Votes: 8 10.7%

Votes: 5 6.7%

Votes: 55 73.3%
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
2010. 2007 was just an embarassment, 08 was poor until Jericho somewhat redeemed it at the end of the year, 09 wasn't much, especially with CM Punk on SmackDown making everybody on Raw look like rank amateurs, but 2010 was generally good. The Miz's push and the Nexus angle are largely responsible for Raw overtaking SmackDown as the superior brand (of course along with the actual raping of SmackDown's talent). Of course at the end, they screwed the Nexus angle up and didn't end it on the logical conclusion of Barrett vs Cena at WrestleMania for the WWE Championship. A piss poor decision to say the very least, but when it was a hot angle, it was a really hot angle.

·
Registered
1,432 Posts
They were all equally bad in their own way. The best would be 2010 with 2008 close behind it. You had Cena/Batista, Nexus, Undertaker/Shawn, and Miz winning title.

·
Registered
6,280 Posts
2010, and frankly it's not close. The other years were poisoned by DX Lite, lots of Hornswoggle, the embarrassing death of the Cruiserweight Title, Rey Mysterio winning world titles, and so on. 2010 looks like goddamn 2002 by comparison.

·
Asuka
^Take this off
96,574 Posts
2010, and frankly it's not close. The other years were poisoned by DX Lite, lots of Hornswoggle, the embarrassing death of the Cruiserweight Title, Rey Mysterio winning world titles, and so on. 2010 looks like goddamn 2002 by comparison.
I agree about Rey winning the world title but that didn't happen on Raw, I don't think the death of the CW title did either.

·
Registered
4,807 Posts
2010>2008>2009=2007.

2010 had some great moments on Raw - Bret returning and speaking with HBK, the whole Nexus thing which was good for it's best part and there was a lot going on. 2008 had it's moments too - but 2009 and 2007, as far as Raw goes, are amongst my least favourite Raw years ever so I couldn't even put one above the other.

·
Great One?..
10,844 Posts

The two years that I knew I definitely wasn't going to pick were 2007 and 2009.

2008 had Jericho, that's all that has to be said, he was THE reason I ordered some PPV's that year, his heel turn and the feud with HBK was more than enough to make that year.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm surprised. I thought 2009 was worlds better than 2010

Randy Orton was a bad-ass heal and had an epic feud with the McMahons. Shawn Michaels was still an active competitor and we saw the return of DX. Cena was still wearing black shirts. And best of all...no Nexus.

·
Banned
4,120 Posts

Randy Orton was a bad-ass heal and had an epic feud with the McMahons. Shawn Michaels was still an active competitor and we saw the return of DX. Cena was still wearing black shirts. And best of all...no Nexus.
You're in heel country, kid. The original Nexus was loved around here.

2010. Obviously.

·
Recognize
21,378 Posts
The RTWM 25 alone takes a crap all over everything else tbh. But when you factor in the rest of the year, while I don't think it was as bad as most, it blew chunks compared to the start. But Trips/Orton was one of the best feuds they have produced in years. Great TV.

·
STRONGER THAN A BEAR, FASTER THAN A BUCK!
2,092 Posts

You must be new here. The best part of 2010 was the formation and early months of Nexus.

·
There is no duty we so much underrate as... being
19,156 Posts
2010>2008>2009=2007.

2010 had some great moments on Raw - Bret returning and speaking with HBK, the whole Nexus thing which was good for it's best part and there was a lot going on. 2008 had it's moments too - but 2009 and 2007, as far as Raw goes, are amongst my least favourite Raw years ever so I couldn't even put one above the other.
This covers it pretty well in my opinion.

2010 was the best year for Raw since 2005 and I say that with no hesitation whatsoever. Just a very "fresh" year for the Raw brand after four years of stagnation and tedium (for the most part, by contrast, that is).

2006 has some good stuff with Edge/Cena, 2007 was The Cena Show and it wasn't awful but it wasn't particularly inspiring, 2008 was saved by the sprawling arc of Flair/HBK/Batista/Jericho, 2009 had a hot beginning and a solid conclusion with tons of borderline unwatchable crap in-between and in 2010 the Raw brand always had something that made it worth watching every single week, and it'd been at least five, six years or so since that had been the case. I actually think you can make a claim that missing some of their biggest stars actually made the Raw creative team think outside the box and come up with some intriguingly offbeat and inventive angles very often involving Youth Movement figures. Combined with the Orton face turn... They couldn't go back to the old stagnant well of Trips/Orton/Cena anymore.

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
2010. I love the youth movement as a whole, the product just felt fresh and exciting to watch, there were plenty of of good storylines as well such as Nexus storyline, Batista/Cena feud, Miz/Bryan feud, HBK/Taker II, etc. Cena, Barrett, and Miz were fantastic thoughout the year, Bryan Danielson debuting and giving us tons of great matches was also the highlight, i really enjoyed the product in 2010 a lot.

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
2008. I loved how Jericho ended up owning that year so much...

·
Registered
5,276 Posts
2010 for the overall intrigue. Yes they dropped the ball with the Nexus thing but the invasion got everyone on the internet talking. Also liked Danielson's shoots followed by his return at Summerslam and his good matches to follow. Also Bret and Austin's returns. Probably Raw's best year since 2005(though the overall product is nowhere near as good and exciting as it was back then).

2008 was an obvious marked improvement over 2007 but it was boring at times.

2007 followed by 2009. At least 07 had some intrigue despite being quite boring and assbackwards to the point where I didn't watch or even follow it. 09 was boring and atrocious, which is saying something since Raw started off great with the Orton storyline. Then after Mania it completely went down the toilet.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts