Wrestling Forum banner

Who Walks out of Clash of Champions with the Raw Women's Championship?

• Becky Lynch

Votes: 14 48.3%
  • Sasha Banks

Votes: 15 51.7%

• Total voters
21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
This feud should be hot yet WWE fucked it up.

Past two weeks on raw have basically been about Bayley's heel turn. Regardless of what happens sunday, this has been a shit feud so far.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I'm betting Bayley is going to interfere in this match, and cost Sasha the title. Plus Charlotte will show up. Either that, or Becky gets a pinfall. If Sasha wins I'll be surprised.

·
The Babyface of WF
11,633 Posts
Sasha Banks needs to win.
Actually this Sunday she doesn't need to win, I'd prefer she further established her newfound development as a Heel by only losing to a DQ decision or having a no contest, An early payoff is not necessary until HIAC.

A more focused hungry Sasha Banks is better off than a cliche "I just came back and immediately won the title" type it just feels so rushed and anti climatic.

She will get her win just hopefully not too soon.

·
Registered
96 Posts
So, right up until Becky sent those tweets out about Bayley yesterday I was sure there would be a screwy finish and Sasha would not leave with the belt, now with Becky saying Bayely's betrayal, legit hurt her and shes coming for Bayley, I think Sasha may win this clean, and depending on how they work the story, Becky is coming for Bayley to have the match with the real emotional stakes. The story these last to weeks has been Bayely's heel turn, Sasha has pointedly not made it personal between the two of them, as far as she's concerned, though she did tell Becky if she wanted it to be personal she could make it such, then Bayley turned on Becky. If the rumors are true about Becky moving back to SD then this is a good way to do it, put her successor on RAW over, and get her massive heat for taking the first clean win over Becky since Auska, not only from Becky fans but those who believe the rumors about the Mania weekend are true and we can get what could be a compelling story between Becky and Bayley, they if they so choose could even protect Bayley from her second tap out to Becky by saying shes not the Bayley Becky wants to fight.

I don't know I could be off my rocker here, but they have been hinting at the Bayley turn since the RAW after Mania, this seems to be a pretty well thought out story and even Charlotte seems very secondary to whats actually happening with Bayley right now, I could be totally wrong, but there is just some stuff about the final build up for Bayley/Charlotte that is weird to me, and Becky's tweets have sent me in this direction. So calling my shot Sasha wins clean.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
I don't know about some of the story directions for Becky leading up to it. Becky suddenly being all emotionally hurt over Bayley - someone that she has minimal interaction with is kinda dumb. The turn is unexpected, but it's a hollow out if they do a title change.

Becky's character has always more interesting on her own, yet here we are repeating the worst parts of the Lasskicker.

·
Registered
96 Posts
They did keep it low-key, but Becky is pretty good with facial expressions and she lit up every time she saw Bayley, and while I would not bet my life on it some photos from the crowd after the turn, from what I could tell, she looked more sad then enraged. Not advocating her being all sobbing about it, but I would think she shows just a bit of vulnerability, they do have to be a bit careful granted, but Becky is bulletproof right now, and frankly a feud with her does a hell of a lot for Bayley, more so then a prolonged feud with Charlotte.

I don't know if they do it I think it could work if the story is right, there probably is only so many times you can tell the "I am the man coming to collect my receipts, though this potential rout still provides for that as well.

·
Registered
2,433 Posts
They did keep it low-key, but Becky is pretty good with facial expressions and she lit up every time she saw Bayley, and while I would not bet my life on it some photos from the crowd after the turn, from what I could tell, she looked more sad then enraged. Not advocating her being all sobbing about it, but I would think she shows just a bit of vulnerability, they do have to be a bit careful granted, but Becky is bulletproof right now, and frankly a feud with her does a hell of a lot for Bayley, more so then a prolonged feud with Charlotte.

I don't know if they do it I think it could work if the story is right, there probably is only so many times you can tell the "I am the man coming to collect my receipts, though this potential rout still provides for that as well.
Becky showed more emotional vulnerability to someone she is rarely around compared to a woman she has known for over 10 years and a woman she has been extremely close to and off of betrayal number 5. Becky should be out for herself and trust no one since Ronda. The story logic in this feud is ridiculous.

No one is truly bulletproof, not even Roman. Everyone that has feuded with Becky has benefited.

That's just the basic premise and not the entire story. They haven't even scratched the surface of what they could do with Becky's character. I've said it before, fighting champion is where Becky's character is at its weakest. It's also when it is the least entertaining.

She should be hunted by the entire locker room, but shouldn't trust or befriend anyone. In her second reign she was an anything to win champ. She was tactical and opportunistic, applying mind games and hit & run tactics. She was also really paranoid.

They just were doing the lazy and dated "you used to be my friend" story to build conflict.

·
Registered
808 Posts
Sorry guys, but I think Sasha wins here. It is just about obvious that Becky is moving to SD as she is featured on the promos. Plus, she will need an opponent on SD meaning Charlotte will more than likely remain on SD as well. That leaves Sasha to have to carry RAW and to do so, they will need her to pick up a win here and more than likely at HIAC over Becky to make her strong. Who they put on RAW to challenge Sasha is unknown, but we shall see.

·
Registered
3,580 Posts
I think/hope they’re building to a 4 horsewoman WM

If so, heel Sasha wins like heel Becky did last year

·
Registered
23,418 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
This match either needs to end in a screwy finish or a Sasha win, clean or dirty.

If Becky just beats Sasha straight up with the Dis-Arm-Her or whatever else, you immediately put Sasha into a hole that she'll have to climb out of.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,811 Posts
DQ the right call for Sasha/Becky?

What do you guys think? Was it the right call or should Sasha have won the gold right away? I like the call. I think it would make more of a statement to have Becky lose clean inside HIAC where anything goes. And tonight was the perfect set up. It's gonna blow seeing Becky losing the gold but Sasha needs it more right now.

·
It me.
13,505 Posts
Re: DQ the right call for Sasha/Becky?

I would've been fine with them having had Becky retain non-entirely-clean, followed by Sasha cheating to win next PPV, etc.

So, this works for me.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
Re: DQ the right call for Sasha/Becky?

DQ finish was fine it was how the finish ended that was what the fuck. Not hyperbole when I say I have never seen a match where an unconscious ref dqed somebody. Just have the ref ring the bell and go through the same sequence of events. That being said, the dq added a lot more heat to the rematch as we saw two people hit each other with everything they got and neither person would stay down. Anything less than the cell for the rematch is unsatisfactory.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts