Wrestling Forum banner

Benoit vs. Angle, RR 2003, the best match ever?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Great One?..
10,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I myself am a long time supporter of the Angle/Benoit rivalry in 2003, and I know I'm not the only one, actually I'm part of the majority that say Angle/Benoit from the 2003 Royal Rumble is the best match ever, let alone in WWE history.

I actually don't even have any other matches come close to that.

What do you think is the best WWE match in history?

·
Registered
7,523 Posts
well keeping it within WWE theirs a few considered the best in the company

Razor V Shawn Ladder Match Mania X
Shawn V Taker HIAC Badd Blood 97
Shawn V Taker Mania XXV
Bret V Austin Mania 13
Bret V Owen Mania X
Savage V Steamboat Mania III

·
Lets Go Pens, Buccos, Broncos & ~Smoke #14!
185 Posts
IMO, Hogan v warrior WM VI. I thought it was insane, especially watching it at a young age.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Beyond ones that were already said like Austin/Bret and Michaels/Taker.

I'm going to actually say Ric Flair vs Mr Perfect on Monday Night Raw in 1993. Back when they had the loser leaves Raw match. It was really fun to watch back then and even still looking back at it now. Flair and Perfect really worked a hell of a match with one another and I believe at one time Heenan interfered or tried to at least.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
I liked Benoits rivalry with Jericho better. The matches they had against eachother are legendary.

Best match ever...

Hmm, I'll never forget Rock vs Hogan. I know it wasn't the technical match of all time, but the way they both played the crowd was suberb. A major aspect of wrestling is getting the crowd to cheer/boo you and those two did the job.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts
I always thought that Bret/HBK Iron Man Match at WrestleMania XII was the best match in WWE history.

·
Asuka
96,360 Posts
Rated R™;9154491 said:
I myself am a long time supporter of the Angle/Benoit rivalry in 2003, and I know I'm not the only one, actually I'm part of the majority that say Angle/Benoit from the 2003 Royal Rumble is the best match ever, let alone in WWE history.

I actually don't even have any other matches come close to that.

What do you think is the best WWE match in history?
I'm with you, Angle/Benoit, 2003 Royal Rumble. It's the only match that qualifies as 10 stars. It gets 5 extra stars.

·
Premium Member
11,837 Posts
The World Heavyweight Championship Angle vs. Undertaker match from No Way Out 2006 is one of my favourites and in my humble opinion, a strong contender for one of the best (WWE) matches ever. The fact Angle has been mentioned both in the thread title and in this post just goes to show you how superb a worker Kurt Angle was/is.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
HBK vs. John Cena on Raw after WM23 is my favorite, it's such an epic match.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts