Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Back during WWF's Hulkamania - New Generation era, the WWF would release home videos besides just the PPVs would either be simple match compilations, or focus on a single popular superstar at the time, or matches with a specific theme. They would all be under the banner of Coliseum Video. A majority of them can be found on the WWE Network under the catagory: WWE Home Video Classics. A lot of these are under recurring names such as WWF World Tour, Wrestlefest, Supertape, Rampage, etc.

Which do you think are the best, and/or personal favorites, and what are your favorite matches and segments from those videos.

·
Premium Member
15,725 Posts
The only one I had, I can't remember the name of it but it had the Bret Hart/Bulldog from the December '95 PPV, Razor Ramon/Goldust from Royal Rumble '96, Undertaker/Isaac Yankem (Taker had the mask on) and I think one or two other matches I can't remember.

And at the end of the tape, there was a segment providing tips for the Wrestlemania video game for Sega, which I hated by the way. Don't remember much from it, aside from the fact that I sucked at it and it came off as a wrestling version of NBA Jam, which I loved.

And I guess the '96 Slammy Awards, which I believe I purchased at the same time as the compilation tape.

Actually, the more I think about it, my first Coliseum Video was a rental from a local video rental store. It was a compilation from the 80s and the only matches I recall were Hogan/Bossman in a cage and Savage & Strike Force/Honky Tonk & Hart Foundation. So, it might have been a cage match compilation. The same day I rented that, I also rented Wrestle War '92.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts

I grew up in the New Generation era and this tape featured a lot of my favourite wrestlers at the time, So this was easily one of my favourites.

This was also another favourite of mine, as the whole show had a different feel to it then your normal WWF and feature plenty of matches you wouldn't normally get to see.

·
Premium Member
18,035 Posts
The most memorable one for me was a Coliseum Video hosted by Johnny Polo (Raven), where he took an "unauthorized" tour of Titan Towers. I couldn't tell you about any match on the tape, though. It wasn't anything major from what I recall.

And at the end of the tape, there was a segment providing tips for the Wrestlemania video game for Sega, which I hated by the way. Don't remember much from it, aside from the fact that I sucked at it and it came off as a wrestling version of NBA Jam, which I loved.
Wasn't that with Todd Pettengill? I remember seeing that too when I rented a WWF VHS back in the day, haha

·
Registered
583 Posts
^I saw the Royal Albert Hall show on YouTube a while back.

Definitely had a different feel and on another note, that's an awesome venue for wrestling.
I think it's almost the perfect venue for wrestling.

Obviously not for large PPVs but it just looked awesome, the sound would have been amazing, great seating. Also, i think it would have really suited the older version of superstar entrances (no big stages, walk through the crowd)

Would love to have watched old school WWF here.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.