Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tony Chimel introduces the show. Not quite sold out, didnt expect it to be with the lack of star power but a good crowd nonetheless.

1.Finlay vs Tyler Reks. Finlay gets a good home crowd pop. Reks gets a fair bit of heat, he has quite a nasty look that suits his heel persona. Hornswoggle comes out as well during the match and distracts Reks. Match is slow paced, Finlay seems a bit off the pace but gets the win after hitting Reks with the shilellaigh.

2. Jack Swagger vs Chris Masters. Swagger comes out to a decent reaction whereas Masters gets next to nothing. Gets a fair bit of time and its a pretty good match for a house show. Masters puts the masterlock on Swagger's eagle then Swagger gets the win with the ankle lock.

3. Chavo Guerrero vs Mason Ryan (?). Dont know this Mason guy but hes pretty massive and he was playing the babyface. Shows off his strength by lifting Chavo above his head and gets the win with a generic slam finisher.

4. Dolph ziggler vs cody rhodes vs Drew McIntyre vs MVP for the intercontinental championship. MVP gets a good pop and face reaction during the match but thats to be expected as he was the only babyface in the match. Drew seems to be taking the piss with the way he took his bumps. The heels worked together at parts. Ziggler steals the win by pinning Cody. Nexus (no barret or cena) run to the ring immediately following the match and beat down on all 4 guys. They claim they're going to take over Smackdown and will be defending the tag titles later tonight against the hart dynasty. They get a fair bit of heat from the crowd.

5. Alberto Del Rio vs Rey Mysterio. Del Rio gets on the mic before the match and tells the Belfast crowd that he is just like them except he is more talented and more handsome. Then makes a funny remark about blaming our parents for our ugliness. Rey comes out but is attacked by Del rio during his entrance. Doctors attend to Rey and take him to the back. Kofi comes out and chases Del Rio then challenges him to a match. Kofi gets a good pop. A decent enough match is won by Kofi with the trouble in paradise after Rey comes back out and slips through Del Rios legs to distract him.

Intermission

6. Nexus (Slater and Gabriel) vs Harty Dynasty for the world tag titles. Pretty standard tag team match. Gets a good bit of time and Nexus gets the win after Gabriel rolls up Tyson Kidd. Was dissapointed that he didnt use the 450 slash.

7. Layla vs Natalya. Laylas messes around with a massive blow up ball before the match. Natalya throws at her and knocks her down. Average divas match, Natalya gets the win but the match wasnt for the championship.

8. Main Event, Kane vs Big Show for the world heavyweight championship. This match as expected, was slow and boring and repetive with Kane constantly going for Big Shows knees. Big Show hits the chokeslam but Kanes gets the rope. Big Show then hits the knockout punch but Nexus interfere before the count. This is followed by the whole locker room running to the room and a massive brawl ending with the faces standing in the ring. Big Show thanks the Belfast crowd.

Overall, was a pretty good show, nothing spectacular. Was dissapointed that Undertaker wasnt making an appearance and also that Edge was no where to be seen. I presume he wont be on the rest of the Smackdown european tour. Rey also looks to be carrying an injury, this is presumably why he didnt compete.

·
Banned
5,666 Posts
I think I would go home and not bother watching Kane vs Big Show for the title.

Seriously what a snoozefest.

·
Registered
5,697 Posts
I wanna see ADR vs Kofi.

·
Premium Member
5,646 Posts
Im glad Im going to see a RAW house show instead, espcially when Undertaker, Christian, Edge & Kaval all weren't there

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I was there, it was a good show! Shitty main event but great besides that. Was really shocked when Nexus ran out, that was a pleasant surprise. :) Glad to see Natalya also. <3

I went to the bar after like usual and got to hang out with a bunch of the guys again! It was awesome, have to upload the pics.

·
Registered
4,592 Posts
I just wanna say , in the US the date on this would actually be considered April 11th 2010 :confused: lol crazy other half of the world switching month and days spots

6. Nexus (Slater and Gabriel) vs Harty Dynasty for the world tag titles. Pretty standard tag team match. Gets a good bit of time and Nexus gets the win after Gabriel rolls up Tyson Kidd. Was dissapointed that he didnt use the 450 slash.
Hes probably like "PFFT , I am NOT breaking my ribs for a non televised event."

·
Follower of Lockeism
13,482 Posts
Why do they insist upon having Kane/Show as the main event? I can't think of anything more boring tbh...

Otherwise it looks alright, although I'm glad I chose the RAW show. How come Edge didn't appear?

·
You are being watched
5,683 Posts
since when has Mason Ryan been doing house show dates? I haven't heard of him doing them up until now. Anyway, sounds like a decent show. The F4y seems a bit weird with four heels but hey ho, whatever works. Looks good.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
Hes probably like "PFFT , I am NOT breaking my ribs for a non televised event."
Guess what? There's this thing that wrestlers do right, called selling, where they try to make the move look like it hurts ...

Sounds like a decent show, but if I was there I'd have wanted Kaval and Edge on the card.

·
Your either NEXUS or Your AGAINST us....
250 Posts
pretty glad that Nexus popped up, im going to the glasgow smackdown house show on Sunday and am looking forward to seeing them!

·
Phantom Thief
17,449 Posts
WOW! Watching Smackdown, they REALLY used your house show to expirement. The Nexus beating up Rey, the Triple Threat, Nexus invasion etc

·
Registered
1,506 Posts
Damnit! I thought Natalya won the title for a second lol. MOTN was the Fatal 4 Way :)

·
Registered
548 Posts
I was wondering what had happened to Finlay.
I can't see much fun in House Shows because championships will never change hands. Nonetheless, I'm sure I'd have enjoyed it - just because of the atmosphere and such.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts