Wrestling Forum banner

Who Walks out of WrestleMania as the Raw Women's Champion?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
303 Posts
This has nothing to do with my point but ok. She's still holding the division down with this long reign. Anyone would honestly.
She's holding the division down because of her long reign and lousy in-ring work.

You can do promos all day but when you don't deliver when the bright lights are on, it's just a massive flop. No one comes out of a feud with Charlotte's friend looking good. Natalya came back to where she is after the feud, Sasha's heel turn became lackluster, Lacey Evans needed to move to the Bayley feud to become more relevant, and Shayna is just worse off than when she was before this feud.

Charlotte's friend is not a star-maker. There's a reason Charlotte was trusted to feud with Rhea. There's a reason they're keeping Alexa Bliss away from Charlotte's friend. Alexa will eat her alive on the mic.

·
Premium Member
10,227 Posts
They'll keep the belt on Becky until the virus is over because she's good with the media.
I think so too. They want Becky to be/open the first show with the fans for sure.

so as of right night she has charlie Bayley ronda and rhea left and thats it. She went through this divas division so fast that even trips gotta be impressed with this shit
She literally only had 5 unique challengers in one year, I think less than Kofi who held it for 6 month. HHH's 2003 reign of terror had also much more challengers.

They could've built Ruby instead of jobbing her to Shayna.

·
Standing with The Man
6,040 Posts
I see Becky eventually passing it as she will most likely end up breaking Trish's record.
She's needs 85 days almost 3 months to catch Trish. if not for pandemic I'd say she wouldn't reach that, but she's a lot more "marketable" than Shayna from a media standpoint so she'll likely remain champion until this all over likely to a returning Rousey or putting over someone like Rhea Ripley.

The next that's possible record would be Alexa's combined record of 396 for the "Raw" title which is 31 days away.

Becky also leads the way combined with both titles though sitting on 579 with less reigns at 4
Alexa - 505 > 5
Charlotte - 431 > 9

·
Registered
546 Posts
I liked the match. Maybe because I feared worse after the triple threat. But it was really physical and had some cool spots. Somehow Shayna works a lot better in singles matches.

Just too bad they didn't give them more time. Personally I had no issue with the roll up, the story is obviously that Shayna got outsmarted, but it still keeps Shayna strong. Which leads me to believe Shayna is still going to win the title.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
She literally only had 5 unique challengers in one year, I think less than Kofi who held it for 6 month. HHH's 2003 reign of terror had also much more challengers.
Only reason why is because theres not as many quality opponents in the womens division, so they have to stretch the feuds that she does have, otherwise she'd be challenging in the numbers department as well. The Lacey feud was fine, the Natalya feud good for what it was and the Asuka challenge worked for storyline purposes. She legit left sasha laying in a puddle of tears in a match that she lost rendering the hiac match ( which she tapped Sasha out ) pointless and that was when Sasha was returning and hot. Now, ignoring the part where she shook off being bitten, she takes out bad ass Shayna in nine minutes by overcoming Shayna's previously unbreakable finisher.

If she becomes the first champion to defend her belt against a mitb cash in, I would not be shocked.

·
Premium Member
10,227 Posts
Only reason why is because theres not as many quality opponents in the womens division, so they have to stretch the feuds that she does have, otherwise she'd be challenging in the numbers department as well. The Lacey feud was fine, the Natalya feud good for what it was and the Asuka challenge worked for storyline purposes. She legit left sasha laying in a puddle of tears in a match that she lost rendering the hiac match ( which she tapped Sasha out ) pointless and that was when Sasha was returning and hot. Now, ignoring the part where she shook off being bitten, she takes out bad ass Shayna in nine minutes by overcoming Shayna's previously unbreakable finisher.

If she becomes the first champion to defend her belt against a mitb cash in, I would not be shocked.
Kairi and Ember beat Shayna the same way tho. Again, They could have built Ruby but didn't and had Shayna squash her.

I wouldn't be surprised as well if she shook off MITB. Look, Becky is getting John Cena 2007 treatment it seems. I get why people are complaining, but as a fan of hers, and compared to Cena in 2007, I don't see better many better options (in Cena's case there were) and Ronda/Becky keeps getting bigger with each win Becky gets.

and.. I mean she did use a steel chair to beat up Sasha, so yeah she lost the match and Sasha got beaten by a chair, but the HIAC wasn't pointless. Sasha was injured in it and then suddenly she's ok being Bayley's friend on SD.

But you said she through everyone that even Trips would be impressed...nah man.. Trips would go over everyone much more.

Bayley vs Becky should be great now, Bayley has been dominant, probably more than Becky, but underrated because of Becky's popularity. There's a great story in there

·
Smokin' Da Good Stuff
2,199 Posts
Vince aint stacking his money behind shayna so more to come think theres gotta be a new opponent we are least expecting tomorrow... as becky has ran through the division , now who?? Rhea, possibly, IO id die if thst happened as shes just class, id like to see tegan nox get a call up to SD , she has it all and proved that british grit after those two serious knee injuries.

Was an ok match nuttin' to remember, Ronda comes bk tomorrow and we finaĺly get 4hw v 4fw

Peace.

·
Registered
491 Posts
She's holding the division down because of her long reign and lousy in-ring work.

You can do promos all day but when you don't deliver when the bright lights are on, it's just a massive flop. No one comes out of a feud with Charlotte's friend looking good. Natalya came back to where she is after the feud, Sasha's heel turn became lackluster, Lacey Evans needed to move to the Bayley feud to become more relevant, and Shayna is just worse off than when she was before this feud.

