• Other (specify)

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
As I've already done the "worst" thread, with astounding hatred toward Ron Killings and RVD as result (as well as an overwhelming write-in vote for Double J, whom I apparently should have included on the poll), I figured I might as well do a "best champion" thread today. Note: Hardy's not included as we haven't really seen enough from him as a heel at this point.

IMO, my vote goes toward Christian. He was by far the most entertaining (though not the most hated) heel that TNA has had to date; for a time I would've considered him TNA's Chris Jericho. It's a shame he went back to WWE to rot in midcard hell, but that's the state of things.

·
Banned
2,012 Posts
AJ is the main man of tnas history without a shout of a doubt, his title reign proved what we the loyal hardcore wrestling fans have been saying for decades, that small guys can indeed be champion by athletic skill alone, there is only one phenominal one

"Say what!?"

·
Registered
673 Posts
Christian Cage 2 WHC reigns were both awesome !

Angle, Styles and Sting were great champions too :)

·
Registered
701 Posts
What's sad is TNA has never booked their champions well. When Jarrett should have dropped the belt to guys like Joe, Monty Brown, and Raven, he didn't or TNA waited far too long to put the belt on the right person (again, Raven's title reign was 2 years overdue and he just wasn't worth it by then).

I'd say out of the list, Christian got the best treatment as a champion booked fairly strong. I don't think he was the greatest but TNA hasn't had a greatest champ yet so Christian wins by default.

·
Registered
11,660 Posts
Best champion, IDK

Jeff Jarrett 11 months reign was definitely the most single dominant. However, no one held the title for more days than Kurt Angle and he drew the biggest buyrates. But Christian Cage was the complete package,best on the mic,deliver solid matches.

And the winner is KURT ANGLE. Ha Ha Ha, really held the title longer than anyone and it's hard to ignore his presence.

How can anyone say Styles with a straight face.

·
Registered
557 Posts
Kurt Angle > Samoa Joe > Christian Cage

·
Banned
15,929 Posts
- Christian

- Angle

- Styles

·
Registered
908 Posts
AJ Styles by a hair. In his last reign he put on one of the best matches of the Russo years in the triple threat at Turning Point, was booked extremely well as a heel and as a face, had a good, lengthy reign of 7 months (his reign ended at the right time too as he was out of fresh feuds aside from Jeff Hardy, a match which should only take place at a big PPV) and his mic work during his reign was some of his best (last year was when AJ went from being a decent mic worker in the last couple years prior to becoming a very solid mic worker, which shows that when given a lot of time on the mic you CAN get better at it). Christian and Angle were also very good champs but AJ's reign was longer than any of theirs so he gets the nomination.

·
Registered
990 Posts
AJ Styles. They made us wait 4 years for it and it was one of the best moments of 2009 when he finally won it. As a face, the fans had finally gotten what they wanted and it was great to see that in the first few months. The mid-reign heel turn kept him fresh and it led to an improvement in mic skills as Kewf said. My only gripes about the reign are the awful ending to that match with Abyss and the way he lost it. I'd love to see him regain the title and be at the forefront of a Fortune Vs Immortal feud in 2011.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts