Wrestling Forum banner

81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
8,709 Posts
I for one would welcome both back. Both of them exude a sense of real toughness, in Ronda's case you know it's real and that's a plus.

You'd be mad not to bring back Ronda as a heel. Becky as her same anti-hero top face, but please let's drop that 'The Man' moniker.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
It needs her star-power big time. That's the only problem, haha.
I'm not disagreeing with that but I have found the division just as if not more entertaining without her around. I also see an unfortunate case of logjam on the horizon when she returns especially if it is indeed imminent. The widely held assumption is that this weekend they are going to crown two new women's champions that are in many fans' eyes considered "the future" and with the obvious difficulty WWE has with featuring multiple women at any given time adding Becky to the fray would create the expectation of her reclaiming her mantle. WWE would be running the risk of damaging one of the new champions if they give Becky the belt back in short order or the risk of running afoul of a devoted fanbase who may not accept Becky playing second fiddle to someone else. Until WWE figures out how utilize the division better It's a problem that is going to rear its head quite often going forward. Honestly, as much as the division could use the bump it may be better to wait a bit to see where Bianca and Rhea land during their reigns. Also maybe wait until there are live crowds regularly. The live crowd is Becky's bread and butter.

·
I'll take you down the only road I've ever been do
The Icon That Can Still Go
53,653 Posts
I'm not disagreeing with that but I have found the division just as if not more entertaining without her around. I also see an unfortunate case of logjam on the horizon when she returns especially if it is indeed imminent. The widely held assumption is that this weekend they are going to crown two new women's champions that are in many fans' eyes considered "the future" and with the obvious difficulty WWE has with featuring multiple women at any given time adding Becky to the fray would create the expectation of her reclaiming her mantle. WWE would be running the risk of damaging one of the new champions if they give Becky the belt back in short order or the risk of running afoul of a devoted fanbase who may not accept Becky playing second fiddle to someone else. Until WWE figures out how utilize the division better It's a problem that is going to rear its head quite often going forward. Honestly, as much as the division could use the bump it may be better to wait a bit to see where Bianca and Rhea land during their reigns. Also maybe wait until there are live crowds regularly. The live crowd is Becky's bread and butter.
She will eventually obviously win one of the World Title's at some point (as she should), but I don't think it's going to be right away, or anything. I don't see either Bianca or Rhea having a super-long title runs, anyway. Don't know if I agree that the division has been more entertaining, either. The builds to both Women's Title matches for WM have been pretty bad even for B-PPV standards, let alone WM standards. IMO it needs a jolt in the worst way. She doesn't need to win a Title immediately. Just her being on TV will provide a nice jolt, if nothing else. She can win the title later in the year. Or, maybe they even do a year build to it and she wins it at next year's WM. They have plenty of options.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I for one would welcome both back. Both of them exude a sense of real toughness, in Ronda's case you know it's real and that's a plus.

You'd be mad not to bring back Ronda as a heel. Becky as her same anti-hero top face, but please let's drop that 'The Man' moniker.
Why should they drop something that is over with the fanbase and that has been successful. Wwe’s job is not to cater to a minority.

·
Registered
5,561 Posts
She will eventually obviously win one of the World Title's at some point (as she should), but I don't think it's going to be right away, or anything. I don't see either Bianca or Rhea having a super-long title runs, anyway. Don't know if I agree that the division has been more entertaining, either. The builds to both Women's Title matches for WM have been pretty bad even for B-PPV standards, let alone WM standards. IMO it needs a jolt in the worst way. She doesn't need to win a Title immediately. Just her being on TV will provide a nice jolt, if nothing else. She can win the title later in the year. Or, maybe they even do a year build to it and she wins it at next year's WM. They have plenty of options.
They got dealt a shitty hand on the Raw side with Lacey getting pregnant and Charlotte getting COVID really throwing everything that bwas remotely built up or interesting down the tubes. The SD side was poorly done for sure as they went the "easiest" direction possible. As a whole for me the divisions have been pretty damn good during the Pandemic and Sasha has for the most part been damn good and Bayley was before her. Asuka, even though they don't treat her as a big deal has been the damn MVP of the women during the Pandemic and more often than not entertaining as hell.

Becky should definitely win a title again down the road there's no reason why she shouldn't especially seeing as her status all but dictates that it MUST happen. I just think that if they do go in the direction of two new champions this weekend they need to give them room to breathe and see where their respective reigns go. That shouldn't take more than a few months probably by SummerSlam of one or both are struggling then move on. It also potentially gets people back into buildings in some capacity. The issue with having her on TV and not in the title picture means that WWE needs to find a way to competently feature more than two women at a time on whatever show they put Becky on. It also raises the issue of whatever Becky is doing being a higher priority than the Women's Title which puts the Champion in a very tough spot.

As many options as there may be many of them require some serious tightrope walking from creative and let's be honest WWE's creative has never been good at handling that type of scenario just ask Chris Jericho from 2002.

·
Banned
417 Posts
Raw is garbage and with the addition of this cringey crappy and clumsy wannabe alpha male it will only get worse! Nobody outside of a few hundred thousand gives a damn about women's wrestling and their so-called "stars" and that's never gonna change. Looks like Vince didn't learn his lesson after the debacle that was the Evolution PPV and that sordid, horrid so-called Wrestlemania "main event" from 2019.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
Raw is garbage and with the addition of this cringey crappy and clumsy wannabe alpha male it will only get worse! Nobody outside of a few hundred thousand gives a damn about women's wrestling and their so-called "stars" and that's never gonna change. Looks like Vince didn't learn his lesson after the debacle that was the Evolution PPV and that sordid, horrid so-called Wrestlemania "main event" from 2019.
And the ratings has been 5million after evolution and wrestlemania main event of 2019. IWC experts says so

·
Registered
373 Posts
I rewatched the promo last night when Becky challenged Ronda after the Rumble. How can you watch that and see the Austin-like reactions she was getting and not think she’s a star? 😂

The arena is going to go mental if she returns tonight.

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
I rewatched the promo last night when Becky challenged Ronda after the Rumble. How can you watch that and see the Austin-like reactions she was getting and not think she’s a star? 😂

The arena is going to go mental if she returns tonight.
Don't mind this haters dey know the truth but keep deceiving themselves

81 - 94 of 94 Posts