Wrestling Forum banner

Who will be victorious this time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
197 Posts
It's sad how Asuka will either get bumped off the card or lose again at WM because people want to see Becky face an ex-MMA personality have a match two years in a row. Fuck rest of the women's roster, right?

·
Registered
345 Posts
It's sad how Asuka will either get bumped off the card or lose again at WM because people want to see Becky face an ex-MMA personality have a match two years in a row. Fuck rest of the women's roster, right?
The thing with Asuka is that she is already one of the tag champs. This is what is holding her up from getting the big belt back. I personally love Ember Moon and I would love to see her main event WM. But I know it's like 0% chances for this year

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Love Asuka but i have 0 interest in this match.

Asuka is just here to be a stopgap and after sunday she will nearly never appear on TV.

·
Registered
217 Posts
This seems like babyface by the numbers booking. Reminds me of Cena/Umaga. You can build the heel up as a monster all you want but there will only be one obvious winner.

·
Registered
217 Posts
I hope not but i can see them putting this match on last, especially if Ronda is returning. It will telegraph it and thats what they like to do.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I hope not but i can see them putting this match on last, especially if Ronda is returning. It will telegraph it and thats what they like to do.
I really don't think this is gonna happen. One of the 2 Rumble will be the closer and it should be men's match

·
Custom User Title
6,306 Posts
Becky has tried constantly to put Asuka over as a threat, but WWE creative has done the opposite, which is a damn shame.

·
Premium Member
16,592 Posts
Not a great match. I was up for either winning. But, it spent a lot of time on the camera side ropes. All the big spots felt scaled down. Becky's suplex into a face bump on the outside was rough, but perfectly done.

Kairi...did nothing. Kind of a waste for her to be there. I don't know. It wasn't bad, but just didn't deliver for me.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
Annoyed that they were put in the death spot after the Fiend killed the crowd. It wasn't better than the 1st match, but it wasn't supposed to be. Becky was used to build the crowd momentum for the Men's Royal Rumble.

·
Registered
2,770 Posts
Annoyed that they were put in the death spot after the Fiend killed the crowd. It wasn't better than the 1st match, but it wasn't supposed to be. Becky was used to build the crowd momentum for the Men's Royal Rumble.
That's the excuse for not supposed to be as good? What actually prevented them? Come on, what happened to the natural gelling the two had last year? Becky looked more competitive then because the matwork felt much more organic.

I already pretty much knew who'd won, but at least give me something to eclipse what was done before.

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
It's not all about death spot, every wrestling fans already know Becky will win the match, WWE already spoiled it during the buildup on RAW.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,492 Posts
The thing is they didn't fail tonight on putting on a good match despite the card placement, They opened up the RR last year and tore it down yet tonight's match didn't it wasn't dictated by anything it was still as good as I'd thought it would be.

No botches, Strong Pacing and flow structure, Good feeling out process at the start, They genuinely treated it as more realistic than just forgetting how emotional the build had been before the match by turning it into a random spotfest and just phoning it in.

I'm torn between the two RR matches they had overall but outside of match card placement they both delivered to me so I won't bother rating one over the other i guess it comes down to whether you preferred Asuka winning last year or Becky tonight.

·
Registered
2,294 Posts
That's the excuse for not supposed to be as good? What actually prevented them? Come on, what happened to the natural gelling the two had last year? Becky looked more competitive then because the matwork felt much more organic.

I already pretty much knew who'd won, but at least give me something to eclipse what was done before.
Or I actually pay attention and apply common sense. The Fiend beating Bryan is designed to cool the crowd to make sure that the main event is hot. It was designed to hit a somber note, which makes it hard to get the momentum back and more.

A horror and videogame equivalent of what they did would be a beloved character being killed off.

·
Registered
7,478 Posts

This was more of a standard heel vs face WWE match. Heel dominates, babyface makes comeback at end and wins. You know the playbook. Last year was a face v face match which often leads to more competitive bouts. But since they are so rare, we never see them that much.

It wasn't a bad match at all. Quite good for the type of match it was. But you are STILL expecting NXT or NJPW out of the WWE main roster and by this point it's a futile expectation to do so.

Last year's match was utterly unique and wasn't bound by the same WWE rules of match design, so they were able to put on a more un-WWE like wrestling match.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts