Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WWE Raw Women’s champion Becky Lynch has denied the story making the rounds that she has signed a new, five-year deal with WWE worth $1 million per year.

Lynch, who is the most popular female wrestler on the roster at the moment, used Twitter to shoot down the report, writing, “Report not true. Haven’t signed anything new in years. Deal coming up soon.”

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
I ain't buy that crap, this is all setup for her feud against Asuka, she "threatening" WWE to give what she wants and it's Asuka for title match at Rumble.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
Honestly... who cares? She'll re-sign. She'll continue to do poorly in main event WWE matches, and everyone will be happy.
How is it Becky's fault when in 2 of those matches when you give 2 people trying to be hated heels too much offense in? That's clearly on a poorly produced match structure.

·
Southern Pride
2,824 Posts
Becky knows when her actual contract expires and we don't. No point in doubting anything.

Obviously shes not going to leave anyway when shes the most pushed woman on the roster. So theres no point in even talking about her contract status other than to be unreasonably negative.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,658 Posts
How is it Becky's fault when in 2 of those matches when you give 2 people trying to be hated heels too much offense in? That's clearly on a poorly produced match structure.
How is it not Becky's fault? I don't get it. It isn't just Becky's fault mind you, but it is her fault. You're implying now that every good match she has had was chalked up to being produced exceptionally well. Becky is a solid wrestler, but she is far from elite. Becky is average. She is perfect for the WWE, but she is probably around "above average." Perhaps she'd be better with the "training weights" off in another company, but she is WWE for life. So this conversation really doesn't matter.

Anyways, I hate discussing women's wrestling because of the rabid fans so quickly to jump down your throat for disliking somebody, you're not doing that mind you, but I'll inevitably get unwarranted disdain for voicing an opinion.

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
How is it not Becky's fault? I don't get it. It isn't just Becky's fault mind you, but it is her fault. You're implying now that every good match she has had was chalked up to being produced exceptionally well. Becky is a solid wrestler, but she is far from elite. Becky is average. She is perfect for the WWE, but she is probably around "above average." Perhaps she'd be better with the "training weights" off in another company, but she is WWE for life. So this conversation really doesn't matter.

Anyways, I hate discussing women's wrestling because of the rabid fans so quickly to jump down your throat for disliking somebody, you're not doing that mind you, but I'll inevitably get unwarranted disdain for voicing an opinion.
In WWE, they have little input in how the match is put together. The freedom is why guys like Jon Moxley, Luke Harper and Cody love it outside of WWE.

The mania main event is a prime example of bad match structure, storytelling and not reading the room.
People wanted Becky/Ronda, but not the triple threat. They burned the crowd out with the length and working backwards to justify Charlotte in the match. Fans thought the worst thing WWE booked at the time was turn Becky heel. WWE figuratively told them "hold my beer." They did a tonne of damage to Becky's character like make her sell a knee injury for 2 months from a 2ft fall, write her like a bratty child by refusing to see a doctor. Charlotte got added for the dumbest reason. They dragged Becky/Ronda out too long and watered down the pop. The finish hurt it as well because they tried to protect everyone.

Survivor Series failed because of how the match was structured and the show booking. The build was mostly around 2 heels. People wanted to root for NXT, but don't want to root for Shayna Baszler. Crowd's love Becky, but don't want to root for Raw. Raw was also out of the running. All Smackdown could do was tie and no one wanted a tie. The match felt inconsequential because they tried to 50/50/50 it. Shayna got the win, Bayley looked strong in the match, but took the pin and Becky got the last laugh.

TLC failed because of a combination of bad storytelling, agenting and Kairi's injury. Becky got so over by breaking away from Charlotte. Their tag acts have never got over and likely never will. They're just better teaming with other people. Most wanted Kairi and Asuka to win. There were many points when any of them could have won sooner, but they were so focused on getting their shit in.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Please Tony Khan throw a bank vault at this jabroni so I never have to see her again.
Becky still living rent freeing your head after all these years I see :ROFLMAO:

First of all it's a work you mark and second of all why would Becky go to AEW when she's the top woman in all WWE and at the top with the topmen and her future husband is still employed with WWE who's a WWE lifer? How about you don't go out of your way to be negative k..

·
The Empire will Reign again
16,295 Posts
Becky still living rent freeing your head after all these years I see :ROFLMAO:

First of all it's a work you mark and second of all why would Becky go to AEW when she's the top woman in all WWE and at the top with the topmen and her future husband is still employed with WWE who's a WWE lifer? How about you don't go out of your way to be negative k..

What are you babbling about? Shitting on a wrestler I don't like means they live in my head rent free? Doesn't that mean everybody on the internet has somebody living in their head rent free since all the IWC does is bitch about stuff they don't like?

I don't actually think she's going to sign with AEW but I wish she would, I get tired of having to skip all of her segments and occasionally she faces somebody I like, at which point I'm either forced to watch Becky 2 Star or I'm forced to skip somebody I like. If she fucked off to AEW or literally anywhere else, I wouldn't have to deal with this garbage.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,658 Posts
In WWE, they have little input in how the match is put together. The freedom is why guys like Jon Moxley, Luke Harper and Cody love it outside of WWE.

The mania main event is a prime example of bad match structure, storytelling and not reading the room.
People wanted Becky/Ronda, but not the triple threat. They burned the crowd out with the length and working backwards to justify Charlotte in the match. Fans thought the worst thing WWE booked at the time was turn Becky heel. WWE figuratively told them "hold my beer." They did a tonne of damage to Becky's character like make her sell a knee injury for 2 months from a 2ft fall, write her like a bratty child by refusing to see a doctor. Charlotte got added for the dumbest reason. They dragged Becky/Ronda out too long and watered down the pop. The finish hurt it as well because they tried to protect everyone.
Becky/Ronda was probably never the idea, Charlotte vs. Ronda was. They always have the crowd pretty burnt out no matter what. This has nothing to do with Becky Lynch solely. This isn't an excuse, the match could have been way better. It was botchy and overall a very huge letdown in terms of "main event quality" and it was boring. The match structure can be bad, but guys like Daniel Bryan do perfectly well in this system. I get it, she is limited, everybody is limited, in WWE. But when you get the main event spot in WWE, especially when you're with Charlotte and you're the biggest star of that year (Becky was) you have way more freedom. She isn't as restricted as the newer guys coming up, she definitely has pull in her matches.

Survivor Series failed because of how the match was structured and the show booking. The build was mostly around 2 heels. People wanted to root for NXT, but don't want to root for Shayna Baszler. Crowd's love Becky, but don't want to root for Raw. Raw was also out of the running. All Smackdown could do was tie and no one wanted a tie. The match felt inconsequential because they tried to 50/50/50 it. Shayna got the win, Bayley looked strong in the match, but took the pin and Becky got the last laugh.
Again, this has nothing to do with the ring action being plodding and botchy by everyone. Shayna is a bit better in terms of wrestling than Ronda, but you're blaming the show, not defending Becky. The match was inconsequential, I agree. It also damaged Lynch by having her throw a huge hissy fit for seemingly no reason, but that isn't relevant. This match just felt like women need to main event to show how progressive we are in preparation for another tour to Saudi Arabia.

TLC failed because of a combination of bad storytelling, agenting and Kairi's injury. Becky got so over by breaking away from Charlotte. Their tag acts have never got over and likely never will. They're just better teaming with other people. Most wanted Kairi and Asuka to win. There were many points when any of them could have won sooner, but they were so focused on getting their shit in.
Totally forgot about this match, and have actually not seen it in full. All the things I have seen though truly show Becky showcasing her ability to notice when a situation goes bad and adapting. Her and Asuka absolutely stepped up in a huge way, shame on Charlotte for her actions. Outside of Kairi's unfortunate injury this match could have been good, but it wasn't.

All you're doing is showing me that Becky is just another wrestler in WWE. Except her ring work doesn't actually stand out like a few others, such as Asuka and Sasha Banks. So, again, I hope she continues to main event and have subpar matches (whether her fault or not) and her fans absolutely love it, because everybody has a favorite, and it isn't always about being the best wrestler. Everybody wins.

Also, her match with Charlotte is fantastic, and her match with Asuka as well! So don't worry! I'm not just blindly hating.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts