Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm just dyin to see Roode and Storm do the singles run. I am aware that BM are one of the best tag teams right now, so breaking them up would not make much sense. They remind me so much of Triple H and HBK that it's not even funny. I favor Storm a little more (I guess that's cause he's a TN native haha). I remember Storm vs. Harris' street fight, and it was one of the best matches I ever saw. Storm definitely has what it takes to be Main Event material. So does Roode.

· Registered
3,068 Posts
Well IMO Your right! I think needs a storyline quite similar to "Money in the bank" where one of the young talented guys gets a chance to finally branch out and that will require for a tag team to be broken up. Beer Money would be perfect!

· Registered
2,047 Posts
I think they should go solo after they lose the tag team titles. They don't even have to feud really (although I wouldn't mind), I'd just like to see them do something different. To be fair they've accomplished a hell of a lot for what we all assumed was a temporary makeshift tag team to give them both something to do in the middle of 2008.

· Registered
7,589 Posts
Whilst i would love to see Robert Roode as a singles wrestler seeing how i really believe he is a major singles star in the making the problem much like if The Motor City Machine Guns were to break up and become singles wrestler's in the X Division it is them and Beer Money that hold the tag team division together. In the last year we have seen the tag team division become the best division in TNA and at times it was the tag team division that has held TNA together on it's own, the best of five series that those two teams had may just be the best set of matches i have ever seen from a tag team.

If TNA were to go out and sign Shelton Benjamin and Charlie Haas, The Briscoe Brothers and Paul London to pair him up with Brian Kendrick that breaking up Beer Money and The Motor City Machine Guns would be ok because London and Kendrick can replace The Motor City Machine Guns almost like for like whilst Benjamin/Haas and The Briscoes between them would fill the gap left by Beer Money. Outside of that happening though splitting either team up would be a HUGE mistake as far as their tag team division is concerned despite the fact i would love to see Robert Roode, James Storm, Chris Sabin and Alex Shelley all shine on their own.

It is clear to see that as exciting in the ring as Generation Me are they are not trusted by TNA management and apparently have a lot of heat backstage whilst Ink Inc are in reality no more than a mid card act similar to how teams like The Rockers, The Orient Express, The Beverly Brothers were in WWE or High Voltage were in WCW so Ink Inc are not the team TNA will put their faith in to carry the division. Gunner and Murphy were not even a proper tag team a few months ago and were just on screen security so i can't see them being taken seriously as a major tag team either thus meaning until TNA go out and sign two or three new tag teams neither Beer Money or The Motor City Machine Guns will be breaking up.

· Banned
2,174 Posts
James Storm and Chris Harris faced each other 3 times

The Blindfold match was pitiful.The Texas Deathmatch was very good. The King Of The Mountain Qualifier was good too

Time for the Tennesee Cowboy to do what The Wildcat couldn't

Robert Roode, didnt fit the TNa criteria at all but then he started teaming with James,

speaking of didnt these two try to kill each other in the USA vs Canada fued four years ago, did they really just let bygones be bygones? Everyone thought the name Beer money was horrible,

Then i was like THANK GOSH THIS DUDE IS ACTUALLY WATCHABLE NOW, to the point where now Roode can have a good match with almost anyone, kinda reminds me of Triple H

So yeah, just like MCMG these guys have done the tag team schtick to its full extent, bring on the singles pushes, THE FIGHT FOR THE FUTURE!

Rightnow i'm thinking Gen Me vs The Hardies

· Registered
1,112 Posts
Roode v. Storm could sell huge, maybe in a year we will see this happen.

But first MCMG needs to figure out what they're doing. If they have a break up and then feud it would just be dumb to see BM do it. Having the same thing happen 3 times (including Team 3D) within a year would be ridiculous. Plus, TNA is known for their strong tag division.

· Registered
2,113 Posts
Roode would be really believable as a main event guy.

However, i don't see Storm getting there, unless its in a program with Roode.
Pairing storm up with a new signing, signed specifically to tag with him would be ideal.

· Registered
65 Posts
How about a tag match feud where the stipulation is the loser must disband or cant tag for 6 months, forcing them to go singles. You could have them both still in Fortune just doing the singles routes together, or have one break off from the others. I dunno who I'd have turn heel of the two. I can see both succeeding well in both departments.

· Premium Member
24,105 Posts
I think they should be split up as well. Both are top talent material. These guys are already getting into their mid thirties and have accomplished all they can as a tag team in TNA. I'd hate to see them squandered. Roode will make an awesome TOP heel. Hell I thinkhe could be a top heel in the WWE even. Storm is very underrated as well and could be a top babyface.

· Registered
8,175 Posts
I think Robert Roode is a star. He's got all the ability in the world. He's great on the mic, and in the ring. When Beer Money breaks up, he should be pushed to the moon.

I like Storm a lot too. I don't think he's a possible Main Event guy like Roode, but he's definitely got a lot of talent.

I see Storm as kind of an Arn Anderson type guy. He's a guy who you can team him up with someone, and that team instantly becomes one of the best Tag Teams in the World.

I would have Roode turn on Storm in a year or so. I'd have them feud for a while. Having matches like a Texas Death Match, etc. I'd also have a PPV match where they reunited their old teams for a night and have them go against each other.

Like have Roode team up with Eric Young or even bring back Petey for a night to go against AMW.

After that, I'd push Roode as a Main Event guy, and have Storm not too far behind him. Either as an Upper-Midcard guy, or have him team up with another guy and win the Tag Titles again.

· Registered
9,884 Posts
If it ain't broke don't fix it.

· Registered
8,175 Posts
Which is why Samoa Joe and AJ Styles in the X division= $$$$$$ and not this other non sense they been doing.

It's not about fixing what's not broken, it's about wanna see guys further their career.

If that was the case, Bret Hart would've stayed teaming up with Anvil, and HBK and Marty Janetty never would've taken that trip to the Barber Shop.

· Registered
4,029 Posts
1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.