10 Posts
Edge against John Cena. Nobody expected him to do it like that.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
Punk on Hardy was my personal favourite, for the cash in and for the aftermath. Plus when Hardy kicked out I really was not expecting it and went through a mad flash of panic.

·
Registered
2,775 Posts
I liked The Miz's cash-in. It was the first suprise cash-in that had a match that actually went for a while. Plus, with The Miz vs. Orton, Orton clearly has the advantage purely based on how over he is, the fact that he is the new Superman and the mass difference between he and The Miz.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Having rewatched all the money in the bank wins tonight just before I made this thread, I was sorta expecting Edge cashing in on John Cena to be first, it seemed pretty great, crowd was going mental as well

·
Banned
3,457 Posts
Rob Van Dam's was a great face cash in, and the match between him and Cena was huge, and still is for many reasons.

Edge's was good, but it's been repeated many times over the years.

CM Punk's cash in against Jeff Hardy, is my favourite.

·
You're not funny and nobody likes you.
7,899 Posts
Punk against Edge raw

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Edges cash in was huge because it ended Cenas long title reign and was the first one in history so ppl really didn't know what to expect.

The next best one is Punks cash in on Edge cause the fans went crazy and it was a huge way to kick off Raw(and King yelling "punk wins" over and over again was great too).

Kanes cash in was probably the worst

·
DAVID OTUNGA's Personal Assistant
9,747 Posts
CM Punk and Hardy. just loved it. for as much as i dislike Jeff Hardy, the storylines they wrote for him on smackdown were wonderful. the WWE knew the key to Jeffs storyline was the race for the title, but with his gimmick it just fit more for him to be constantly searching for the top rather than reach the top, and have some long, several months reign like Orton had. no, they knew the gift of him was to get people to take the title off of him in a cheap fashion, and get huge heat for it and work off a story for it.

and CM Punk did just that, and we never looked back since. such a great feud.

·
Registered
957 Posts
I accidentally clicked Swagger on Jericho but I meant to click Punk on Hardy

·
Premium Member
5,452 Posts
Although the Edge cash-in on Cena is the best, I like the Miz cash-in because Orton actually put up a fight for a few minutes. Miz didn't just come down, hand in the briefcase, hit his finisher, and walk away with the belt. We saw that with Edge (it was surprising the first time), CM Punk, Jack Swagger, and Kane. One problem with Edge's first cash-in was that everyone hated Cena at the time and wanted him to lose, so Edge winning made everyone happy which is the opposite of what it was supposed to do. Miz's win worked because almost everyone loves Randy, giving Miz even more heat.

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
They've all been the same "opportunist" method. The only one who actually cashed it in for a real match was RVD, so I'm giving it to him.

1 - 20 of 65 Posts