• The Return of the King

Votes: 19 32.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
3,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This trilogy, as well as the Toy Story, is one of the very, very few trilogies where any answer can easily have a realstic arguable point.
Because nobody in the right mind would say the third Godfather movie, or the third Spider Man was the best in their respective trilogies.

The Fellowship of the Ring-

The Two Towers-

The Return of the King-

For me personally I find TFOTR to be the best out of the three, just by a hair.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
I honestly can't choose, I enjoyed them all as a whole, and plan on buying the extended blu ray box set very soon.

If I was forced to pick I'd say Return Of The King purely because it wraps everything up and seems more epic (okay there are a few boring parts) but overall it is a fantastic piece of film-making.

But in saying that I am not writing off the first two, they were also incredible.

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
I absolutely love them all and my favorite changed depending on what kind of mood I'm in.

But I find myself saying the Fellowship of the Ring more often. I just love it. The scenery, the locations, the music, the start of the journey, everything is just perfect.

·
22,784 Posts
The Two Towers for me. First one is the weakest imo, but still better than most films :p. Planning on rewatching them all soon anyway since I downloaded the extended versions in HD :D. Never seen the extended versions.

·
Premium Member
13,081 Posts
I find myself watching the first one whenever it is on as opposed to the other two. Really embodies that epic quest movie, latter ones have too many big battles I guess.

·
SMILEY GOD
17,016 Posts
FOTR by a distance, though I loved all 3. Two Towers had the epic Helms Deep battle though. The third one was the weakest (the ending was far too long), but still excellent.

·
Registered
4,712 Posts
Epically long ending of the 3rd one kills it no film should leave you sat in a cinema thinking FFS just end already.

1st one and 2nd one are very close the battle of anon hen in FOTR and the battle for helms deep in Two towers are both awesome. Probably go for two towers though.

·
Super Moderator
19,308 Posts
Fellowship was my favorite, by far. I enjoyed the other two immensely, however.

Funny enough though I've never seen the extended edition of any of the films. I'd like an extended edition download of Fellowship. *hint hint, nudge nudge*

·
BLUE IS BACK
9,773 Posts
Fellowship was my favorite, by far. I enjoyed the other two immensely, however.

Funny enough though I've never seen the extended edition of any of the films. I'd like an extended edition download of Fellowship. *hint hint, nudge nudge*
you should be ashamed LC :p

http://safelinking.net/p/2ae65da66a

credit: ultraBWBP

1 - 20 of 56 Posts