Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Once again you look at Sasha's momentum as if it were a face's momentum. Getting your heat matters more to a heel than winning match 1. It goes a long way in establishing Sasha's alignment long-term. Becky kept winning as a heel to the point that getting heat was impossible.

Look at it as a lose a battle, but win the war scenario.

·
Registered
24,566 Posts
Okay, I get what you mean but as long as Becky gets the title at the end of the feud, then fine. And to answer your question. Who else is there besides Sasha? Let's see Ronda Rousey who still has 2 years left in her contract and will probably back later of the year since Becky hinted in her last interview with Sean Ross Sapp.
We don’t know when Ronda will be back exactly. He’ll, she may still start a family. And I’m more concerned about getting Sasha to Becky, Charlotte, and Ronda’s level as opposed to waiting on Ronda.

Once again you look at Sasha's momentum as if it were a face's momentum. Getting your heat matters more to a heel than winning match 1. It goes a long way in establishing Sasha's alignment long-term. Becky kept winning as a heel to the point that getting heat was impossible.

Look at it as a lose a battle, but win the war scenario.
You keep trying to make that point and your logic is way off.

You can lose as a face or trip as a face and still continue on your journey. That’s been the case with Daniel Bryam, Bayley in NXT, Zayn in MXT, Kofi this year. All success stories.

You lose constantly as a heel? Or failing to get the job done as a heel? It’s that much harder to take you seriously because usually you’re the one with the last laugh before the big match. A heel who can’t get the job done isn’t an interesting one.

And for the love of God, despite what I just said, forget about heel vs face dynamics for a minute. Sasha is not on Becky’s level in terms of positioning in the company. And the only way she gets there is by beating people like Becky. You could maybe do a no contest the 1st match, but the first real winner should be Sasha.

You can come up with a million different arguments around that but again, it’s that simple.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
We don’t know when Ronda will be back exactly. He’ll, she may still start a family. And I’m more concerned about getting Sasha to Becky, Charlotte, and Ronda’s level as opposed to waiting on Ronda.

You keep trying to make that point and your logic is way off.

You can lose as a face or trip as a face and still continue on your journey. That’s been the case with Daniel Bryam, Bayley in NXT, Zayn in NXT, Kofi this year. All success stories.

You lose constantly as a heel? Or failing to get the job done as a heel? It’s that much harder to take you seriously because usually you’re the one with the last laugh before the big match. A heel who can’t get the job done isn’t an interesting one.

And for the love of God, despite what I just said, forget about heel vs face dynamics for a minute. Sasha is not on Becky’s level in terms of positioning in the company. And the only way she gets there is by beating people like Becky. You could maybe do a no contest the 1st match, but the first real winner should be Sasha.

You can come up with a million different arguments around that but again, it’s that simple.
Sasha's already there. She's always been there. Ronda got completely overshadowed by Becky's relentlass character to the point that they took it from her.

Becky has already had the big win. She isn't this ultimate underdog story. You are now the 2nd or 3rd most accomplished woman on Raw.

You don't cool a star off to try to crowbar her into a role that never fit her in the 1st place.

Losing 1 match even by dq doesn't make a heel a non threat. It's actually richer development. Only someone who doesn't get it would think otherwise.

Heels who are too interesting get cheered.

Sasha literally just got established as a worthy opponent to Becky in one night. Jesus you put too much stock into the past crap that doesn't matter. By your logic, Just have every female heel with a little steam beat Becky. That will make them Wrestlemania main eventers.

Your booking makes Sasha a hot face and Becky booed like a heel.

·
The Babyface of WF
12,578 Posts
A Heel Sasha will do big things including beating Becky for the title, I can see similarities to her NXT championship run if booked right, She's a better Heel than most except Alexa, I would love to see a Babyface Alexa chasing the title and reigniting her feud with roles reversed against Sasha.
Face Alexa is so going to get booed against Sasha as a heel.
Not now of course not but just because she came back to a big pop on Monday after being absent with rumors of her never coming back it's easy to say she will never get boo'd against Alexa who is popular regardless of booking and Smark hate.

I'd leave this for next year at best, Right now she's working with The Man and that's a good thing.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
3,169 Posts
sasha vs becky, either sasha wins and then loses it within a week as per usual with her, or becky wins again and keeps it until rousey returns.

sigh... one day, just one day maybe they'll push asuka for the raw belt and I can get that dream Bliss❤vs Asuka title match.

·
Premium Member
2,171 Posts
Have Sasha win it at the next PPV and then have Becky win it back on RAW the next night. Just for shits and giggles.

Want to be taken seriously as a credible star? Don't sit at home pouting for 4 months.

·
Southern Pride
3,580 Posts
Sasha has to win it from Becky.

No one knows about Rondas status. She may not even return to RAW when she does return. She may challenge Charlotte when Charlotte eventually takes the SD Womens Championship from Bayley.

People also got to remember that Nia Jax will eventually return too, as will Ruby Riott. So who knows if Rousey would even be a heel when she is back. There is too many unknowns with Rousey to even make a prediction, even though I know that people want to see Becky vs Ronda.

Regarding Sasha (getting myself back on topic), surely shes not agreeing to come back with the mentality that shes just going to play second fiddle to everyone all over again. WWE would be stupid to not capitalize on whatever momentum she has from being gone for months. Sasha has to be the one to take the title from Becky.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I wouldn't say Sasha "agreed" to come back. She has to finish her contract somehow, or else she'll never be able to wrestle/work again.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,554 Posts
Sasha has to win it from Becky.

No one knows about Rondas status. She may not even return to RAW when she does return. She may challenge Charlotte when Charlotte eventually takes the SD Womens Championship from Bayley.

People also got to remember that Nia Jax will eventually return too, as will Ruby Riott. So who knows if Rousey would even be a heel when she is back. There is too many unknowns with Rousey to even make a prediction, even though I know that people want to see Becky vs Ronda.

Regarding Sasha (getting myself back on topic), surely shes not agreeing to come back with the mentality that shes just going to play second fiddle to everyone all over again. WWE would be stupid to not capitalize on whatever momentum she has from being gone for months. Sasha has to be the one to take the title from Becky.
Let's be real here, Sasha didn't come back at her own choice, she came back because she didn't want Vince to add more dates to her contract and didn't want to be sued. She also is back to make sure her contract days runs out before going to AEW. She is not back because she misses people in the back. Maybe her friends but no one else. But sadly I can see Vince be petty.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,716 Posts
I'm not sure why Ronda is brought up so much here. she straight up said she's in "baby making mode" so don't expect her coming back until AT LEAST a year from now.

Holding back someone as hot as Sasha right now because of someone who might not come back in a year (or ever that's possible too) is just insane to me.

·
Registered
4,523 Posts
From the time that butterflies appeared on Bayley's clothing, we can say that Sasha was back fairly quick regardless. Probs likes the lifestyle too much to give it up and I suspect that AEW aint giving her anywhere close to the money that WWE is providing, and nowhere near the divas division either.

But yea back on topic, Sasha has to win this feud and it has to stick, until the feud is revisited at either wrestlemania or Royal Rumble at the earliest. There we have a nice underdog story coming up. If not Charlie and Becky are gonna be leaned on heavily till the next batch of diva call ups provided that theres somebody not named Shayna that can become a star. Don't watch NXt so I don't know.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Sasha and Becky is clearly going to be a hot feud that lasts many ppvs. Story wise it makes sense for Becky to win the first match and Sasha to chase a little. Treating Becky as if she is still in Sasha's shadow after doing what Sasha could not is idiotic storytelling. Losing to Becky, the one Sasha has always treated as second to will make her even more of a heel. There has always been a layer of insecurity to Sasha's character. Sasha will likely win the title eventually.

I see people say that Sasha should win early because instant satisfaction. I counter with, how did Wrestlemania main eventer Fandango work out?

41 - 53 of 53 Posts