Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ahm,today I went to the mall with my family today to buy a gift to a cousin of mine and we went to the mall's Toys'R'Us. So,I was bored and went wandering around the store... until I found this:

The mall only opened in late 08 (a lot after Benoit died) and it's just weird that merch like that still is/was on the market. And the disturbing/laughable about it? When you click in it's legs,that's what happens: *sound efect*

So,I was wondering,how is this still on the stores?

·
Michael Cole is NXT
1,049 Posts
Aha that is very strange, and controversial, especially as it's aimed at kids. I know WWE directly don't sell Benoit merchandise.

I would love to see the reaction if you went to a WWE event in a Benoit shirt though, someone should film that.

·
Registered
1,505 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Oh wow, that is very surprising. Especially seeing as the store opened AFTER all that shit went down.

How much were they charging? lol
20€ (it's on the pic,just that price is in portuguese (preço)

The thing is,here in portuguese only people who watched online knew about the Benoit double-murder + suicide. To the majority of viewers,who watched on TV,he just stoped apearing (in my school we even thought he was fired or something)

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
Damn this is very surprising indeed. I went to COlombo's Toys r us here in Lisbon a couple of months ago and don't recall seeing anything wrestling related otherwise I would have bought it just for the rarity of the thing and hoping I could sell it for a huge amount later hehe. You should have grabbed it.

But yeah only one of my friends besides me knew about the benoit thing.

·
The Definition of Excellence
1,554 Posts
It's not surprising at all. Distribution centers buy in a bulk and have stuff in stock for years. The stuff I've seen come out of warehouses over the years in retail... I'd have no trouble believing this has been sitting in one somewhere unsold since 2007. Recently Walgreens just got a shipment of Backlash 2002 action figures in for the Christmas season.

·
Registered
802 Posts
another benoit thread * blows brians out

·
Registered
91 Posts
another benoit thread * blows brians out
Whats your problem. its not like this has been posted before. Its just sum1 that found sumthin recently and wanted to share it with every1. Be totally different if he was just reporting the murder. Thats the problem on this forum some times, some folk just want to criticize other members instead of joining in on discussions. Im sick of this crap. Rant over!!!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
It's not surprising at all. Distribution centers buy in a bulk and have stuff in stock for years. The stuff I've seen come out of warehouses over the years in retail... I'd have no trouble believing this has been sitting in one somewhere unsold since 2007. Recently Walgreens just got a shipment of Backlash 2002 action figures in for the Christmas season.
This. Before our local K-Mart closed down in 2009. The last month or two I managed to find a copy of Bad Blood 2003 on their stands. Warehouses that distribute stuff like this have boxes upon boxes of this stuff. So like MajinTrunks said it was probably sitting somewhere unsold.

·
Registered
21,634 Posts
There is a store in Manchester, UK that sells Benoit figures still they were £5 last time I was in there.

·
Registered
559 Posts
there was a store in my mall just recently closed down but they used to have the wrestlers sign when they were in the area, at nassau colliseum or the garden. and theyd have all the extra pictures. benoit came when he was champ and there was still a bunch of signed pics of him with the title for 2 years till they closed down. price went down on it like everytime i went in

·
Registered
802 Posts
Whats your problem. its not like this has been posted before. Its just sum1 that found sumthin recently and wanted to share it with every1. Be totally different if he was just reporting the murder. Thats the problem on this forum some times, some folk just want to criticize other members instead of joining in on discussions. Im sick of this crap. Rant over!!!
fair enough my bad i didnt mean it to come out that way, fair enough he found it and it is quite interesting, i just see alot of threads about him, yer this is different so fair play. and i know what ya mean about people on the fourm and im sorry if i sounded like one then ill change my ways, im not been sarcastic either.

This coming from a guy who's just created a thread comparing the RKO with the Stunner? Yeah, real original.
wanna stalk me anymore? i was just watchin some clips on youtube and thought of how many different versions of that move rko stunner dimond cutter ect so i just put it up for people to tell me wat they think, but the fact that ive been back on this forum for about 4 days and and ive seen more threads about benoit more than ever sorry pall

·
Registered
2,279 Posts
Don't argue with Saame, the guy is a moron. Or 12. Either way, it doesn't make sense to bother with him, he loves to get internet angst up and stalk people. There has been way too many Benoit threads lately.

And why is it important that this place was selling Benoit action figures? He's one of the greatest wrestlers who ever lived, and I very much doubt the shopkeeper would know any different.

·
Registered
802 Posts
Don't argue with Saame, the guy is a moron. Or 12. Either way, it doesn't make sense to bother with him, he loves to get internet angst up and stalk people. There has been way too many Benoit threads lately.

And why is it important that this place was selling Benoit action figures? He's one of the greatest wrestlers who ever lived, and I very much doubt the shopkeeper would know any different.
cheers pall haha i couldnt of put it better myself :p

1 - 20 of 30 Posts