• Other

Votes: 3 2.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am curious to see which indy fed is deemed to be the best right now. Please don't bitch about CZW and Iwa-MS being on the roll,maybe they are atrocious right know but they are still very famous(indy-wise of course)and have their fans.:)

In my opinion, there is an abyss between ROH,PWG,Chikara,Dragon Gate USA,Evolve and others,and currently PWG is the best.

·
Banned
3,750 Posts
I'm only a fairweather Indy fan but from what I've seen ROH has the best talent out of the lot. Still a lot of bad stuff going on in all of the promotions I feel but ROH has the most good stuff - Omega, Richards, Edwards, Steen, Cabana, Briscoes, Claudio, Hero...

·
Registered
134 Posts
i cant really say pwg b/c they only have around 12 shows a year, while compared to roh they have like 30, so if roh had only 12 shows a year its shows would probably be as good as pwg

·
Registered
698 Posts
Yeah, i just feel the top 10 best ROH shows of the year, are better than PWG's Top 10 shows. I feel ROH has the "best" show out of the two companies.

PWG has stepped their game up a ton, but still not better than ROH, imo.

·
Ain't no thing like me, 'cept me
8,234 Posts
I honestly don't think there's been a single ROH show since 2007 that has matched Guerre Sans Frontières.
I'd personally take Supercard of Honor III and maybe even Death Before Dishonor VI over GSF.

As for the poll, I went with ROH. Simply enjoying it alot more now then I have in around 2 years. If this was a year ago, I'd of gone with PWG.

·
Beyond Wrestling.. check it!
409 Posts
I would say that for me it's a huge tie between ROH, PWG, and CHIKARA as all three are really putting on consistent shows this year. They just really are bringing out the best in what their respective promotions bring. DGUSA and EVOLVE who really only have sporadic shows are good, but at the same time the continuity hasn't always been there though they are still driven by competition persay as is PWG but I hey I'm a puro fan too so I can't complain too much about that.

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
smitlick: Yeah, Man Up was what I was thinking of.

I'd personally take Supercard of Honor III and maybe even Death Before Dishonor VI over GSF.
SCOH III was good, and maybe had better matches than GSF, but I felt GSF flowed better and had a better top two matches. They're close.

·
~PROWRES LOVE~
473 Posts
Eh, I'll always be partial to CHIKARA. ROH and PWG are both great, but way too similar, in terms of roster. Don't get me wrong, there isn't much wrong with that, but it gets the feel of "ROH-lite" sometimes. That said, PWG has really raised the bar when it comes to their stuff, and it's gotten as good, if not better, than ROH's stuff. Commentary still sucks, though.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts