Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, its kind of hard to argue against Ric Flair being the best when it comes to wearing the crimson mask, but I'd like to discuss some of the best blade jobs in history. Whatever you feel like nominating-best visual, most significant, you name it.

A few favorites:

Steve Austin-WM13

Shawn Michaels-Badd Blood 1997

And really, you can make an argument for just about any of Flair's.

Any contributions?

·
Employee Of The Month At Dale's Dead Bug
4,725 Posts

Eddie Guerrro and JBL from Judgment Day 2004. I know that Eddie messed his up but seeing them both beat the hell outta each other and the mat being all bloody made it seem like they really hated each other.

Another over the top blade job but it did fit the brutality of that I Quit match with JBL and I guess it made Cena look better for winning despite bleeding like a stuffed pig.

Just look at his facial expression. The epitome of evil.

Reactions: s i Ç

·
Nihilistic Mystics
6,005 Posts
Yeah Flair has to be the best. The guy could get pricked by a tiny needle and he would bleed out like his entire face was run over by a tractor.

I think Vince was a pretty good bleeder. Undertaker too.

·
Registered
18,833 Posts
Cena one was crazy for sure. Who knows how short his career might have been had WWE had blood for many more years, cause his gimmick is always being underdog, meaning if there was blood, he'd get busted open like crazy every PPV.

And Flair is also another name for this list. No specific moment, but everytime Flair does bleed,he bleeds like crazy, and cause of his hair color,the blood basically dyes his hair lol.

·
Registered
22,514 Posts
Always thought both Flair and Orton did some great blade jobs in Taboo Tuesday 2004.

For most disturbing blade jobs that caused excessive bleeding, two that come to mind immediately are Eddie Guerrero at Judgment Day 2004 and Randy Orton at New Year's Revolution 2007. (can only find clear images for the latter in black and white)

Hogan at SummerSlam 2005 also did a rather good blade job:

Vince McMahon also deserves a mention. For a non-wrestler, he's been bleeding heavily in some of his matches such as Wrestlemania with Hogan and Survivor Series with Taker.

·
CHAIRMAN of WF
2,528 Posts

Dat Undertaker.

And that John Cena picture from Judgement Day, looks like it came right out of some horror film.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Come to think of it, I believe Flair is the only person ever to bleed first in a First Blood match and yet not only NOT lose, but still win.

You don't fuck with Naitch when it comes to blood.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Though I'd see a Mass Transit reference already.

Not a huge fan of blade jobs, but I can see it add to one or other match. Still, when it happens for real it's much more of a "oh fuck" moment. Like Cena's match with Lesnar at ER.

·
Registered
494 Posts
Yea these are good but honestly don't hold up against the likes of Abdullah the butcher and bruiser brody,especially Abdullah..that guy would barely set foot in the ring and next thing you knew he as gushing all over the place lol.

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
I remember in Bret's book, he talked about how he bladed during a match when blading was outlawed, but they couldn't find proof of him blading on the tape, so they had to believe him when he said he got busted open hardway. On the same show, Flair did the most obvious blade job ever and got fined.

·
Registered
3,899 Posts
Wow dean Ambrose thats just crazy I wouldn't wanna pretend to be getting cut by a saw and was that wrestlemania 8

·
Super Moderator
25,861 Posts
This thread makes me miss blading. They don't have to do it all the time like Flair did, but once in awhile, especially for intense feuds, would be nice again.

·
Registered
12,426 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I remember in Bret's book, he talked about how he bladed during a match when blading was outlawed, but they couldn't find proof of him blading on the tape, so they had to believe him when he said he got busted open hardway. On the same show, Flair did the most obvious blade job ever and got fined.
I think that was WM8.

·
Banned
2,280 Posts

Eddie Guerrro and JBL from Judgment Day 2004. I know that Eddie messed his up but seeing them both beat the hell outta each other and the mat being all bloody made it seem like they really hated each other.

Another over the top blade job but it did fit the brutality of that I Quit match with JBL and I guess it made Cena look better for winning despite bleeding like a stuffed pig.

Just look at his facial expression. The epitome of evil.
That's a hell of alot of blood. Surprised the guy didn't faint from massive blood loss TBH.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts