Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
She has a responsibiilty to the rest of the women to set the highest upper limit possible, equal to the men.

I could buy it... but I think it's a Heyman shoot storyline in the works.

·
Angry at refs
2,744 Posts
Outside of working with Asuka and her match with Charlotte what "good matches" has she had? Ones that didn't involve Charlotte/Sasha/Asuka. That's not to say Becky is awful. Becky had a largely irrelevant NXT if I remember correctly. I started watching NXT when Sasha and Becky were teammates and the Fatal Four Way was being built, so maybe I am wrong here.

I get it, if you're not Charlotte/Asuka/Bayley/Becky/Sasha, a good match is harder to pull off. With Kairi and a plethora of other talented women following her from NXT eventually getting called up, that will change, but I just never found Becky a compelling wrestler. A good character, sure. I think her "bad ass" act is a bit forced because of how goofy and punny she was prior, but you know, I get it. She looked bad ass with the bloody nose, they ran with it, she aced it. Great.
Read what I said. I didn't say anything related to Becky having good matches, so I'm gonna straight up ignore this post since you obviously ignored me, lol.

·
Registered
3,335 Posts
''Sure, we'll give you the biggest push for a woman ever and make you the face of RAW without knowing if you'll even stick around beyond next year''

Uh huh. Obviously she's working and already re-signed a while ago.
Probably an agreed-up PR strategy to present her as the reason women get paid more in the future.

In 10 years, people will say "remember when Becky held out for a bigger contract? Since then, women have been paid equal to the men" (they won't be, though... not really)

·
Registered
346 Posts
Does anyone REALLY think she won't resign!? It would be the dumbest move ever by her. Of course she is resigning. All those "complains" about her booking are part of the story

·
Registered
133 Posts
Yeah but the Becky of today barely resembles the Becky people got behind over a year ago.
I don't know I liked her back then and I like her now.

What I didn't like was this forced women's revolution feminism political publicly stunt Becky. Of course I will get all called a sexist for this remark, although I liked how WWE purposely sabotaged the entire men's roster just so the women could look good and main event Mania, and I'm not against the women main eventing Mania, it just they sabotaged the entire men's roster for months maybe even a year to make a "statement". I don't know the whole thing was really peculiar to me.

·
FOTC
10,337 Posts
Would WWE be pushing her this hard if she hadn't signed a new deal? She's just playing up this, "The Powers that be" storyline. And because of that we will most likely see Stephanie McMahon involved in Becky's storyline at WM 36.

·
Registered
483 Posts
If Brock makes $8 million a year, Becky should make more than a $1 million who is full-time unlike Brock. Becky Lynch will be on WWE Backstage to either boost ratings or maybe she will mention a contract extension.I don't think it will take long for her to resign a new contract.

·
Registered
409 Posts
If her contract expiring soon is the truth, you'd have to assume that AEW would try to throw a lot of money at her to bring her over but alas it is likely just a work and she'll stay in WWE with her significant other Rollins.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts