Wrestling Forum banner

Chrisitan as a face or Captain Charisma?

• Face Christian

Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Heel Captain Charisma

Votes: 71 88.8%

Best Gimmick? Face Christian or Captain Charisma

4807 46
Ever since his debut the WWE Christian character has evolved. From a heel member of the brood winning the light heavyweight championship in his debut match in 1998, to a member of the ministry of darkness, Christian has seen a variety of changes. The two of which I feel are his best work are his heel/tweener Captain Charisma Persona, and eventually face Christian.

Captain Charisma
The Captain Charisma persona is one of my favorites and I feel some of his best work. We'd seen Christian work as a heel before stealing Jericho's girlfriend in his feud with Jericho, but what made Captain Charisma unique was that he was a tweener/heel whose pride made him think he was the face. Calling John Cena an Ali-G ripoff and dissing him in a rap, turning on the Rock and declaring himself The real People's Champion, pointing to his (initially) imaginary peeps in the audience. The whole thing was great and refreshing and even though he was initially billed as a heel the pop Captain Charisma was getting was crazy. The cocky and confident Captain is in my opinion one of his best.

"Face" Christian
Although his face turn partially began when the Rock taking him under his wing promos, it wasn't until he returned to win the ECW Championship from Jack Swagger that a full face turn began. With great ringwork and mic work which focused on the comedy, wit and the integrity of his character(while maintaining some cockiness)he made ECW actually watchable again. All while carrying a lackluster roster.

Let's not turn this into a creative thing. My question for you is this- Do you like Christian better as a face or heel(Captain Charisma)?
Reactions: backpackstunner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

· Registered
2,365 Posts
Definitely Captain Charisma.

· Banned
8,974 Posts
Did you honestly think when creating this thread that people where gonna pick face Christian? Sometimes I wonder why people decide to create threads like this when they already know the outcome.

· Registered
332 Posts
Easily Captain Charisma

· Banned
5,164 Posts
Who in their right mind would vote Face Christian? Face Christian is awful. Absolutely AWFUL. He's not even that charismatic as a face. He comes across as very awkward.

· Banned
4,575 Posts
Well, since face Christian is summed up by "It's... it's Christian." It's obvious that Captain Charisma was better.

· Registered
193 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Did you honestly think when creating this thread that people where gonna pick face Christian?
Personally I've heard alot of fans praise his face work and feel that it isn't even close to his Captain Charisma heel gimmick. Still surprised to see the poll so lopsided towards heel Christian.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.