Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Threads for "the best wrestler","best tag team/stable" or "best champion" are overdone as fuck,so I'd say we go to the bottom low and do the exact same. Who's the best comedic character ever?

We all know the Gillbergs,the Santinos,the Hornswoggles,the Eugenes,the Simon Deans etc. of the wrestling world,but what is the truly best comedic character ever?

·
Registered
3,342 Posts
Rock, Austin (during his team work with Angle), Goldust, Iron Sheik, Big Poppa Pump and Booker T. Throw in Nash during Paparazzi Productions or Chet Lemon work in there too.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Rock, Austin (during his team work with Angle), Goldust, Iron Sheik, Big Poppa Pump and Booker T. Throw in Nash during Paparazzi Productions or Chet Lemon work in there too.
no,I'm not talking about people like Rock who mocked others or made comedy in their promos,or Austin who basicly owned everything or even Iron Sheik or Booker T

Dammit,they all got title runs xD

I'm talking about people like Eugene and Kozlov (currently) or even Zack Ryder. Who's the best of them. Not talking about funny promos from other superstars or ownage,just jobbers who've been deminished to this "wrestling clowns" (and if you put an image of Jericho with a clown costume or a picture of Doink I'll :gun:)

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
I'm talking about people like Eugene and Kozlov (currently) or even Zack Ryder. Who's the best of them. Not talking about funny promos from other superstars or ownage,just jobbers who've been deminished to this "wrestling clowns" (and if you put an image of Jericho with a clown costume or a picture of Doink I'll )
In this case I think I'm gonna' go with Santino. Comedy in the wrestling world is very 50/50 but Santino gets a lot more hits than misses. I didn't like the story where he dressed as a woman but his tea party with Sheamus and Kozlov was brilliant.

The thing with these guys, even guys like Ryder, is they are much much much more natural in front of the camera than anyone else they're giving air time to. Guys like Ryder who barely ever stutter a line or fuck up, who can also wrestle and have the look, just make me wonder why they never get pushed. If you're a natural in your speaking delivery then you can easily cut a great promo given the opponent and situation.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
In this case I think I'm gonna' go with Santino. Comedy in the wrestling world is very 50/50 but Santino gets a lot more hits than misses. I didn't like the story where he dressed as a woman but his tea party with Sheamus and Kozlov was brilliant.

The thing with these guys, even guys like Ryder, is they are much much much more natural in front of the camera than anyone else they're giving air time to. Guys like Ryder who barely ever stutter a line or fuck up, who can also wrestle and have the look, just make me wonder why they never get pushed. If you're a natural in your speaking delivery then you can easily cut a great promo given the opponent and situation.
Yeah,if they revamp Ryder under a new everything and he gets a world title run,for as short at it would be,I would mark the fuck out

Anyway,I just remembered of the BoogeyMan xD

·
Registered
5,919 Posts
Yeah,if they revamp Ryder under a new everything and he gets a world title run,for as short at it would be,I would mark the fuck out
Yeah he's got all the tools they need. Really hope they do a Umaga/Ziggler and "take him away, repackage him, push him as somebody serious" thing.
Anyway,I just remembered of the BoogeyMan xD
Fuck that guy, lol.

·
Premium Member
15,438 Posts
The answer this question is Bobby "The Brain" Heenan and no one else. He's also the funniest commentator of all time as well.

·
Registered
4,677 Posts
Ralphus for virtually doing nothing and being funny.
I never thought it like that but it's absolutely true. Ralphus gets my vote as well.

Gilberg gets a mention too. As well as when Santino ruled, when he was telling women to go back to the kitchen and make him some pasta (or something like that), not the dumbass Cobra stuff he does now.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Obviously The Rock.

The day that John Cena talks in third person is the day I begin to like wrestling.
Again,it seems like these people are blind or something. Are you saying that Santino and The Rock are in the same league?

Comedic Character = Santino,Eugene,Boogeyman,Hornswoggle,love machine Viscera,Val Venis,Gillberg,etc.
Funny Character = The Rock,Austin,anyone who you find funny

There is a fine line between the two of them,unless you want Santino headlining 5 Wrestlemanias in a row like The Rock did (15,2000,17,18 & 19 - everyone as more interested in Rock/Hogan and in Austin/Rock than the title match at those Wrestlemanias)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts