Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What was the best match card and overall best show in history?

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
IMO Supercard Of Honor III is the best ROH show ever in terms of match quality.

Stevens vs Strong ****
Briscoes vs AOTF ****1/4
Steenerico vs SHINGO & BKB Hulk ****
McGuinness vs Aries ****1/2
DG 6 Man ****1/2 (Probably the best one they did in ROH IMO)

Incredible show. You also had the good opener with Shiozaki vs Delirious (***) and the only match that wasn't up to much involved Bush Whacker Luke and was second on the card.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It looks great. There is any way to watch full show witout download ?

And I would like to learn other events.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
IMO Supercard Of Honor III is the best ROH show ever in terms of match quality.

Stevens vs Strong ****
Briscoes vs AOTF ****1/4
Steenerico vs SHINGO & BKB Hulk ****
McGuinness vs Aries ****1/2
DG 6 Man ****1/2 (Probably the best one they did in ROH IMO)

Incredible show. You also had the good opener with Shiozaki vs Delirious (***) and the only match that wasn't up to much involved Bush Whacker Luke and was second on the card.
Yep, a must see show. Great all around with a heap of variety.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How about events that include guys like Samoa Joe, Punk, Nigel, Danielson, Styles, Aries etc in the same card?

·
Registered
3,280 Posts
I think there's exactly one that has all of those guys. Third Anniversary Celebration part 2. It's a really good show, too.

·
The Cornerstone Of The Corner Store
3,164 Posts
I just deleted the full dvd9 version of Supercard Of Honor III off of my PC. fpalm Should've kept that show as I didn't watch it either.

Personally I thought Best In The World 2011 was a great show, I also really liked Glory by Honor V: Night 2 (Bryan Danielson vs KENTA), Joe vs Kobashi was pretty awesome too imo, as was Joe vs Punk II

·
Registered
800 Posts
My favorite top-to-bottom shows, chronologically...

Manhattan Mayhem

Nowhere to Run

Better Than Our Best

Fifth Year Festival: Liverpool

Fifth Year Festival: Finale

Good Times, Great Memories

Man Up!

Supercard of Honor III

Northern Navigation

Death Before Dishonor VI

Death Before Dishonor VIII

Honor Takes Center Stage, Chapter 1

·
Registered
402 Posts
ROH Man Up: 11/30/2007
Nigel McGuinness Vs Chris Hero Vs Claudio Castagnoli Vs Naomichi Marufuji - Four Corner Survival Match {***3/4}

Rocky Romero Vs Matt Cross - Resilience Vs No Remorse Corps Best Of Three Series Match #1 {**1/2}

Austin Aries Vs Davey Richards - Resilience Vs No Remorse Corps Best Of Three Series Match #2 {***1/2}

Roderick Strong Vs Erick Stevens - Resilience Vs No Remorse Corps Best Of Three Series Match #3 {***1/2}

Takeshi Morishima Vs Bryan Danielson - ROH World Title Match {****1/4}

The Briscoes Vs El Generico & Kevin Steen - ROH World Tag Team Title Ladder War {****1/2}

·
Banned
3,066 Posts
Unified belong on here. DBD VIII is great.

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Supercard of Honor 3 has the multiple 4+ star matches but can be a little tough to sit through. Outside of Aries/Nigel the rest of the matches can burn you out. Manhattan Mayhem is probably my favorite top to bottom. I dont think any match reaches 20 minutes from memory but basically all the matches are good - great. No MOTYC but an easy show to sit through, variety of guys, great show. Nowhere to Run is up there to, as is the Final Showdown and Better than our Best.

·
Registered
1,336 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with the way promotions like DGUSA & ROH's workers no-sell ridiculously over-the-top moves? And pop right back up after a triple flipping summersault power-bomb-into-a-piledriver from the top rope, in order to take the next series of moves? I fucking hate it. It makes wrestling look like fucking shit, cuz none of it looks remotely believable. There's ZERO psychology in matches like that. And yes, I'm talking about a match like Richards/Edwards for the ROH World Title in June of last year.

I don't think I'm alone on this....

·
Registered
596 Posts
Death Before Dishonor V Weekend

Night 1

Steen & Generico vs. The Briscoes in a Boston Street Fight
Claudio Castagnoli vs. Takeshi Morishima for the ROH Title
Bryan Danielson vs. Matt Sydal
Chris Hero vs. Nigel McGuiness in a Pure Rules Match

Night 2
Roderick Strong, Davey Richards, Rocky Romero, & Matt Sydal vs. Austin Aries, Erick Stevens, Matt Cross, & Delirious in a Philadelphia Street Fight
Brent Albright vs. Takeshi Morishima for the ROH Title
Bryan Danielson vs. Mike Quackenbush
Kevin Steen vs. Jay Briscoe in a Lights Out Match
El Generico vs. Mark Briscoe in a Falls Count Anywhere Match

Still one of my favorite weekends in ROH history. Agreed about Supercard of Honor 3, Better than our Best, Manhatten Mayhem & Unified just for the last 2 matches.

·
Ramble On
11,108 Posts
Does anyone else have a problem with the way promotions like DGUSA & ROH's workers no-sell ridiculously over-the-top moves? And pop right back up after a triple flipping summersault power-bomb-into-a-piledriver from the top rope, in order to take the next series of moves? I fucking hate it. It makes wrestling look like fucking shit, cuz none of it looks remotely believable. There's ZERO psychology in matches like that. And yes, I'm talking about a match like Richards/Edwards for the ROH World Title in June of last year.

I don't think I'm alone on this....
Yes but this isn't the thread for that discussion. I'm pretty sure everyone in here must be bored to death of discussing that topic recently anyway.

Man Up was great and IAmLegend has the ratings pretty much down for it a few posts above, but Driven was a much better show with more variety imo. One of my favorite shows ever. Not the 'OMG every match is awesome' like SOH III, but top to bottom some of the most fun I've ever had watching a full PPV.

NRC vs The Resillience **** - One of the best openers ever in ROH, plus Aries return after was amazing.
Claudio vs Sydal ***3/4 - amazing action and so much fun. One of the funnest matches I can remember seeing in ROH
Marufuji vs Whitmer *** - Not the best match, but pretty good action.
Briscoes vs Steenerico **** - great tag match that really set the tone for the feud to come with the hints at violence seeping in.
Morishima vs Rave **1/2 - A squash title match, but it was fun as hell. Seeing the crowd actually get behind Rave and marking out for the heel hook was awesome. Good look at Mori and the monster he played so well.
Danielson vs McGuinness ****3/4 - Amazing match. In the top 3 of their matches along with Unified and 6YA.

Then you have the bonus disk which has Danielson vs Kenta III that I believe is one of the best matches in ROH history.

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think the first Take No Prisoners ppv is really overlooked. That show flowed perfectly and was booked brilliantly.

·
Masonic!
1,547 Posts
I think the first Take No Prisoners ppv is really overlooked. That show flowed perfectly and was booked brilliantly.
Yeah, one of my favorites, Black/McGuinness & Danielson/Aries were both amazing and there was a good tag team brawl.

·
Registered
549 Posts
SUPERCARD OF HONOR 3!
MM 1 and 2
Driven
Unified
Joe vs Kobashi
Unforgettable

One that does not make my list is Better then our best.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts