Wrestling Forum banner

Best and worst PPV you remember

3606 Views 42 Replies 34 Participants Last post by  rafichamp
What is the best and worst PPV you remember, and why?
21 - 40 of 43 Posts

· Registered
3,804 Posts
Best: Wrestlemania 17, 18, 20 AND 26. Royal Rumble 04 (Benoit won it that year, i'm i right), Rebellion (UK PPV, probably because i went thir when i was a kid).

Worst: Wrestlemania 21, any night of champions, over the limit.

· Registered
9,377 Posts
Seriously? Judgement Day 2004? Looking back it was ok. But it had one of the most incredible main events I ever saw.

The absolute worst PPV ever is KOTR 1995. Ridiculously bad. A showcase of everything that was wrong with the company at the time. So much talent, yet some of the most fucked up booking ever. They even managed to turn Shawn Michaels boring. The main event was Savio Vega vs Mabel. The lowest point in WWE history.

That or heroes of wrestling, which had Jake the Snake acting like he was masturbating with a Snake. Man he was fun while high.
Yep - it was THAT bad. It had Moredcai vs Scotty 2 Hotty on the card ffs. Awful. Chavo vs Jaqueline was pretty crap, Rene Dupree vs John Cena is one of the worst matches in recent memory, Booker T vs Undertaker was devoid of any drama or emotion and the main event was absolute crap until the bloodbath began. The idea of Bradshaw being in the main event was preposterous; he'd done nothing to earn the title spot at all.

King Of The Ring 1995 was dreadful, you're right. Could've been a classic considering the roster at the time; HBK, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, Sid and Diesel. Shame they blew it. They could've had a great HBK vs Undertaker KOTR final.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,281 Posts
Best: Wrestlemania 17, 18, 20 AND 26. Royal Rumble 04 (Benoit won it that year, i'm i right), Rebellion (UK PPV, probably because i went thir when i was a kid).Worst: Wrestlemania 21, any night of champions, over the limit.
was that the one with The Rock and Triple H cage match as the main event?

· Banned
2,204 Posts
Best: ECW One Night Stand 2005, variety good matches and tense atmosphere
worst: Summerslam 2006, this single handedly destroyed my love for not just wrestling but anything mainstream forever

· Registered
1,838 Posts
Not sure about the best, but the worst for me is WM9 (I haven't seen December to Dismember).

WM9 was devoid of any atmosphere, had crap matches and the worst burial of a brand new champion I have ever seen. Plus all the broadcast team wore stupid outfits because it was at Caesar's Palace.

· Banned
1,821 Posts
Best would be WM18

Worst were those "british" PPV's they used to do where no titles ever changed hands and no storylines were futhered, it was basically a glorified version of a house show, and purely done for money reasons, because americans didnt get to see the shows

· Registered
806 Posts
wrestlemania 17 my best worst probs all of the new ones. im not saying there bad they just dont seem as good as the old PPVs

· Registered
3,826 Posts
Best: WrestleMania XIX
This was a fun show overall. Hardy/Mysterio wasn't that bad of an opener, loved the chemistry behind Hogan/McMahon, Jericho/Michaels was just amazing, Angle/Lesnar was a fun main event, even though that botched Shooting Star Press was pretty crazy and Rock finally beat Austin at a WrestleMania. One of my favorite Mania's of all-time too.

Honorable Mention: SummerSlam 2002

Worst: December To Dismember 2006
The only match even worth watching on the entire card was MNM/Hardys. After that is slowly got worse and worse through out the entire night. Sadly, I was one of the people who actually ordered it that night and I highly regretted it. Watching Bobby Lashley win the Elimination Chamber and the ECW Championship that night was ugh. No wonder Heyman left the WWE afterwords.

Honorable Mention: King of the Ring 1995

· Registered
38 Posts
Best: Wrestlemania 17
I was simply hooked into every single match, and I haven't been so enthralled in a PPV event since to be honest.

Worst: Wrestlemania 9
Complete opposite end of the spectrum, and a guy with a massive ego topped off its rubbishness!

· Registered
2,927 Posts
My Favorites: Rumble 01,09, WM 17,19,21,23,26 Series 96 and No Mercy 01 and One Night Only, plus many many more, there are too many to mention.

Worst: KOTR, IYH Great White North, Series 97(and not for the screwjob at all, just a terrible PPV), Mania 7, IYH Triple Header, Mania 2, WM 11, but KOTR is and always will be the worst, and December has nothing on it it was promtoed horribly and they only like announced the Chamber, which was a fine Chamber but everything else was random, like a Houseshow and the quality was pretty bad, still the Opener wasn't bad.

Oh yeah and almost every WWE PPV from 95 anyway and 99, i really dislike the Year, the PPV Quality was AWFUL.

· Shitting On The Bastards Below
1,281 Posts
My Favorites: Rumble 01,09, WM 17,19,21,23,26 Series 96 and No Mercy 01 and One Night Only, plus many many more, there are too many to mention.

Worst: KOTR, IYH Great White North, Series 97(and not for the screwjob at all, just a terrible PPV), Mania 7, IYH Triple Header, Mania 2, WM 11, but KOTR is and always will be the worst, and December has nothing on it it was promtoed horribly and they only like announced the Chamber, which was a fine Chamber but everything else was random, like a Houseshow and the quality was pretty bad, still the Opener wasn't bad.

Oh yeah and almost every WWE PPV from 95 anyway and 99, i really dislike the Year, the PPV Quality was AWFUL.
the rumble 99 was fine the Mankind Rock match was awsome and the undercard was ok too, the rumble itself was pretty gash but the PPV as a whole was ok

· Registered
37 Posts
King Of The Ring 1995 was dreadful, you're right. Could've been a classic considering the roster at the time; HBK, Undertaker, Bret Hart, Razor Ramon, Sid and Diesel. Shame they blew it. They could've had a great HBK vs Undertaker KOTR final.
You're damn right they blew it. I have never understood the reasoning behind the push of Mabel. He was a terrible wrestler to begin with, and his character was almost as bad...although he was definitely a better heel than face.

WWF may not have had a deep roster in 1995, but they had some high end talent...and they continually missed the opportunity to utilize that talent at the highest level.

· Banned
2,677 Posts
Yay!, at being the first to be able to say WrestleMania X7 is my favorite PPV ever.

December To Dismember is the worst one I can recall.

EDIT: Because of match quality.
My answer, exactly.

Wrestlemania 17 had several good/great matches from Rock/Austin, Triple H/Taker, Angle/Benoit, TLC II, Kane/Raven/Big Show, Shane/Vince etc. Amazing PPV.

December to Dismember killed me inside. A part of me died that night that I will never get back. To this day, I hate myself for staying up for that PPV. Do you understand what it means to hate oneself? I do...thanks to this abomination of a PPV...I do.

21 - 40 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.