Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wonder what do you think is the best promo he has ever cut? I haven't followed his whole career since his debut because i only started watching WWE regularly since 2006, so i'm not sure which is truly his best promo but this one is my favorite so far.

He sounds very genuine in this whole segment and i can feel his true emotion, i just love it.

·
The One Who Knocks
5,341 Posts
That would've been my choice.

My runner-up would be Cena's first ever appearance on Raw in 2004. Note the crazy huge face reaction:

·
Registered
5,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That would've been my choice.

My runner-up would be Cena's first ever appearance on Raw in 2004. Note the crazy huge face reaction:

It's pretty cool to see how he evolves from being a thug to a hero for kids lol. It's interesting when you compare these two promos, even though there's vast difference in character between Superman John Cena and Rapper John Cena in both videos, he still delivers both promos tremendeously. I think he's truly one of the best in this era.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Don't know if it counts as a promo, but his rap on big show was best thing ever.

lol, was funny on raw though when he's like "it started one thanksgiving on smackdown when i thought i could rap....then i started waving my hand telling people that i was invisible"

·
Registered
510 Posts
Don't know if it counts as a promo, but his rap on big show was best thing ever.

lol, was funny on raw though when he's like "it started one thanksgiving on smackdown when i thought i could rap....then i started waving my hand telling people that i was invisible"
For quotable accuracy "Actually it all started as a joke I rapped by accident on a smackdown thanksgiving day episode, then before i know it my hats turned backwards and there's a steel chain around my neck, I'm waving my hand in front of my face, I'm invisible, you know"
there are several stutters and odd pauses intermixed in there

I do believe he was trying to say something like you were saying but rush the lines a bit. Still epic Cena promo.

·
Registered
621 Posts
John Cena and a good promo? Yeah he does good promos . From 100 promos - 80-stale and boring, around 15- overreacting, 2-3 decent promos and 2-3 good promos. He is so over rated , he is not even in the top 10 talkers in WWE of the decade in my opinion.

·
Registered
5,918 Posts
I loved his rap at Survivor Series vs Team Brock.
"John Cena stands alone, I don't need no friggin' stable...I wonder if I can trade my four partners for a one night stand with sable?"

If we're talking modern-day gimmick, the one he did at WM a few years back, listing off everybody there, I enjoyed that one. He acted the pre-WM one (the one with Batista flipping out behind his security guards), I felt he delivered that one pretty well too.

·
Registered
5,404 Posts
I can't honestly think of a bad cena promo, without a shadow of a doubt he is the best promo guy in the business today.

·
Registered
621 Posts
I can't honestly think of a bad cena promo, without a shadow of a doubt he is the best promo guy in the business today.
Hahhahahaha... I can think of one horrible Cena promo - a few months back on RAW when he was trying so hard to be funny but failed completely with his stupid WOW jokes,etc. He is without a shadow of a doubt the most over rated promo guy in the business today. On RAW -both CM Punk and Triple H are far superior mic workers compared to Cena.

·
Registered
3,288 Posts
Cena has never cut a promo that made me clap, most of his promos are cringeworthy, cheesy and just make me hate his character even more. His promos from 2005-2007 were trash all he did was call his opponent gay and Lita a slut and then ramble on how he never quits nor he backs down from a fight.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts