1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'll start off with my worst:

JDFromNY206:
This guy is basically everything that's wrong with the wrestling community, gets angry over the smallest things, dude literally has the mindset of "I don't have bad takes." Narrow minded, also nearly the entire WWE locker room hates him for being a sexist pig towards Alexa Bliss. Typical Meltzer drone.

WrestleTalk:
British geeks who don't know what they're talking about, use vague and dumb criticisms under the guise of "We just want (insert company) to be better.

Cultaholic:
Used to be my favourite wrestling channel but has slowly descended into one of the worst, fallen into the "Fed Bad" narrative that they feel they have to be apart of to fit into the community.

Honorable Mention: Pilana Productions

Best:

TheElitist:
Dude only recently started getting more attention but he's a young Australian guy and he's honestly got some great content, love his takes and reckon he's got a decent mind. Absolutely the most underrated wrestling YouTuber.

Technical Workrate Productions:
these are my guys, probably the best wrestling YouTubers right now and have been for the last couple of years. No bullshit attitude, straight to the point, they don't Triple H and Stephanie which is already a positive, will straight up say guys suck if they do, give credit when it's deserved. Do I agree with all of their takes and think they go over the top sometimes? No and yes, but their wrestling takes are probably some of the best in the community.

Honorable Mention: JayRants

What are your favourites?

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I gotta go with Wrestling Bios as my absolute favorite. He definitely does his research and puts a lot of hard work and dedication into his videos. Great docs for sure!
Oh he's fantastic, nice to go and watch one of his videos if you wanna reminisce about a feud.

·
Registered
2,768 Posts
Best is Solomonster and Goodmicwork. Two mature adults who talk about wrestling who don’t scream and yell.

Worst is 100% JDfromNY, always bitching and moaning. Doesn’t like when things don’t go his way.

Not really a wrestling channel, but does commentary for all sports which includes wrestling, Chiseled Adonis. Funny motherfucker

·
Registered
Yamcha's #1 Simp
198 Posts
Markyd123

he reviews old tna episodes
Oh shit, I don't know how I forgot about that! I've watched a few videos and really liked them. The first one I saw was the Jeff Jarrett Reign Of Terror video, and it got me into him. I gotta watch more of his stuff tho.

·
Southern Pride
Pink Passion
5,795 Posts
I don't really keep up with any wrestling youtubers now other than the Fightful and WrestlingInc show reviews. Solomonster is solid but I haven't listened to him in awhile.

Some of others that I have stumbled on, like Wrestling With Wregret, I don't get the appeal. Just seems boring to listen to.

Spinnernet
Holy cow. Seeing that name brings back memories. Used to watch his videos a long time ago.

Back in like 2007 to 2009 or so there were some interesting active wrestling youtubers. Spinnernet, PSPower with his John Cena rants, TruthSlayer, InstantClassic8, MoralVirus, Monoxide, MBWrestler87 (even before he became a wrestler), RVDTito4life, etc.

·
Registered
FaithOfWrestling
162 Posts
I don’t like the Solomonster as much as others. I tend to like channels that vocally express whether or not they like a direction a character is going or they’ll describe a match as “vicious” or “brutal”, but he does none of that. Just makes talking about wrestling more interesting to me, otherwise just going through and repeatedly proclaiming “good match” or “bad match” every time and adding no other thoughts is just bland to me. It’s like please add more depth lol, but why did you think the match was good or bad? I wanna know, go into more detail. And something about Solomonsters voice bothers me. I find JDFromNY206 aggressive as well, I don’t see how so many wrestling fans can get that mad to the point their face is red over small decisions. It’s like, if you don’t like it just don’t watch. I don’t complain at all, if I don’t like something I’ll just silently stop watching. Like I’ve pretty much stopped watching WWE, but I’ll keep up with highlights once in a while.

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
I'll start off with my worst:

JDFromNY206:
This guy is basically everything that's wrong with the wrestling community, gets angry over the smallest things, dude literally has the mindset of "I don't have bad takes." Narrow minded, also nearly the entire WWE locker room hates him for being a sexist pig towards Alexa Bliss. Typical Meltzer drone.

WrestleTalk:
British geeks who don't know what they're talking about, use vague and dumb criticisms under the guise of "We just want (insert company) to be better.

Cultaholic:
Used to be my favourite wrestling channel but has slowly descended into one of the worst, fallen into the "Fed Bad" narrative that they feel they have to be apart of to fit into the community.

Honorable Mention: Pilana Productions

Best:

TheElitist:
Dude only recently started getting more attention but he's a young Australian guy and he's honestly got some great content, love his takes and reckon he's got a decent mind. Absolutely the most underrated wrestling YouTuber.

Technical Workrate Productions:
these are my guys, probably the best wrestling YouTubers right now and have been for the last couple of years. No bullshit attitude, straight to the point, they don't Triple H and Stephanie which is already a positive, will straight up say guys suck if they do, give credit when it's deserved. Do I agree with all of their takes and think they go over the top sometimes? No and yes, but their wrestling takes are probably some of the best in the community.

Honorable Mention: JayRants

What are your favourites?
Spot on. I don't agree with all of TWRP's takes, but fuck are they hilarious. All they want is for wrestling to be entertaining and believable, which SHOULD be the goal of wrestling. JDfromNyc is a fuckwit.

But you have to put those charming irish racists OSW review up there.

·
Registered
Resident Centrist
6,603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Spot on. I don't agree with all of TWRP's takes, but fuck are they hilarious. All they want is for wrestling to be entertaining and believable, which SHOULD be the goal of wrestling. JDfromNyc is a fuckwit.

But you have to put those charming irish racists OSW review up there.
TWRP are great just for their impressions alone, the HHH and Stephanie ones are top notch.

"Ugghhhhhhhhh Vince you're taking away my flippy vanilla midgets and I can't have my 5 star 30 minute matchessssssss, they have no personalityyyyy"

And their impression of Stephanie just being "Nyeehhhhhhhhh"

·
Registered
2,980 Posts
Solomonster is garbage.

·
Butter My Arse
12,596 Posts
Best: Fuckin’ OSW REVIEW. Okay it’s really a podcast but they have YouTube videos for every episode and it’s the funniest shit you’ll ever see. I must’ve watched the majority of the episodes 2-3 times over now. STEVE….WHAT BAAAAAAAR…?

For a proper YouTuber, then Wrestling Bios is an absolute workhorse and I’d say the best. He provides videos on numerous subjects to classic rivalries, PPVs, character progressions etc. All with a host of clips, a laid back narration and a smattering of humour. At the moment he is doing his weekly Monday Night War review of every single Raw vs. Nitro battle, right from the beginning in September 1995 to the last Nitro. At the moment he is up to about February 1997 and each episode is about 35 mins long, so a brilliant way for somebody like me to reminisce or somebody who wasn’t around during this era to really get a good idea of what was going on. It’s out every Thursday, here’s the latest episode just for reference (it’s the one where ECW showed up so a fucking good one). The guy deserves major respect for all his hard work.

Along the same river is Original Wrestling Documentaries. Does exactly what it says on the tin, just well researched and very well compiled docs on numerous subjects that aren’t really touched on, with some very rare footage and photos. This evening I just watched a half hour bio on the story of James Harris (Kamala) which is well worth a watch.

1 - 20 of 82 Posts