Lucas Landslide
1,885 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Per Miro on twitch.

AEW really shit the bed here what a total failure

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
He's exactly the type of talent the undercard in AEW could use, someone who unlike the Janela's of the world, can make whoever he's in the ring with look like a million bucks. There are tons of top notch workrate guys in NXT UK he could have great matches with though; he can also remain close to home.

·
Lifting weights and eating steaks
18,936 Posts
Not surprised considering who he's trained by.

Good luck to him - looked a good talent whenever I had seen him.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Per Miro on twitch.

AEW really shit the bed here what a total failure
I'm upset they didn't sign him. But there's a reason behind it. Ben Carter isn't allowed to work in the United States. He doesn't have a work visa to work in the US.

Hes in US on college scholarship. So AEW or anyone running tv in US can't hire him until he gets one. He worked those AEW shows for free. What WWE is offer is to hire him to NXT UK. Then have him to back UK and work on there. So it's not same thing as AEW dropped boat. They couldn't sign him and WWE can right now. He can work for them and get work visa in US down the road.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
He's exactly the type of talent the undercard in AEW could use, someone who unlike the Janela's of the world, can make whoever he's in the ring with look like a million bucks. There are tons of top notch workrate guys in NXT UK he could have great matches with though; he can also remain close to home.
He doesn't have works visa in US. AEW couldn't sign him. All they could have done is said we will help you get one(which will take awhile these days with virus happening)and hire you then. WWE can hire him now and put him on NXT UK. Then get him visa down the road to work in the US. It's shame I'm a big fan of him and really hoped he would end up in AEW. But there's nothing AEW could do right now.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
Are you saying AEW can't sort of work visas? An international wrestling company with a television deal can't organize work visas for their wrestlers?

·
Registered
7,968 Posts
Are you saying AEW can't sort of work visas? An international wrestling company with a television deal can't organize work visas for their wrestlers?
No even the WWE can't do it but what the WWE can do is sign him to NXT UK.

·
Premium Member
7,591 Posts
No even the WWE can't do it but what the WWE can do is sign him to NXT UK.
Work visas take time to get, but they can be obtained without a ton of hurdles. I have worked in immigration law in my past. Both companies have connections to speed up the process too.

·
Registered
904 Posts
I'm watching him on Dark right now. He's pretty good. The kind of talent you groom for the future. I get a Daniel Bryan vibe from him in the agility side in that he's agile but doesn't overdo it.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Work visas take time to get, but they can be obtained without a ton of hurdles. I have worked in immigration law in my past. Both companies have connections to speed up the process too.
Things are much much more slowed down during the pandemic. Carter talked about all this in a interview with Fightful. He likely wouldn't get world visa until next year at this rate. So now he can go home to UK and wrestle for NXT UK. Then at some point after he gets his work visa. He can move back to US and be on regular NXT or main roster.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
I'm watching him on Dark right now. He's pretty good. The kind of talent you groom for the future. I get a Daniel Bryan vibe from him in the agility side in that he's agile but doesn't overdo it.
Yeah he's awesome talent. It's shame AEW couldn't sign him. The guy worked for free to get exposure with AEW and it worked out for him. After his matches I was wondering why they weren't signing him before they even put those matches on tv. When I found out the reason I knew it was bad sign for AEW.

Since it's so easy for him to take NXT UK deal now and go home with his family. Until he is able to get work visa in US down the road. Instead of sticking in US working Indies for pennies or for AEW for free until his visa comes. It sucks for AEW but I can't blame the guy. Hopefully this isn't one of those WHAT IF scenarios where Ben Carter went to AEW instead and how much it would have benefit them or changed things.

·
Registered
4,860 Posts
Aside from there have been WWE wrestlers who have gotten work visas, even Impact at their lowest point could get people work visas, I'm sure AEW can manage.
According to Carter guys are struggling to get it renewed right now during pandemic. The fact he never had one before during these times means it will take a while. You gotta understand how slowly stuff like that is moving now with virus going on. I know in some states you aren't even allowed to get a driver's license until after it's expired with how backed up things are. He will likely debut on NXT UK in a few months. There's no way he will be in US NXT or main roster in 2020 at this rate.

·
Registered
3,163 Posts
According to Carter guys are struggling to get it renewed right now during pandemic. The fact he never had one before during these times means it will take a while. You gotta understand how slowly stuff like that is moving now with virus going on. I know in some states you aren't even allowed to get a driver's license until after it's expired with how backed up things are. He will likely debut on NXT UK in a few months. There's no way he will be in US NXT or main roster in 2020 at this rate.
Oh right now it's definitely difficult, the way I was reading the posts in this thread a lot of it came off as people were thinking AEW could never get one for someone. All good.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts