Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 60 of 78 Posts

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Dolph Ziggler and Dean Ambrose.

Once The Shield split up Ambrose got incredibly over during his feud with Rollins, despite seemingly losing every single PPV match he was in, he still appeared to be a standout performer. He worked incredibly hard over the year and even made being in the Intercontinental Title picture work, despite the title being so damaged and the lack of interest in it.

Dolph Ziggler, as with most years, has also worked incredibly hard. It looked like he was getting his push at Survivor Series and like Ambrose got so, so over. However that was also just thrown away and he was shoved into a multi-man match like he didn't mean much.

Two brilliant ring workers have been put in what seems to me like a throw away match for a mid-card title they've literally only just started trying to make seem like somewhat of a big deal. These two could have been in other matches and had standout performances. It seems at Wrestlemania the top matches are reserved to include the older guys who only appear every so often. You have Lesnar in the main event, Undertaker in another top singles match, and Triple H/Sting in another, it just just doesn't leave room for those who deserve a bigger spot. I understand why they obviously have these older, more established stars in those spots but I still can't help but feel that some hard working guys deserved better.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Lesnar, one of the best pro wrestlers ever to grace the WWE deserves better than getting stuck in a shirt match carrying some hack like Reigbs instead of havin a legendary match with someone like Bryan, Orton, or Cesaro.

Ambrose, Cesaro, Harper, and Ziggler all deserve better. So do guys like Swagger, Ryback, and Barrett.

Other than Cena, Orton, Rusev, Rollins, Bray, the Son-in-Law, Sting, and Duckface, almost everyone on the card is getting less than what they deserve, with Triple H and Reigns getting much more than they deserve.
your post makes little sense.....

·
WeeWoo WeeWoo
20,073 Posts
Swagger.

Put over tons of people, has done amazing as a face, and has been paying his dues for years.

He deserved a good feud/match going into Mania.

Fuck this company, seriously.

·
Registered
556 Posts
deserving in terms of being (more) over can be knowledged!
So ziggler/ambrose was already guessed out by others and just can agree.

but that is the issue isn't? how do we really know what? who says being in a ladder match doesn't help dean and dolph especially when it has barret and db(most over guy). even r truth(who if i was a wrestler i would want to work with him because like jericho he is a very good wrestler and is at the point in his career doesn't complain about putting ppl over).

there is only one answer and that is roman reigns. he is an employee of the company, not a top guy and not a booker. yeah he has gotten great accolades(superstar of the year, feuds with db and orton, title fights with cena and now brock,of course the royal rumble) but all of them have been booked terribly and he has generated more heat for others. just look at this thread, ppl feel sorry for a part timer, brock who mails it in 90% of the time. just look at your post you think dean was wronged when he has gotten the best push of all the young guys. he has been grown slowly and organically with many great feuds(seth, evolution,wyatt), he will be even more over thanks to the match of the night ladder match. roman has barely been mentioned and it's only been negative do to db stans. we hear more about brockj leaving and/or phoning it in. if anything roman seems like his whole run has been putting over other ppl-
his feud with orton.
the chair shot from seth.
even his royal rumble win.
his brock feud.

he has gotten so much heat for doing his job. at least cena gets sympathy fans an a big paycheck. roman got one of the worst pushes in history. like i said before he made a selfish brat like brock sympathetic.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
but that is the issue isn't? how do we really know what? who says being in a ladder match doesn't help dean and dolph especially when it has barret and db(most over guy). even r truth(who if i was a wrestler i would want to work with him because like jericho he is a very good wrestler and is at the point in his career doesn't complain about putting ppl over).

there is only one answer and that is roman reigns. he is an employee of the company, not a top guy and not a booker. yeah he has gotten great accolades(superstar of the year, feuds with db and orton, title fights with cena and now brock,of course the royal rumble) but all of them have been booked terribly and he has generated more heat for others. just look at this thread, ppl feel sorry for a part timer, brock who mails it in 90% of the time. just look at your post you think dean was wronged when he has gotten the best push of all the young guys. he has been grown slowly and organically with many great feuds(seth, evolution,wyatt), he will be even more over thanks to the match of the night ladder match. roman has barely been mentioned and it's only been negative do to db stans. we hear more about brockj leaving and/or phoning it in. if anything roman seems like his whole run has been putting over other ppl-
his feud with orton.
the chair shot from seth.
even his royal rumble win.
his brock feud.

he has gotten so much heat for doing his job. at least cena gets sympathy fans an a big paycheck. roman got one of the worst pushes in history. like i said before he made a selfish brat like brock sympathetic.
i just wanted to answer the threads question. my view about a what if question. i hope this picture tells you how i feel after your second post quote (no dislike - look it's cosby):

·
Registered
556 Posts
i just wanted to answer the threads question. my view about a what if question. i hope this picture tells you how i feel after your second post quote (no dislike - look it's cosby):
come again? i was answering the question. you said zig and ambrose. i felt they were in the best position and roman the worst.