Charlotte's friend is not a star-maker. There's a reason Charlotte was trusted to feud with Rhea. There's a reason they're keeping Alexa Bliss away from Charlotte's friend. Alexa will eat her alive on the mic.
Charlotte broke Asuka's streak for no reason, constantly went over Sasha who is a better performer in every regard & now had the hottest females being Bianca & Rhea job to her. Becky status is due to getting over with fans - Charlotte gets looked after because her dad is famous.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Charlotte broke Asuka's streak for no reason, constantly went over Sasha who is a better performer in every regard & now had the hottest females being Bianca & Rhea job to her. Becky status is due to getting over with fans - Charlotte gets looked after because her dad is famous.
Boohoo. Heard this before. Charlotte is only famous because of her dad, yadda yadda. People have been retroactively discrediting Charlotte when she's one of the better performers in the division.

Charlotte broke Asuka's streak because there was no reason to continue that streak. It should have ended in NXT and WWE put themselves in a corner that they can't do anything with it. It was difficult to book Asuka if she continued that streak. The mistake was bringing that streak to the MR.

Sasha being a better performer in every regard is debatable. I am a fan of both, but they both have advantages and disadvantages.

Bianca jobbing to Charlotte? Bianca has never held the NXT Women's Championship even before Charlotte came into the picture. I get the Rhea argument but let's not pretend like Bianca has been booked as a solid top-star even in NXT. She lost to Baszler. She lost to Ripley. To say that jobbing to Charlotte is out of the ordinary given that kind of booking is just dishonest and reeks of selective bias.

As for Charlotte's friend, I don't care. She has held the division hostage without actually delivering anything.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Boohoo. Heard this before. Charlotte is only famous because of her dad, yadda yadda. People have been retroactively discrediting Charlotte when she's one of the better performers in the division.

Charlotte broke Asuka's streak because there was no reason to continue that streak. It should have ended in NXT and WWE put themselves in a corner that they can't do anything with it. It was difficult to book Asuka if she continued that streak. The mistake was bringing that streak to the MR.

Sasha being a better performer in every regard is debatable. I am a fan of both, but they both have advantages and disadvantages.

Bianca jobbing to Charlotte? Bianca has never held the NXT Women's Championship even before Charlotte came into the picture. I get the Rhea argument but let's not pretend like Bianca has been booked as a solid top-star even in NXT. She lost to Baszler. She lost to Ripley. To say that jobbing to Charlotte is out of the ordinary given that kind of booking is just dishonest and reeks of selective bias.

As for Charlotte's friend, I don't care. She has held the division hostage without actually delivering anything.
Because Asuka needed to lose ( not sure about that) doesn't mean Charlotte needed the win. That could have created somebody else.
Charlotte was also shoe horned into WM ME for no good reason. Certainly the fans didn't want it - 73,000 dislikes the most for wwe YouTube clip in 2019.
Charlotte also got Trish's singles return while top female Becky faced jobber Nattie.
Now Charlotte's jobbing out nxt wrestlers before they even get to main roster.
Charlotte holding division back - at least people want to see Becky.

·
Registered
4,437 Posts
All that time in NXT suffering Shayna's reign as a fan turned out to be for fucking nothing because she got beaten by a fucking roll up. Dominated the cell match, roll up. This never-ending monster reign. Roll up. At least Rhea got the rub CORRECTLY of beating her. Until Rhea got beaten by Flair... UGH.

This is killing Asuka all over again. But at least I loved Asuka's reign.

·
Registered
303 Posts
Because Asuka needed to lose ( not sure about that) doesn't mean Charlotte needed the win. That could have created somebody else.
Charlotte was also shoe horned into WM ME for no good reason. Certainly the fans didn't want it - 73,000 dislikes the most for wwe YouTube clip in 2019.
Charlotte also got Trish's singles return while top female Becky faced jobber Nattie.
Now Charlotte's jobbing out nxt wrestlers before they even get to main roster.
Charlotte holding division back - at least people want to see Becky.
Uhm, no. Asuka basically dominated the Raw women's division that time which was why she was booked to challenge for the Smackdown title upon winning the Royal Rumble. A lot of people say Ember should have ended that streak in NXT. If Asuka's streak continued beyond Wrestlemania 34, there are only a few women on Smackdown so everyone would essentially be fed to her until Wrestlemania 35. That doesn't make sense. That's predictable. Losing to a top star on kayfabe is fine. What happened afterwards (losing twice to Carmella) turned her into a complete joke.

You mean the beatdown in SS2018 didn't happen? I always hear that from the fans of Charlotte's friend. Charlotte had more reason to feud with Ronda than Charlotte's friend ever had. Apart from their SS promo, what exactly happened between Ronda and Charlotte's friend that essentially put them in a 'feud?' TLC? Charlotte was also there. Charlotte's friend lost to Asuka earlier in RR2019 so shouldn't she go after Asuka again? How about Nia Jax, the one who actually injured her? Choosing Ronda didn't make sense. Charlotte's friend had less reason to be in that feud.

Trish chose Charlotte. I know, I know, it hurts fans of Charlotte's friend that legends actually prefer Charlotte but it isn't Charlotte's fault that no one wants to have a match with a lousy in-ring performer.

Tell you what, go on Twitter, tell Charlotte's friend to improve in-ring and maybe that would be a better use of your time. Diminishing Charlotte in order to make Charlotte's friend look good isn't really doing you any wonders.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts