Who will be victorious this time?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Mamba Mentality
25,251 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Becky Lynch has made no secret that her status as WWE’s “golden goose” was what prevented the higher-ups from granting her a match with Asuka. Ironically, it’s that same status that ended up getting her the bout after all. With her contract coming up, Lynch opted for some hardball tactics, forcing management to grant her a bout with The Empress of Tomorrow as a precondition for any negotiations.

Lo and behold, that bit of bargaining did the trick, and Lynch will defend her title against Asuka at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in a bout she needs to balance out her win-loss record as well as the last remaining bit of self-doubt in her soul. Of course, Asuka submitted Lynch at the 2019 Royal Rumble event, and even with a history-making run between then and now, Becky admittedly isn’t any more confident that she can overcome her last looming loss. But as she said on Raw, she’s planning on wiping that record clean, even if it kills her.

·
Registered
512 Posts
This could go either way, I would have to say this is the most unpredictable rematch cause if Asuka wins then I could see Ronda Rousey winning the Women's Rumble leading to the money showdown between those two at Wrestlemania 36 then Becky/Shayna. Looks like Becky Lynch will win this then await the winner of the Women's Royal Rumble match in Tampa

·
Registered
2,889 Posts
The story look simple for me,this is more like to establish Becky as the unstoppable women(perhaps heel turn),she already beat every women in main roster and no one is left for her and she will leave because there's no challenge anymore for her. I assume someone will come to her and say she didn't beat anyone, big possibility is Shayna,I want put Nia due the falcon punch incident but Becky already beat her on traditional tag team match at SS 2016.

·
Registered
3,226 Posts
Only thing I care about is I'm expecting a great (not good) match. Females need to have a great one after the clunkers we've had these past two ppvs

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Not only Becky is gonna win, she will make Asuka tap out to avenge last years PPV lost. That match against Asuka was the last time Becky lost a match in clean fashion, signaling the end of her heel character.

Asuka is just part of the tag team division now so it's logical that the company wants to give Becky her win back, Becky's real challenges are on NXT (Bazler, Ripley, Shirai) or have not yet returned (Ronda), and at least one more defense Becky will have until WM 36, my bet is Kairi Sane as the Elimination Chamber contender.

Last year they opened the Royal Rumble PPV and if the company is smart they should do it again, last year even a AJ Styles/Daniel Bryan match got ruined because it was placed between both RR matches and the crowd was burned out.

·
\m/
23,702 Posts
Bex retaining her as it should be. Liking the build to the match so far and expecting a very good match from them at the Rumble.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Like others have said, I think this match is just so Becky can avenge her loss to Asuka and to make Becky look strong going into Mania.

·
Registered
7,000 Posts
Yeah of course Becky is winning, the only question is how will the finish go. Or.... could someone interfere and cause a DQ?

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Raw Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Asuka: The story of Lynch's self-doubt being largely linked to her inability to overcome Asuka when the two have clashed led Lynch to the rare role of a champion seeking out a match from the challenger. Now, she'll get a chance to earn the retribution she seeks when this much-anticipated rematch occurs in Houston.

Isnt it funny for WM35 I said Asuka should challenge Charlotte Flair to avenge her loss and broken streak.

Someone then told me "Thats stupid. Asuka is the champion why would she challange Charlotte for her own title."

And yet here we are with Becky going agaisnt Asuka to avenge her loss even willing to put her title on the line to get this match

·
Registered
4,380 Posts
Raw Women's Championship -- Becky Lynch (c) vs. Asuka: The story of Lynch's self-doubt being largely linked to her inability to overcome Asuka when the two have clashed led Lynch to the rare role of a champion seeking out a match from the challenger. Now, she'll get a chance to earn the retribution she seeks when this much-anticipated rematch occurs in Houston.

Isnt it funny for WM35 I said Asuka should challenge Charlotte Flair to avenge her loss and broken streak.

Someone then told me "Thats stupid. Asuka is the champion why would she challange Charlotte for her own title."

And yet here we are with Becky going agaisnt Asuka to avenge her loss even willing to put her title on the line to get this match

There is no logic in WWE storylines.

Just remember that last year Batista / Triple H match was built around the fact that "Triple H could never defeat Batista" which was true the absurd thing of all was that Batista was the one who asked for the match, so Batista attacked Ric Flair because he wanted to proved that Triple H could defeat him.........why would anyone do that?

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,785 Posts
Becky's real challenges are on NXT (Bazler, Ripley, Shirai) or have not yet returned (Ronda), and at least one more defense Becky will have until WM 36, my bet is Kairi Sane as the Elimination Chamber contender.
Sorry, but I don`t get the "real" challengers thing here:
  • Shirai was never mentioned by Becky and they had nothing to do with each other. Shirai is at NXT and had not even one NXT/WWE title or something. Kayfabewise she is far away from challenging Becky.
  • Ripley is NXT champion now and at least she met Becky in NXT. She will be a future challenger maybe, but here I alse so no reason to force that. She should do a good reign in NXT. Far from being a "real challenger", sorry.
  • Baszler was in that silly Surv.Series storyline, that`s it. She pinned Bayley, while Becky was outside. But she lost her NXT title meanwhile, so I don`t see her being a real challenger for RAW title. At best, put her at the SD title, because she bet Bayley. I know, that some people here are obsessed with Baszler vs. Lynch at WM, but that is nothing which has to happen for every price and casual people want to see for their lifes.
  • Ronda was already beaten by Becky. One could build up a rematch ofc.
There is no logic in WWE storylines.
True.

Asuka is just part of the tag team division now so it's logical that the company wants to give Becky her win back,
Huh? ;)

·
Registered
606 Posts
Becky's Conor McGregor gimmick is getting old, also that weird gasp of air she takes at the end of every sentence is annoying. I hope Asuka wins but she won't
You do know that they are pretty much the same age and grew up about 5 miles away from each other, right? McGregor's "gimmick" is that he's a loud mouth Dubliner. Nothing original about him.

Sent from my SM-G531F using Tapatalk

1 - 20 of 39 Posts