Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 72 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
WWF Wrestlemania on PC-DOS. I lost my whole goddam childhood to that game. I'll never forget Bam Bam's flaming overall, bats flying from The Undertaker and deep-fried chickens flying out of Yokozuna :D

·
Registered
9 Posts
best had to be wwf attitude at the time was the 1st game to have all the wrestlers and playedit all the time. the massive rumble matches used to have wid m8s were class. graphics and moves were a bit dodgey tho. worst wwf in your house was like very slow moving pictures with abouth 10 wrestlers lol

·
Registered
32 Posts
Gotta be the N64 games - WCW/NWO Revenge in particular.

I remember the first year of University- my two bros and I set up an N64 in my room - we'd play 2 hour long triple threat matches untill 8 in the morning.Kinda sad!

On the Here Comes The Pain I created Hitler and started a season mode. Very poor taste but extremeley funny if your an immature student like I was back then (and still am really). His finisher was 'The Final Soloution'(a brainbuster I think) and his trademark move was 'The Gas Chamber' -Tajiri's green mist to the eyes. His theme music was Eric Bischoff's 'I'm back' theme. Which when put into context really works!

I'm back
And better than ever
Got a knack
For making things better
Face facts
'Cause your opinion don't matter
This maniac
Is gonna step on whoever

It's time
Get in line
'Cause I'm gonna make some changes
Kickin' ass
Takin' names

I apologize for been a sick ****

Worst game was definetley WCW Thunder. That game was incomprehensibly bad.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Best: No Mercy 64 a really big roster, easy gameplay, stories and choice of matches

Worst: WrestleMania for nes, we can do kick and punch only (at least I don't know how to do moves) and just for that, it deserve the worst wrestling game position

·
Banned
647 Posts
What was that game where Undertaker shot bats at people? All the characters had these stupid moves.

·
Proud Pastafarian =)
4,051 Posts
Best: The Smackdown/SVR series. My fav is the second one they put out for PS2. I think it was Smackdown 4. I hated Smack 3 tho. Because it was so damn easy to counter moves, it got annoying when i would play against people. Especially my cheezin ass cuz lol

Worst: WWF Raw Zone. ECW made a better game with pretty much the same style they did theirs

----------------
Now playing: Jay-Z - can i live
via FoxyTunes

·
LIVE ACTION!
1,436 Posts
Oh contraire.

No Mercy can't hold a candle to this.
Does he say "I inject steroids into my balls, brother!"!?

But I'm surprised "WCW Backstage Assault" has only been mentioned once as the worst...I actually quite liked the game. Then again, I was little when I played it...

·
Registered
604 Posts
ECW Hardcore Revolution and ECW Anarchy Rulz were very bad but notable as the former was the first game to have a barbed wire match (if I remember that rightly). Anarchy Rulz had some silly gimmick matches. Both games were basically just WWF Attitude with guys like Chris Chetti. Nah not fun.

·
Sly as a fox, ferocious as a lion
3,032 Posts
How about the Car Crash game on Playstation back in 2003? I don't remember the name of it, but there is no wrestling. Its just the wrestlers driving custom cars and blasting each other. It was cool when Mario did it...but when I see the WWE logo, I want some wrestling in the game.
lol, I remember that. I think it was called "WWE Crush Hour".

·
Registered
95 Posts
WWF No Mercy is tough to beat. it had everything. the customization options, the gameplay, just the best. the SD series is the next best thing. SvR 2010 came out with the storyline creator and that's something that's been missing from wrestling games. until that came out, I was forced to just imagine why my wrestlers had any problems with one another.

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
I really don't like SvR09 very much. Crappy roster, not very interesting; the only decent thing was the Road to WM stroylines.

The ones I like the most are WM2000, SvR10 (roster-wise) and Here Comes The Pain.

I love the story mode on HCTP. The stat building thing is awesome, I have an overall 100 RVD on there at the moment, he is unstoppable. Also, the controls on this one are great, so simple and easy to get used to.

·
Registered
470 Posts
No Mercy
WrestleMania 2000
WCW/nWo Revenge

Fuck all these next gen console wrestling games. These 3 are the measuring sticks.
Thats what im talking about!

Over a decade later and they still cant make a game that can measure up to those classics

I loved Revenge the most in particular. This was before games had a fatal 4 way option, so I put it to 4 man battle royal with no ring outs, count outs etc, so it was basically a pinfall/submission Elimination style, the way a Fatal 4 way is supposed to be (you listening WWE?)

Anyways, Rey was the man in that game, so id get him, and pick 3 other cruiserweights like Juvi,Psychosis, La Parka, etc. Most fun ever!!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
Best:
-WWF SmackDown 2: Know Your Role
-WWF No Mercy

Worst:
WWE Crush Hour
WWF Betrayal

Also didn't like the control scheme on WWF Attitude, but loved the roster.

·
Premium Member
5,914 Posts
Best:

1. WCW Revenge (it’d be perfect if it was not for the lack of theme music/story mode etc.),
2. Virtual Pro Wrestling (better than the sequel which requires you to assemble the roster and the ‘improvements’ that came with WWF Wrestlemania 2000/VPW2 detract from the best of the grapple engine which peaked with Revenge),
3. WCW World Tour (the WWF rosters were never a match, not even No Mercy could encroach on the holy trinity)

Worst:

Every THQ wrestling game post 2000, the year that AKI jumped off the grapple engine.

·
Banned
2,954 Posts
Why don't you people think SvR 2008 is one of the worst? I have played every SvR game since 2007 but I don't find SvR 08 that bad. Sure it was slow but once you got used to it, it was a decent game, definetly not one of the worst

41 - 60 of 72 Posts