Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me, the best is the original Smackdown! vs RAW, which had a fun challenge mode, decent season mode (great for speedrunning), good controls, relatively few glitches and a nice soundtrack.

The worst that I've played was WWE '12 which had horrible graphics, was almost impossible to play a full match on the PS3 version without it glitching or crashing, a very weak story and stupid gameplay.

Honorable mention which is simultaneously the best AND worst is Just Bring It for its hilariously bad commentary. "i wanna see ... THE UNDERTAKER do a .... THE LAST RIDE!"

Reactions: Bret Hart

·
WF's resident Big Dog
8,098 Posts
Smackdown Here Comes The Pain - GOAT
Smackdown Shut Your Mouth
Smackdown vs RAW 2011 (I think this is the one with the RTWM where you can run backstage)
Smackdown 2
Smackdown vs RAW

Smackdown vs RAW vs ECW sucks
All the WWE 2ks suck ass so they're the worst, if I buy WWE 18 & I run into Barron Blade ima lose my shit

·
TEAM KICK!
9,429 Posts
Here Comes The Pain, Shut Your Mouth, WWE RAW 2, Smackdown 1 and 2, SVR 06, all of them were great fun.

·
★ Liverpool FC ★
2,460 Posts
Here Comes The Pain

:sodone :sodone

·
Registered
4,658 Posts
The best is Here Comes The Pain of course. It's incredible and still holds up to this day.
SD 1
SD 2
SD Shut Your Mouth
SD vs RAW 2006
and the most recent good one is WWE 2K16

The worst:
WWF Attitude. It's fucking terrible but I thought is was the best shit ever as a kid.
SD vs RAW 2009 and 2010
WWE 2K15
Dishonorable mentions: WWE '13, 2K14, 2K16, 2K17 just for the terrible character models not the games as a whole.

Holy Shit

·
Registered
3,054 Posts
Best
No Mercy(GOAT)
Day of Reckoning 1&2
WWF Attitude(despite the controls it was still a fun game)
HCTP, 06 & 07(Great for their time, too arcadey for me nowadays
WWE2K17(minus the glitches it's the best WWE thus far)

Worst
Original Smackdown games
Wrestlemania x8
Wrestlemania 21
WWE Raw 1 & 2

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
Some of my favourites that stood out;
WWF Smackdown 2 (LOVE THIS!)
WWE Raw 2 (Much improved version of RAW, see below, and it had a great roster.)
Wrestlemania 21 (The gameplay is so-so, but it had a really good story mode, and I still listen to songs from the soundtrack today. I recall it having good unlockables too.)
Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (I played the story mode and GM mode for hours and hours. As above, it had good unlockables and I wish they still had "the room" which you could decoratre. All in all, probably my favourite WWE game.)

Worst;
WWE Raw (This is somewhat as a guilty pleasure as it was the first wrestling game on XBOX. Looking back, it was just bizzare. Everything was really slow, and there were these crates near the ramp you could break and there would be really random things in you could use as weapons.)
WWF Attitude/WWF Warzone (To be totally honest I think I am getting these mixed but the one I played was absoloute garbage)
WWE All stars (What was this? I somewhat enjoyed the Legends game, but this took the cartoon element too far)

·
Registered
5,830 Posts
WWF Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game. Sick combos.
WWF Smackdown 2.
WWF Attitude (amazing game).
WWF Smackdown: Here comes the pain.
WWE 2k13 (Attitude Era)

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Best
No Mercy(GOAT)
Day of Reckoning 1&2
WWF Attitude(despite the controls it was still a fun game)
HCTP, 06 & 07(Great for their time, too arcadey for me nowadays
WWE2K17(minus the glitches it's the best WWE thus far)

Worst
Original Smackdown games
Wrestlemania x8
Wrestlemania 21
WWE Raw 1 & 2
While I certainly understand the No Mercy love, I preferred the faster pace of Wrestlemania 2000. Worst? WWF WrestleMania NES easy

·
Super Moderator Going Backwards With WF
33,403 Posts
Some of my favourites that stood out;
WWF Smackdown 2 (LOVE THIS!)
WWE Raw 2 (Much improved version of RAW, see below, and it had a great roster.)
Wrestlemania 21 (The gameplay is so-so, but it had a really good story mode, and I still listen to songs from the soundtrack today. I recall it having good unlockables too.)
Smackdown vs Raw 2007 (I played the story mode and GM mode for hours and hours. As above, it had good unlockables and I wish they still had "the room" which you could decoratre. All in all, probably my favourite WWE game.)

Worst;
WWE Raw (This is somewhat as a guilty pleasure as it was the first wrestling game on XBOX. Looking back, it was just bizzare. Everything was really slow, and there were these crates near the ramp you could break and there would be really random things in you could use as weapons.)
WWF Attitude/WWF Warzone (To be totally honest I think I am getting these mixed but the one I played was absoloute garbage)
WWE All stars (What was this? I somewhat enjoyed the Legends game, but this took the cartoon element too far)

I remember liking the create an entrance part of WWF Raw on the Xbox lol. Can't remember much about the actual gameplay tho.

·
Cutting a Shoot Promo To Get Over
5,464 Posts
I remember liking the create an entrance part of WWF Raw on the Xbox lol. Can't remember much about the actual gameplay tho.
Ah I think remember! You could control the lighting on the ramp iirc. I have just watched a few gameplay videos and got really nostalgic despite how bad the gameplay is.

I have also found a full list of weapons here
https://www.gamefaqs.com/xbox/454283-wwf-raw/faqs/16013

Some of the highlights include "Stuffed Animal" "Knife and Fork", "Coat Hanger and "Giant Tuna"

·
Registered
17,497 Posts
I'll list my worst:

WWF: Royal Rumble (Dreamcast)
2000 was a great year, and gave us Know Your Role & No Mercy. 2 of the most fondly remembered. Then came Dreamcast's release. It didn't have enough wrestlers to fill the match it was named after, the roster was practically non existent. But it was the first to have more than 6 guys in a ring at once. The second would be my next pick.

WWF: Smackdown Just Bring It (PS2)
Pure abysmal. The roster was shit compared to the previous year, everyone loved the idea of commentary (since the last was Attitude) until they heard it. It was just bad. Having Fred Durst as an unlockable was just, why? Considering the roster depth at the time, I was left disappointed.

WWF/E Raw (X-Box)
It was just slow as fuck. If the game had launched in its original release date the roster wouldn't have been so out of date. The crates with weapons such as hats you can wear was just horrid. It's pretty much unplayable to me these days, though Raw 2 was still clunky it wasn't nearly as bad as its predecessor.

Wrestlemania 21 (XBox)
Another Xbox original that got delayed. The graphics were great for its time but the gameplay was too flawed.

Smackdown Vs Raw 08
Coming off the back of 07 cane this crap. The roster shrank and GM and Season got merged into 24/7 mode. Which was shit.

·
Registered
15,735 Posts
Let's see. From the ones I've played (IMO)

Wrestlefest
WWE 2K17
No Mercy
Wrestlemania 2000
WWE 2K16
Wrestlemania 19
Day of Reckoning
WWE All-Stars
Smackdown vs RAW 2006
Here Comes The Pain
WWE 2K15
WWE 2K14
WWE 12
Smackdown vs RAW 2010
Smackdown vs RAW 2009
Smackdown vs RAW 2007
Wrestlemania 21
RAW 2
Wrestlemania 18
Smackdown vs RAW 2008
Smackdown vs RAW
Wrestlemania: The Arcade Game
Smackdown: Shut your Mouth
WWE 13
RAW
Smackdown 2: Know Your Role
WWF: In Your House
WWF RAW (SNES)
WWF Royal Rumble (SNES)
Smackdown vs RAW 2011
Smackdown
Smackdown: Just Bring It
WWF Attitude
WWF War Zone
WWF Royal Rumble (Dreamcast)

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Best: Smackdown "Shut Your Mouth" with Smackdown "Here Comes the Pain" following close behind. Even SvR and SvR 2006 were really good. They went on a good tear those four years.

Worst: Smackdown "Just Bring It!". The season mode was horrific. I hated jumping MONTHS between matches. And the Create-A-Wrestler was terrible too. Why was my CAWs mouth always hanging open like he was catching flies? I had to give my guy facepaint to hide it. That was the only time I've ever had to do it. I didn't even have to do that in Smackdown 2 "Know Your Role" a year and a platform earlier. And lastly; Fred Fucking Durst as a bonus character? And one that was really hard to unlock too? Fred Fucking Durst was the ultimate endgame!?!??! I'm so glad the day my wife bought me my PS2 she bought me Just Bring It AND Final Fantasy X, or else that system would still be collecting dust.

·
Rolling Blunts With King Kunta
1,531 Posts
I'm basing this off of what I played and I haven't played every WWE game there is.

Best:
-WWE Smackdown SYM (Season mode was fun as hell. In addition to that, we were able to travel in and out of the arena into the broiling rooms and times square. I sold the game not too long ago because I needed the money, but I'll buy it again in the future.)
-WWE SvR 2006 (The gameplay and game modes were entertaining even with the bugs in the gameplay. I still play this game.)
-WWE '12 (To this day, this game has the best Universe mode in my opinion. Lots of storylines and funny shit occurred while I played it and I still play it to this day.)
-WWE SvR 2007 (Like SvR 2006, the game modes and gameplay were fun. I also still play this game from time to time and I hope it makes backwards compatibility on XB1 someday. I'm just waiting on it.)
-WWE All Stars (I liked the arcade feel to it. It made matches fun. I hope we get an All Stars 2 someday. If it doesn't, then I hope it makes backwards compatibility someday like SvR 2007.)

Worst:
-SvR 2009 (Career mode sucked horse balls and the game got stale after every RTWM was finished. I sold this game right after I completed that mode.)
-WWE 2K15 (Universe mode was glitched and CAW was bare bones on current gen. On top of that, the roster was shit and My Career was boring as hell most of the time. I liked the Showcases though.)

I haven't played WWE SD HCTP, WWE DoR, WWE DoR 2, WWE SvR 2010, WWE Crush Hour, WWE LoW, or every WWE game before SYM, so I couldn't comment on those. I plan to play the first 3 of what I've just listed in the future though.

·
The face that runs the List
10,782 Posts
I loved SVR 2009 (the first wrestling game I bought) and WWE'13

In terms of glitches and gameplay, 2k16 and 2k17 felt like a theft of my money

1 - 20 of 34 Posts