Wrestling Forum banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
\m/
22,620 Posts
To all the people who is saying this is in character, since when is Beckys character a feminazi troll?

I know why u folks are in denial. You know those comments are obnoxious. But in ur minds becky is a sweet humble girl, who would never say such a thing.

Sorry to disillusion you folks but in real life she is a hardcore feminazi who dates bad boys/ jerks like Rollins. She ain't the sweet pie u want her to be.
Your whole take on this is so bad/contrived that even Balor is laughing at it...

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,052 Posts
Most of her comments are usually in character. In regards to the OP though.

1. She wants to get paid more than Vince McMahon to break down 'gender stereotypes'
This seems more like a joke then an actual answer. I'd put that down to being in character.

2. She is irritated by Jon Jones wanting to join WWE and says she will 'show him the ropes' if he respects the business.
It's not uncommon for a wrestler to be protective of the business. They obviously want to emphasis that wrestling is tough too and not just anyone can do it. She probably figures that Jon Jones thinks it will be a walk in the park. But she also said that if he respects the business it would be ok, so I would say her comments are more about respecting the industry and not just taking advantage.

3. She doesn't want Simone Johnson to use The People's Elbow or anything that got other people over even though Becky beat Asuka using the Rock Bottom.
The thing about Simone Johnson is that her father is The Rock. It's going to be a rough ride for Simone because wrestling fans will ultimately be thinking that nepotism will play a factor in her WWE career just like it has for a lot of generation wrestlers. It doesn't help that her father is one of the most well known wrestlers in the world. I can see where Becky is coming from with her comments about Simone using her father's signature moves because it would look like she riding on her father's coattails a little. Becky using the Rock Botton on Asuka was more of a homage to The Rock who has previously praise Becky and even shared that segment with her on Smackdown anniversary. Even then, she usually does it in jest. Just like how she used the Stone Cold Stunner on Austin.

4. She wants NXT not to use the word Women's in the NXT title.
I guess with the way things are in the wrestling world today. Calling titles women's title kind've seems redundant when you consider how a woman now holds the World title in Impact Wrestling and a transgender holds the AEW women's title. Her comments were probably to emphasis that gender no longer seems to apply in wrestling.

·
Registered
39 Posts
It's likely a work however I've said it before and I will say it again, Becky has way overachieved considering how average she is. Her promos are cringe worthy half the time, her matches are never anything special and personally I don't think she suits her gimmick at all, way too over the top and doesn't suit her. Fair play to her though, she does get reactions but I don't think she's as good as people make out or her push deserves. She's not bad either, she's just very average.

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a feeling that they may be making her Character more and more delusional to the point where she’s turns heel while thinking she’s doing nothing wrong only for Ronda Rousey to return and put her in her place. Crazy theory I know.

·
NO SPIN ZONE
594 Posts
She being full of herself made her over, that said my problem that a character like that needs top mic work instead of memes and AWFUL delivery.
To be fair, she is A LOT better than she used to be.

Still could be better, but she's by far one of the best women on the mic -- even if that is not saying much.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
2,645 Posts
This thread is bizarre. :D

·
Registered
108 Posts
I think Becky being cocky/ full of herself is not really the problem. The problem is that her character/promo work has sucked for a while now, so her acting like a god while producing shitty work seems like a joke to so many here. Becky was great when she first turned on Charlotte, up until Wrestlemania or slightly after then, but she hasn't done anything entertaining for a while now. A lot of that comes down to booking, and Becky has certainly shown that she can be very entertaining at times, but when she has been sucking for a while on tv, cutting lame boring promos, people are not gonna buy into the "I'm a god. I'm the man. I'm the GOAT" thing anymore and you can't blame the fans for that. Sure, there are those that never cared for her because she's a whaman, but those people are the minority I think. Most just see that she isn't being 1/10th as entertaining as The Man character once was.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Becky is the sweetest person in real life so outside of her character she's not some smug asshole who will say shit like this. Becky, more than most always tows the line between real and kayfabe, many things she says is her trolling and keeping consistent with her character. Have people started watching her 2 months ago? She's been a cocky asshole for a year and a half almost. tl;dr, Becky is in character when she says stuff like this, don't actually believe she 's being 100% genuine. Sam Roberts even said this after an interview she did with him, she's great of balancing being real and being in character during an interview.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
I think Becky being cocky/ full of herself is not really the problem. The problem is that her character/promo work has sucked for a while now, so her acting like a god while producing shitty work seems like a joke to so many here. Becky was great when she first turned on Charlotte, up until Wrestlemania or slightly after then, but she hasn't done anything entertaining for a while now. A lot of that comes down to booking, and Becky has certainly shown that she can be very entertaining at times, but when she has been sucking for a while on tv, cutting lame boring promos, people are not gonna buy into the "I'm a god. I'm the man. I'm the GOAT" thing anymore and you can't blame the fans for that. Sure, there are those that never cared for her because she's a whaman, but those people are the minority I think. Most just see that she isn't being 1/10th as entertaining as The Man character once was.
She just isn’t any good as a babyface playing this character. It’s a great heel persona. An undersized, not very athletic, non-MMA type walking around, talking, and acting like they’re a legit bad ass. When you go face and all of the sudden that persona is supposed to be taken seriously it’s just not going to work. Especially when you have other people on the roster that have the size, look, and presence to actually pull it off.

41 - 55 of 55 Posts