Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think making sasha heel is gonna actually make her a face. Hopefully they do it right and she beats Becky for the belt or her return and attack was kinda pointless. I think she can be a big star heel if she wins the championship and maybe fueds with bailey at clash of champions.if not who do you see taking Becky's belt?

·
Registered
15,835 Posts
Bailey v Sasha? No thanks... that ship sailed when they failed to pull the trigger last year on it.

And honestly, it depends on if Ronda is coming back or not to how the booking should go. If Ronda is coming back soon, then it should be Ronda/Becky all the way and Sasha just needs to take a back seat. If Ronda is not returning anytime soon, then it can be a good back and forth feud for a while. But really, what needs to happen is that the belts are unified and the women's division is either across both shows or on one because they do not have the talent pool to support two world titles and a tag title. We are seeing how much they are scrambling now for feuds in either singles or tag for these women.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Fuck Ronda, give the title to Sasha Banks.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Sasha and Becky trade it back and forth.

They don't actually need Becky to have the belt for a Ronda match, but the best way to make this a heated feud is to have it last half the year and involve each getting the upper hand on the other for stretches at a time.

And my god, does it have potential to be a good one. I don't trust that it automatically will be because WWE... but the ingredients are all there.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,685 Posts
Fuck Ronda, give the title to Sasha Banks.
Agreed no need to wait for Ronda especially since she's probably ending up on Smackdown if she's ever returning (since FOX has been not shy in their desire for her on their show)

Strike while the iron is hot. give Sasha the belt at COC. Becky is a made women Sasha is not. plus she can always win the belt back at a later date. Sasha current momentum NEEDS this.

·
Registered
10,150 Posts
Agreed no need to wait for Ronda especially since she's probably ending up on Smackdown if she's ever returning (since FOX has been not shy in their desire for her on their show)

Strike while the iron is hot. give Sasha the belt at COC. Becky is a made women Sasha is not. plus she can always win the belt back at a later date. Sasha current momentum NEEDS this.
I don't want Ronda back at all.

I agree that they should have Sasha beat Becky pretty quickly for the title at Clash Of Champions and give her a strong reign. I'm also someone who has never really liked Sasha since she joined the main roster, i feel like she's been wasted ever since the Charlotte feud on RAW. I liked her work on NXT obviously.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,528 Posts
Some people on this thread forgets that Ronda is still employed by the WWE for the next 2 years. And if she is coming back to Raw before the end of the year than Becky is keeping the belt and they will have a rematch at Royal Rumble or WM 36.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts

It has been 1 week. You're basing momentum off of a return pop. She was guaranteed to get cheered especially after the way Becky was heeling it up against Natalya last night.

Look what happened to Asuka when they thought to hotshot the title to her off of current unsustainable momentum.

Becky is so beyond chasing to mania at this point. It ain't topping Becky 2 belts. Prolonging limits options for Becky.

Sasha has more sustainable momentum and doesn't have a mania win. She can easily build on. Sasha is also younger and has plenty of time which is why they held off prior. She is in a great spot right now.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts

It really says something about a persons skills when they're a 4 time world champion and they're "not made". :lol

·
3,685 Posts
It really says something about a persons skills when they're a 4 time world champion and they're "not made". :lol
Yeah being booked like a loser who can't defend their title and loses it a week after winning it. and they bliss mock her for it and still won it anyways.

really steller booking. and even after all that she outpopped most of ya'll favorites.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Yeah being booked like a loser who can't defend their title and loses it a week after winning it. and they bliss mock her for it and still won it anyways.

really steller booking. and even after all that she outpopped most of ya'll's favorites.
3 weeks after winning his first world title, Edge lost it to John Cena. Nobody said he wasn't made. A 4 time world champion is still a 4 time world champion, it doesn't matter if they can't defend it. And all of these reigns are on the A show, mind you.

·
3,685 Posts
It has been 1 week. You're basing momentum off of a return pop. She was guaranteed to get cheered especially after the way Becky was heeling it up against Natalya last night.

Look what happened to Asuka when they thought to hotshot the title to her off of current unsustainable momentum.

Becky is so beyond chasing to mania at this point. It ain't topping Becky 2 belts. Prolonging limits options for Becky.

Sasha has more sustainable momentum and doesn't have a mania win. She can easily build on. Sasha is also younger and has plenty of time which is why they held off prior. She is in a great spot right now.
I just don't agree. Sasha winning means as much as Becky winning the belt from Charlotte at HIAC. would Becky have been buried if she lost to Charlotte? maybe not but it would have unnecessary halted her momentum.

They got it right last year. now they need to do the right thing this year.

·
3,685 Posts
3 weeks after winning his first world title, Edge lost it to John Cena. Nobody said he wasn't made. A 4 time world champion is still a 4 time world champion, it doesn't matter if they can't defend it. And all of these reigns are on the A show, mind you.
Edge didn't have the reputation of being a choke artist who couldn't defend their title if their life depended on it like sasha.

His first reign might have been short but he eventually won and seccusefully defended his title. Sasha is yet to do the same. and no one can take a choke artist seriously so Yeah she's not made UNTIL she ends this stupid curse.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
I'm really confused. Why is the Sasha mark arguing that Sasha isn't an established star?

Yes, she can be bigger. She almost certainly will be bigger in this heel run. But she's extremely established.

·
3,685 Posts
I'm really confused. Why is the Sasha mark arguing that Sasha isn't an established star?

Yes, she can be bigger. She almost certainly will be bigger in this heel run. But she's extremely established.
I never said she wasn't popular and established. I'm just saying it's hard to call her a Made women when she has been DENIED having a reign of any decent length. and she's the ONLY horsewomen to not have a WM moment.

For Someone of Sasha's talent that is just criminal.

·
Asuka
96,553 Posts
Why is the Sasha mark arguing that Sasha isn't an established star?
Same reason an Asuka mark would deny she's an established star. They don't believe it.

Edge didn't have the reputation of being a choke artist who couldn't defend their title if their life depended on it like sasha.

His first reign might have been short but he eventually won and seccusefully defended his title. Sasha is yet to do the same. and no one can take a choke artist seriously so Yeah she's not made UNTIL she ends this stupid curse.
Eventually has nothing to do with anything. He lost 3 weeks after he won it, and he was still considered a big deal. And while he did defend it occasionally, Edge was NOTORIOUS for being a "choke artist". He always lost the title immediately after winning it. That was the whole gimmick, he was the "ultimate opportunist". He would win the belt through convoluted horseshit, he'd lose the title to somebody better than him, and then he'd win the belt right back because he took advantage of more convoluted horseshit. Yeah, he defended once or twice but so the hell what? His entire gimmick was that he sucked.

Also, she did defend the tag titles.

·
Registered
8,821 Posts
Sustainability is about desire from the company to keep someone interesting consistently. If they just drop Sasha in and out of the title picture like a bad habit (basically, like they do with everyone not named Alexa or Charlotte) then there is no point.

Charlotte has constant momentum even when she loses because there's always a storyline or match for her even when she's not in the title picture. When they have no marquee options left (like a Trish to pull out of nowhere), they randomly stick her in the title picture. That's dedication.

Sasha was incredibly hot in 2016 and ebbed to very mild reactions by 2018 because they did absolutely nothing with her when she exited the title picture.

It's always been about sustained dedication to a character.

·
3,685 Posts
Same reason an Asuka mark would deny she's an established star. They don't believe it.

Eventually has nothing to do with anything. He lost 3 weeks after he won it, and he was still considered a big deal. And while he did defend it occasionally, Edge was NOTORIOUS for being a "choke artist". He always lost the title immediately after winning it. That was the whole gimmick, he was the "ultimate opportunist". He would win the belt through convoluted horseshit, he'd lose the title to somebody better than him, and then he'd win the belt right back because he took advantage of more convoluted horseshit. Yeah, he defended once or twice but so the hell what? His entire gimmick was that he sucked.

Also, she did defend the tag titles.
Actually No Bayley defended the tag titles for Sasha. Because of course Vince had to do that. I bet these were his actual words "Shit I have to have Bayley/Sasha win this so they can job to the IIconics next month but I can't have Sasha retain her title dammit have Bayley get the win :vince3"

1 - 20 of 53 Posts