Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
672 Posts
I would change my attitude on Charlotte if she in fact chose to face Ripley. I would expect the city to burn if Ripley loses. You could put together a great story between now and mania. I don't see NXT as a lesser show and roster anymore. They're the measuring stick against AEW, and I'd argue a better show all around. SD and Raw seem to be like shows we put up with in the hope of seeing the one star we most enjoy. NXT on the other hand is much easier to watch in it's entirety.

I was talking to a friend of mine tonight and he asked me how the rumble went. I told him the women's BR on NXT a couple weeks back was better than the Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Holy shit, this is awesome. Becky vs. Shayna can be built up entirely on Shayna's issues with Becky. She beat her at Survivor Series and Becky beat Ronda at Mania last year. That's easy to get to. Don't need the Rumble.

Charlotte vs. Rhea is interesting. I would actually have Rhea challenge Charlotte. "You have won every single championship, but one thing you haven't done is beat me." Charlotte says she'll think about it. When she comes back she says "I don't need to beat you, Rhea. But I want to." It's Rhea's need to be the best versus Charlotte's desire to shut down anyone else that tries to be...Charlotte Flair.

Could be an excellent story. I hope that Rhea wins. Charlotte would kind of...tank the program, I think. Rhea winning doesn't hurt Charlotte, but it helps Rhea a lot.

But that's some top level shit. WWE actually trying to bust it out for Mania this year. I'm pleasantly surprised, even though I sort of predicted this, lol.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts
Oh man, imagine the soundbytes from this feud:

"It takes some balls to challenge me, Rhea. But I don't do intergender matches, so I'm going to have to take them and put them in a jar."

"I'm not just after your crown, Charlotte. I'm after your head. In revolutions, queens tend to lose them."

"I'm going to put the woman back into the NXT Women's Championship."

"You cry when you win, you cry when you lose -- but at WrestleMania, you're going to waste all your tears in our match."

·
Registered
231 Posts
Rhea just had a BIG moment at NXT a few weeks ago.

I love Rhea as much as the next person, and that's why I think she should swim in NXT much longer than 2 months from now.

I also can't see Charlotte "stepping down" to NXT full time like Balor did.

Besides, where would a Rhea - Charlotte program leave all the other credible contenders from NXT? That's right, in the dust...

And only do it to have Charlotte put Rhea over? She doesn't really need it at the moment.

I'd maybe say tease it, but hold on to it for next year. It's just too soon.

·
Registered
6,213 Posts

I love Rhea as much as the next person, and that's why I think she should swim in NXT much longer than 2 months from now.

Besides, where would a Rhea - Charlotte program leave all the other credible contenders from NXT? That's right, in the dust...

And only do it to have Charlotte put Rhea over? She doesn't really need it at the moment.

Lol, your picture is actually them together. That's pretty funny.

I see what you're saying, but I don't agree. NXT would get a much more massive rub by having a WrestleMania presence. Bianca Belair ain't taking the belt, lol. After that, you can do other programs. The Takeover the night before could be some sort of multi-woman elimination tag or something, pitting the top heels against the top girls and coming down to Io and Candice or whatever. You can do stuff with the women there and just build the belt around Charlotte and Rhea and its biggest match ever for a while.

·
Nah, I’m your king now.
4,073 Posts
Ehh. They want to make their GOAT look like an idiot by challenging for the NXT title? So be it.

But Becky vs Shayna is disgusting. Outright appalling and shouldn't be anywhere near Wrestlemania. They're gonna stink up the place. Might as well take a shit in the ring.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Anything that avoids Becky vs Charlotte again is fine by me. If true, its great news for Rhea and her fans as that's a very high profile spot, and unless Charlotte plans to hang around NXT long term there's a decent chance she'd retain. It kind of ruins Rhea vs Bianca, but Rhea was probably retaining anyways, it also fucks up whatever the womens title match is at the WM takeover (maybe theres no womens title match on that card now?). Io is injured anyways so the hoped for Io title victory is probably dead, if she even stays with the company.

Becky vs Baszler they can do a great build but forgive me for thinking there's not much hope the match is any good. Watch them put over Baszler and give her a reign of terror on the main roster to match the one she had in NXT

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Becky vs Baszler makes perfect sense off of the Survivor Series ending and Becky beating Ronda at Mania. The narrative for Shayna coming after Becky is revenge. This works off of Becky's "collecting debts" motives which (so far) is code for revenge and avenging losses.

Charlotte/Rhea is a fresher feud for her. As good as the Charlotte/Becky was at its earliest it's played out for now.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts

Rhea's been built up like such a big deal so fast since the Survivor Series build (she pinned Charlotte), that she has to lose to someone "big" in the WWE's mind. I can see Charlotte being the first to beat her (Rhea losing on NXT UK doesn't count). Remember, Charlotte is the momentum stopper. The history of all the hot girls being fed to her is a recurring pattern.

I mean, given Rhea's push I could see them preferring to use it to feed Charlotte's resume (again) instead of using it for someone who could actually benefit from it, like, say, Io Shirai.

I could see Charlotte beating her and then vacating the title the next night on RAW. Or they might send an existing main roster girl who has beaten her before (like say Bayley) back to NXT permanently to beat her before the next draft.

Remember, Charlotte's gimmick is to win big matches and have short title reigns. It would be totally consistent for her to win at Wrestlemania and still lose the title before the draft.

·
Registered
159 Posts
This whole thing is weird. It’s a shame the Becky Charlotte feud has played out already. They are both the top females in all of wrestling and could probably put on the match of a lifetime. (This is Wrestlemania the biggest of the big. The cream of the crop).
Bazler better practice her moves this time and not bore the match like the first time she faced Becky.

I really don’t know if they have thought through all this very well.

·
FOTC
10,333 Posts
It's awesome that Rousey is mentioning facing Rhea and we have news that Charlotte may be challenging Rhea at WM. NXT may be the third brand, but the top Women's Champion may be Rhea Ripley.

·
Registered
129 Posts
This whole thing is weird. It’s a shame the Becky Charlotte feud has played out already. They are both the top females in all of wrestling and could probably put on the match of a lifetime. (This is Wrestlemania the biggest of the big. The cream of the crop).
Bazler better practice her moves this time and not bore the match like the first time she faced Becky.

I really don’t know if they have thought through all this very well.
Had a year to build & plan - women's division low priority despite Becky at one stage being biggest merc seller.

·
Registered
7,471 Posts
Thinking on the post RR RAW, I don't think Ronda is off the table yet. Becky's arrogant promo doesn't seem like the kind of build they'd do for Shayna, who's kind of cooled off lately as a top opponent. It feels a lot more logical to set up Ronda coming back.

And I'm also not convinced that Charlotte won't be involved with that either.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts