Votes: 12 25.0%
  • Shayna

Votes: 16 33.3%

• Total voters
121 - 140 of 146 Posts

·
Registered
5,914 Posts
After last night, if WWE fans STILL want to try and defend Sasha and Bayley booking, then no. Tonight was everything wrong with how they're booked and it did nothing for either of them

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
After last night, if WWE fans STILL want to try and defend Sasha and Bayley booking, then no. Tonight was everything wrong with how they're booked and it did nothing for either of them
Sasha's was more tolerable since it took 3 people to beat her, but we all knew the only reason they put Bayley in the other match was to keep Becky from taking the pin. I think the fans are starting to grow tired of Becky because there were reports that there was a short Becky sucks chant.
So yeah, the match was boring.

I'm sure people who hate Becky will have a field day with this. Honestly none of the women were that great and at the end of the day this just wasn't the match to main event with no big angle to go with it.
Why do I get the feeling that if the match were great you'd give Becky the credit, but since it was one of the worst matches of the year it's shared blame. I love matches like this because it shows who the true MVP of the 4HW is, and they've been booking her like shit since she returned.

·
Registered
5,787 Posts
Eh? I've been saying this ever since her second reign began. :shrug And I got a lot of shit for it last year too.
It'll be over soon, unless they pull the rug from under Rhea, but that looks unlikely. They basically set up Becky/Shayna for down the road so her days in NXT look numbered.

I'd rather Becky work a long program with Asuka to be honest, I can't see her and Shayna being any good. Like you say, Shayna's matches are the low point of pretty much every Takeover. Io Shirai never winning the belt is a travesty.

·
Registered
8,509 Posts
How soon is soon? Because in WWE's infinite wisdom, there won't be a TakeOver on Rumble weekend (oh, but don't you dare say NXT is just another main roster show now!). We can't wait all the way until April, but as always, there's a good chance we will.

And after last night they better reconsider Becky/Shayna.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
How soon is soon? Because in WWE's infinite wisdom, there won't be a TakeOver on Rumble weekend (oh, but don't you dare say NXT is just another main roster show now!). We can't wait all the way until April, but as always, there's a good chance we will.

And after last night they better reconsider Becky/Shayna.
:nod

·
Registered
945 Posts

Most of the time the Women steal the show when they're NOT in the main event. Stop putting them in these tough spots.
Have to say I disagree with what you are saying here.
The woman deserve the main event spot and I'm sure they can produce in it if given the right circumstances.

That match last night was horrid due to its booking. What a flat finish.

There was nothing on the line. The person who needed the win most ended up submitting.

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,186 Posts
You really want to watch that Becky Shayna WrestleMania match that would follow right after she won the rumble if that happened?
No of course not that's why I said end this failed push. not just in NXT, completely pull the plug on the Shayna project, she is no good.
Eh? I've been saying this ever since her second reign began. :shrug And I got a lot of shit for it last year too.
That's true you (and me) were one of the first ones to complain about this insane push. but most people here accepted it until most recently.

·
No Regrets
417 Posts
After last night, finally and as Jedah and sara sad said, people are realized that Shayna Baszler is not the big deal in NXT and in the main roster she's not ready definitely, she's boring, her promos are not interesting, if the plan is Becky vs Shayna in a long feud fpalm

Becky vs Shayna better be one match at Royal Rumble with Becky winning and that's it, not a long feud and not a Wrestlemania match.

·
Registered
3,140 Posts
Sasha's was more tolerable since it took 3 people to beat her, but we all knew the only reason they put Bayley in the other match was to keep Becky from taking the pin. I think the fans are starting to grow tired of Becky because there were reports that there was a short Becky sucks chant.
Sasha's was worst cuz it's the same shit all over again. Sasha does all the heavy lifting some flavor of the month comes in and steals her glory. At this point her only purpose in matches is to be a red herring and make their golden girl look good. At least with Bayley they told us all this shit in promos and actions as soon as the match was made.

·
Registered
950 Posts
Imagine being given the luxary of a 500+ reign and wrestling some of the best women's wrestlers on the planet. yet only one of them can carry you to a memorable match (Kairi)

This bitch is a FLOP. please have Rhea beat her and end this failed push.
B-B-B-BUT SHES A LEGIT FITEUR!! SHE WAS IN MUH MMA!

·
Premium Member
4,063 Posts
Apart from the match being ok but I think this should have been earlier instead on last. Bayley looked really thicc and hot with that getup she had.

·
Registered
116 Posts
The person who needed the win most ended up submitting.
This is what I'm most pissed about. Dominating in a match doesn't mean shit if you always choke in the end.

Becky is the 'star' while Shayna is in a ~400+ day championship reign right now...neither one of them needed this. Bayley is the one that needed this moment/win but ofc instead she takes the fall, and tapping like a weak ass mf at that. #LAWD ????

What was the purpose of slow burning Bayley into -finally- turning heel if they are just gonna keep her in irrelevant nobody territory?

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,186 Posts
This is what I'm most pissed about. Dominating in a match doesn't mean shit if you always choke in the end.

Becky is the 'star' while Shayna is in a ~400+ day championship reign right now...neither one of them needed this. Bayley is the one that needed this moment/win but ofc instead she takes the fall, and tapping like a weak ass mf at that. #LAWD ????

What was the purpose of slow burning Bayley into -finally- turning heel if they are just gonna keep her in irrelevant nobody territory?
Vince also apparently didn't like this match AT ALL. guess who is gonna get the blame for it? definitely not his precious Becky, and he wants Shayna on the main roster now so it's not her either.

Now watch he is gonna make Bayley drop the title before the year ends to Lacey or Alexa.

·
Registered
2,381 Posts
The booking of the show and making NXT look too strong hurt this match. Raw was completely out of it and was represented by the only face. All Smackdown could hope to do was tie. NXT was so ahead that it made the main event anti-climatic.

Heel vs Heel is flat to most of the audience especially in matches without a lot of stakes. They made Becky an afterthought in the actual match.

It would have been way better if AJ pinned Roddy and Smackdown won the Survivor Series match making it even at 2. This way the main event has more stakes to it and it's a 3 horse race.

·
Registered
6,974 Posts
It was the drizzling shits with no heat at all.

Match quality aside, At the end of the day how much do people really care about this Brand against brand bullshit? If you're going to shove that down people's throats then why the fuck do you have this retarded score situation where one show has no chance to win, the other can only tie with the leader?

I don't watch week to week but have no idea what Bayley's character is now, just a generic negative heel? She was on to something with just the slight change initially to her face character but showing chickenshit heel aspects.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,606 Posts
People only blaming Shayna when Becky was also in that match and she sucked as well, why am I not even surprised? :heston. All 3 women sucked :draper2

121 - 140 of 146 Posts