Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts
Did you forget that Becky put Asuka over at last years Royal Rumble? Also been putting her over for months and losing to her in matches? Cause a lot of people haven't forgotten.
She didn't even lose to Asuka when it was a handicap match though. She's never once actually put Asuka over since the Royal Rumble match.

That match at the Rumble was the last time Becky actually put anyone over, no one ever looks good facing Becky as she just steamrolls through everyone. Sasha Banks is the perfect example, all the momentum and the buzz in the World when she returned. She was heel again finally, and was more over than Becky, more interesting and had more people wanting her as Champ. But no, status quo has to remain and Becky won and has since done absolutely nothing remotely interesting as Champion while Sasha has been returned to sidekick/jobber status.

Recent segments showcase this issue too. Becky lays out Asuka with one punch, and thats it. When Asuka 'green mists' Becky, then Becky has to get her momentum back immediately with a promo instead of just making the segment about putting Asuka over.

I was happy to see Becky getting a big push, but very quickly she just became another overbearing unstoppable WWE super babyface that can never lose and never put anyone over.

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
Smart talent wants others to be elevated because then they will have more people to face, having people squash the roster doesn't help anyone, and for a long time the women's division has been the Flair and Becky show.

·
Registered
2,871 Posts
I'm not big fan of Becky but I can see she look sick with her current direction,sure,she finally accomplish the biggest achievement of her career as wrestler and now she's almost everywhere but I'm sure she rather walk without belt for a while and do something better without it.

·
Registered
610 Posts
For feck sake! Why do they do this? Becky talking about the character she's feuding with in terms of booking just kills the heat. Stop talking about the booking. It adds nothing. If anything, it just subtracts from it.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,206 Posts
This bitch is delusional, you can't elevate somebody 10x more talented than you.
Becky actually meant to raise and elevate Asuka status in the company after 2 years of momentum lost. Not in the ring in which everyone and her knows Asuka is better.

·
Premium Member
9,817 Posts
Asuka fans should worship the ground Becky walks on. Stop being crybabies and actually appreciate the fact Becky built her up. She's been doing that for MONTHS, since The Miz TV with Charlotte in October. Can you imagine another FOTC building their opponent up the same way as that? She could have no sold the shit out of her and buried her deep.

That match at the Rumble was the last time Becky actually put anyone over, no one ever looks good facing Becky as she just steamrolls through everyone. Sasha Banks is the perfect example, all the momentum and the buzz in the World when she returned. She was heel again finally, and was more over than Becky, more interesting and had more people wanting her as Champ. But no, status quo has to remain and Becky won and has since done absolutely nothing remotely interesting as Champion while Sasha has been returned to sidekick/jobber status.
revisioned History. She wasn't half as over as Becky by her 2nd week of return.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts
Asuka fans should worship the ground Becky walks on. Stop being crybabies and actually appreciate the fact Becky built her up. She's been doing that for MONTHS, since The Miz TV with Charlotte in October. Can you imagine another FOTC building their opponent up the same way as that? She could have no sold the shit out of her and buried her deep.

revisioned History. She wasn't half as over as Becky by her 2nd week of return.
Sasha was definitely 'hotter' than Becky. Lets not pretend the Mania feud and match itself, coupled with the Lacey feud (and was there a Natalya feud in there as well?) hadn't cooled Becky down a bit. Yeah Sasha started to lose some steam/momentum after their first match where Becky whupped her but those two things go hand in hand. But Sasha was the hotter act at the time, but WWE did as they always did and went with the played out, boring status quo.

How has Becky built Asuka back up? And its not like anyone actually thinks Asuka has even the slightest chance of actually going over Becky.

Becky NEEDS to just drop the Title and get a new direction for her character besides just generic Superhero WWE Babyface that never loses.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
The timing doesn't work for it right now because it's so close to mania. It's not setting up Asuka to truly run shit because if she won this close to mania, her run would be transitional.

·
Bury me one foot for every inch of heel she's wear
2,392 Posts
I can't believe I'm advocating Asuka winning despite me only liking Becky.

·
Asuka
96,501 Posts
In usual WWE fashion, the "monster" taps out to the actual star like they're a complete loser who has no business in a wrestling ring.

I can't wait to not see the rest of her year as she spends it off tv.

·
FOTC
10,486 Posts
A Monster or A Green Goof?

Now she wants to be The Greatest of All Time. I guess she would have to reach for that goal since she's received super hero booking for one full year.

21 - 37 of 37 Posts