Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 94 Posts

·
Parks and Recreation Dept.
7,635 Posts
I really don't care one way or the other about Rousey. Stay, go, whatever. Hearing her whine about the travel and shit like that when you're only there for a year and no doubt making much more money than someone there full-time is more than a little eye-rolling, though.

More than eye-rolling, however, is the fact that for the last two years that she's been gone, I assume she's still been getting paid. VERY good money, at that. Make big money while doing nothing in return - must be nice.

Becky returning, now that'll be cool.

·
Registered
611 Posts
That's great. But bring back the Lasskicker. That's the character I loved, all she needed was for her to stick up for herself like she did to charlotte that one night. After the gimmick morphed into a generic Steve Austin knockoff and started being a bitch to everyone I lost alot of interest. If I wanted to hear someone break the smug world record while at the same time bitch at and emasculate everyone in the room, I would just go visit my sister in law.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,112 Posts
I really don't want Ronda to come back...but yeah, we don't really know what he means by 'distant future'.
Becky wrestled one more year after Ronda retired (for getting a baby) and Becky had a baby, while Ronda sat 2 years at home and played videogames ... If both of them come back, Becky will have to bit her lips all the time. :D

Hopefully Asuka won`t retire before Ronda comes back, so Ronda got a chance to become pregnant too some day. ;)

Never had thought, that we write 2021 multiple times about who became pregnant (Lacey, etc.) who did not (Ronda, Charlotte, etc).

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,006 Posts
Yes! But Becky's Push Of DOOM also turned many fans off the product! I know 5 people (4 males and 1 female) who stopped watching WWE because they hated Becky The Man gimmick and her mega push!
Hate is such a strong word, if you would say people didn't like the Man Gimmick and wanted her to be something different than that is one thing. Many fans still liked the gimmick off the IWC and that gimmick helped Becky do well in the Merch sells in her time in the WWE. But let's be honest here, you don't speak for everyone on this site in regards to Becky Lynch. I don't mind critism on my favorite but do not speak for other people, that is not a good look on your part. The product has been trash for a decade and it got worst in 2017. The Ratings declined because the shows really sucked and Vince hasn't put much effort in writing them. The whole pandemic would have been a good time to use other talents to their best abilities or booked better shows. He didn't. The ratings this full year since Becky has been gone has been the worst I ever seen. 3 months after she left, Raw was literally in the 1.4's and that is on Vince.

Push of Doom? If you call being pushed for a full year and half is doom then you wouldn't have survived the Golden Age of Wrestling Era, New Generation Era, Attitude, Ruthless and HD era.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Can't wait to see her back but I don't think she'll be back before Summerslam.

Sent from my 5029Y_EEA using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,101 Posts
Didn’t she say she wants a couple of kids? It’s pointless coming back for 3 months and then getting pregnant again.

It’s tough being the top woman while also having a family.

·
The Babyface of WF
Defying the role dynamic
16,485 Posts
Ronda can fuck off.

But Bex is a welcomed sight of course she's instantly star material the company might need even if she wanes out eventually, It's fair to believe her novelty has worn off and when she comes back it's her return that will get the most buzz not anything else unless they keep her steady going with good booking.

Don't be surprised if she runs into a brick wall along the way knowing who exactly is in charge of modern day operations.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Yes! But Becky's Push Of DOOM also turned many fans off the product! I know 5 people (4 males and 1 female) who stopped watching WWE because they hated Becky The Man gimmick and her mega push!
You are on ur own buddy and u don’t speak on behalf of the fan base. THE MAN gimmick was the most over and cheered superstar in wwe from late 2018 to early 2020. That gimmick made her the top merch seller in the company and made her and wwe lots of money as well as main eventing mania. The fact she came out to cheers every week without getting booed throughout her run shows people approve of the gimmick. When it comes to ratings, no one in pro wrestling moves ratings except the rock. Your sample of 5 people do not represent the thousands at live shows and the millions in the audience who cheer her. This site is a tiny sample size of the wwe audience. Not sure if you watch wwe to be spouting your inaccuracies about Becky Lynch.

That's great. But bring back the Lasskicker. That's the character I loved, all she needed was for her to stick up for herself like she did to charlotte that one night. After the gimmick morphed into a generic Steve Austin knockoff and started being a bitch to everyone I lost alot of interest. If I wanted to hear someone break the smug world record while at the same time bitch at and emasculate everyone in the room, I would just go visit my sister in law.
The lasskicker was a jobber while the man was a main Eventer so why should she bring it back? Sometimes I question if you guys on this site understand marketing and economics.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Becky wrestled one more year after Ronda retired (for getting a baby) and Becky had a baby, while Ronda sat 2 years at home and played videogames ... If both of them come back, Becky will have to bit her lips all the time. :D

Hopefully Asuka won`t retire before Ronda comes back, so Ronda got a chance to become pregnant too some day. ;)

Never had thought, that we write 2021 multiple times about who became pregnant (Lacey, etc.) who did not (Ronda, Charlotte, etc).

Why would Becky have to bite her lips? Do you think she is the kind of person that would chirp someone for not getting pregnant? Some people have trouble getting pregnant. Some people can't get pregnant. We don't know why Ronda has been unsuccessful in getting pregnant.

·
The optimistic Asuka fan
5,112 Posts
Why would Becky have to bite her lips? Do you think she is the kind of person that would chirp someone for not getting pregnant? Some people have trouble getting pregnant. Some people can't get pregnant. We don't know why Ronda has been unsuccessful in getting pregnant.
Rousey went off TV and told people again and again, that she tries to get pregnant. Normal people don`t do that, for the reasons you mentioned. I doubt, that Rousey planed to get pregnant on the first place and I am allowed to speculate, because she made that private thing a public issue herself, to get more attention. Also she put many familiy issues on TV shows or invited cameras into her house. No reason to be sensible in HER case.

·
FOTC
10,993 Posts
Didn’t she say she wants a couple of kids? It’s pointless coming back for 3 months and then getting pregnant again.

It’s tough being the top woman while also having a family.
She probably wants that 1 on 1 match with Ronda at WM and then she'll retire to go have more kids.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Rousey went off TV and told people again and again, that she tries to get pregnant. Normal people don`t do that, for the reasons you mentioned. I doubt, that Rousey planed to get pregnant on the first place and I am allowed to speculate, because she made that private thing a public issue herself, to get more attention. Also she put many familiy issues on TV shows or invited cameras into her house. No reason to be sensible in HER case.

I never said anything about Ronda going public with it or if she actually tried to get pregnant. It's a weird thing to speculate about IMO. I also don't care. The main point is do you the Becky is the kind of person to chirp someone for not getting pregnant? I'm not sure the woman has a callous bone in her body at least not in a genuine sense. It wouldn't even remotely fit her gimmick from a kayfabe perspective to do so. Not to mention that it is the most pointless kind of "inside baseball".

·
Devil's Blood
3,420 Posts
I hated The Man character so much.

21 - 40 of 94 Posts