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
Ambrose would be in first place with Barrett a close second.

Ambrose because he was ridiculously over and prominent in the fall, but it was to the detriment of Roman Reigns so they fucked it.

Barrett because he's deserved so much more for such a long time but they axed him immediately after he returned per usual.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
come again? i was answering the question. you said zig and ambrose. i felt they were in the best position and roman the worst.
ok. i understand the question like that: Singles main event is the best match and tons of people match is the lowest standard. in terms of that i said ambrose and ziggi.
now you answer it is reigns because the whole booking and overpushing hurts more than helps.
this is some kind of strange - you cannot call the match (main event wm) that every wrestler wants to do the worst match or somebody deserved better. i am not a punk fan. but i remember he left because of not getting it.

·
Registered
556 Posts
ok. i understand the question like that: Singles main event is the best match and tons of people match is the lowest standard. in terms of that i said ambrose and ziggi.
now you answer it is reigns because the whole booking and overpushing hurts more than helps.
this is some kind of strange - you cannot call the match (main event wm) that every wrestler wants to do the worst match or somebody deserved better. i am not a punk fan. but i remember he left because of not getting it.
but the point of him having the main event is to get him over. he is not getting the positive treatment a face main eventer deserves. that is not a positive for his career. remember he is a young guy getting booed when this is supposed to be his big moment. this match won't matter if it hurts him long term. remember when something goes vince never blames himnself he blames the guy. granted this is/was a salvagable situation if roman had the mic skills and confidence to work the crowd but he is still green. it is still fixable but they need a sea change. add to that the rumors that brock will half ass it and it could be like goldberg vs brock 2.0. not fair to a young buck, especially someone just establishing himself.

zig and dean are in a great position because their match or sting's match will be motn so vince will see that and be more inclined to give either of them a push.

cm punk, i doubt would've stayed if he was getting the heat roman is getting.

·
Registered
1,650 Posts
but the point of him having the main event is to get him over. he is not getting the positive treatment a face main eventer deserves. that is not a positive for his career. remember he is a young guy getting booed when this is supposed to be his big moment. this match won't matter if it hurts him long term. remember when something goes vince never blames himnself he blames the guy. granted this is/was a salvagable situation if roman had the mic skills and confidence to work the crowd but he is still green. it is still fixable but they need a sea change. add to that the rumors that brock will half ass it and it could be like goldberg vs brock 2.0. not fair to a young buck, especially someone just establishing himself.

zig and dean are in a great position because their match or sting's match will be motn so vince will see that and be more inclined to give either of them a push.

cm punk, i doubt would've stayed if he was getting the heat roman is getting.
i got you, but i still think this is a really specific type to answer to the thread. but ok so i try to answer:
yep reigns push might work out better another way. that was discussed tons of times in this forum. whenever a post was about this each opinion was treated as reigns hate or bryan love.
to me this whole reigns project is like a launched moon rocket which no way to stop. things got fixed and gets worse like: reigns getting no credit by fans - so let's have big stars say he is good. fans are like WTF. just made it worse. Or he is not good in mic what does wwe do, he talks every weak.
it is like wwe has a book with the name "how to push a wrestler for dummies". Just no quality work and reigns can't make sh§t look better than it is.

i did not discussed if punk left if he had the momentum of reigns. i said he said that he also left wwe because he did not get the wm mainevent

·
Banned
6,700 Posts
Dolph Ziggler is #1 and it aint even close. After 7 years in the company and several worldtitles the guy has never gotten a wrestlemania singlesmatch. Dean Ambrose deserves better aswell. This is how the card shouldve looked.

Bryan vs Lesnar (30 min)
Rollins vs Orton (18min)
Wyatt vs Taker (20 min)
Sting vs hhh (15 min)
Rusev vs Reigns (Us title) (10 min)
Ziggler vs Ambrose (ic title ladder match) (15 min)
Stardust vs Goldust (10 min)
Cesaro&Kidd vs Usos (3 min)
Aj&Paige vs Nikki (5 min)

Preshow - Andre the Giant memorial (25 min)

Cena,Ryback,Big Show,Kane,Mizdow,Miz etc

Yeah may seem weird to keep Cena out of the maincard but they couldve played to the storyline of him being old and done only to have him get his revenge or whatever you wanna call it down the line. Hell even a heelturn at summerslam to go into mania 32. Thats how the card shouldve looked imo.

·
You're Pretty Good
9,811 Posts
Seth Rollins.

From what bits and pieces I've seen he's been consistently brilliant and should be main eventing while he's the top heel in the business. Even a triple threat with the current ME could have worked perfectly.

41 - 60 of 78 Posts