Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
\m/
24,015 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“She had this phenomenal run in NXT, she was booked to win 90% of her matches. Then, last year at WrestleMania, she got the rug pulled from under her. I felt bad for her. I know what it's like to be in that position. I want to make her a monster”

High praise to Asuka from Becky. You can see that Becky is a team player and has lots of respect for Asuka. Really looking forward to their match this Sunday.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,782 Posts
I was looking forward to her being on the show. I love how real the whole Backstage thing is. Great interview from Becky as always. I like the way she spoke so highly of Asuka. She's done her best with this feud and the scripted material WWE has given her to make Asuka come off as "a monster".

CM Punk couldn't have put it any better when he said that WWE "dumped cold water" on her. They ruined her road to WM against Rousey and feuded her with Lacey Evans after. That's the definition of dumping cold water on something that's scolding hot. But The Man has still been able to remain over all this time. Charisma at its finest.

Punk also spoke highly of the Becky bloody nose segment, comparing it to Austin's bloody face in the Sharpshooter and Punk's pipebomb as far as it being the definitive moment of her career. That night made her what she is now more than the night she turned heel on Charlotte.

Good stuff. I hope they can get Bray Wyatt on the show next. Having him come on there to get real and unscripted about his return and the Fiend character would be a great interview to see as well. "What made him come up with the character? What were your frustrations in your previous run? What d you think about the way you are booked right now?" Those are all questions I want to hear answered from Bray himself.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
7,782 Posts
She's doing a shitty job of it so far.. Asuka has looked incredibly weak against Becky, especially when Asuka got knocked out with 1 weak ass jab.
She doesn't control the booking. Plus it was a sucker punch. Anyone would go down to that. She did the same thing to Charlotte on the road to WM last year.

All she can control is the way she sells the material she's given. She sold the green mist very well and she does well with the promo material in making Asuka look like a real threat. Asuka has gotten the better of Becky overall in this feud.

·
Let's talk about six, baby.
8,365 Posts
''So I can look stronger when I beat her''

Failed at that anyway. She's a typical chickenshit heel. Not that Becky can do anything about the booking.

·
Registered
3,058 Posts
If she want trying to make Asuka as monster or she have own liberty for her booking,then this match won't happen at Rumble but it suppose happen at Mania

·
Registered
2,937 Posts
Good for Becky. I hope she is successful. Auska and Becky both have the ability to make it work out way. The real question is will WWE let them?

·
The Babyface of WF
11,617 Posts
Becky has to make Asuka look threatening in order to close her redemption angle with her it takes away Becky's credibility if she can just beat Asuka and be done with it, This would make her loss last year look like a fluke when it wasn't.

The booking of making Asuka look dominant is non existent when Becky isn't on the receiving end every week.

·
Registered
159 Posts
In my personal opinion. This match needs to be downright epic. It can’t get stale. And down to the wire Asuka has to somehow pull out a win.

Becky needs to sit there looking confused and demoralized. Have Asuka beat Charlotte next in a tense match etc.

Becky vs Asuka at Wrestlemania. Once Asuka truly looks like this unbeatable monster.

For some reason I feel like at the end of the day WWE is slowly working toward an ultimate Becky vs Charlotte match at Wrestlemania.... they are the two best women. But been there done that right?

·
Southern Pride
3,206 Posts
If it wasn't for the fact that I hate it when wrestlers play hot potato with the title, I wouldn't mind Asuka beating Becky this weekend so that there is a recent victory of Asuka over Becky and then they have a match again at some point within the next several weeks or months for Becky to beat her.

It just builds up Asuka even more, even though I know that this match is based off of past history. If the belt wasn't in play then I would be all for that scenario.

...but yes, Becky doesn't book herself. Nor does Charlotte and others. Just like I try not to be too harsh on Brock because it's ultimately WWEs choice on him being an absent Champ.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,246 Posts
Becky wants to make Asuka a 'Monster', well then the best way to do that would be to actually put her over. Something Becky hasn't done in forever. Everyone comes out of a Becky feud looking like shit thesedays because she just rolls right through everyone.

·
FOTC
10,632 Posts
Its a nice sentiment but Asuka is just a stopgap RR opponent right now, talk is cheap
Becky has a lot of respect for Asuka, so there is a chance she might be lobbying for Asuka to beat her. Becky doesn't control her booking, but she probably has a say in her character. "Debt Collecting" and "The Man coming around" are definitely things she came up with.

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,284 Posts
Becky wants to make Asuka a 'Monster', well then the best way to do that would be to actually put her over. Something Becky hasn't done in forever. Everyone comes out of a Becky feud looking like shit thesedays because she just rolls right through everyone.
Did you forget that Becky put Asuka over at last years Royal Rumble? Also been putting her over for months and losing to her in matches? Cause a lot of people haven't forgotten.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts