Wrestling Forum banner
1 - 20 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've tried my hardest to see something in Becky Lynch,and tonight after that SEVERELY distorted and hypocritical promo she mumbled. I give up on trying to "get" her.

I don't know what's worse her becoming a top star via a botched punch from Nia Jax. Or her gasping for air every ten seconds when she mumbled a promo. I'm all for accents but her pronunciation and breathing like she's running a marathon under water doesn't do anything for my entertainment.

And when you look at her wrestle things get all the while worse,it's akin to watching a fish on land. Slow,clunky and looks ridiculous. Having her beat Bianca Bel-Air who is a physical specimen still makes my facepalm. I'm not a fan of Bianca though,Becky looks malnourished,not a single muscle to spare.

And don't get me started on what she said about the other women breaking their backs for the fans. Didn't she just jump the line after having her baby and before she left she buried the entire roster alongside Bayley, Charlotte and Sasha. She's just terrible on all fronts and I can't wait until the next crop of over pushed Indy darlings come about, because I am sick of the four bore women.

·
Registered
325 Posts
I've tried my hardest to see something in Becky Lynch,and tonight after that SEVERELY distorted and hypocritical promo she mumbled. I give up on trying to "get" her.

I don't know what's worse her becoming a top star via a botched punch from Nia Jax. Or her gasping for air every ten seconds when she mumbled a promo. I'm all for accents but her pronunciation and breathing like she's running a marathon under water doesn't do anything for my entertainment.

And when you look at her wrestle things get all the while worse,it's akin to watching a fish on land. Slow,clunky and looks ridiculous. Having her beat Bianca Bel-Air who is a physical specimen still makes my facepalm. I'm not a fan of Bianca though,Becky looks malnourished,not a single muscle to spare.

And don't get me started on what she said about the other women breaking their backs for the fans. Didn't she just jump the line after having her baby and before she left she buried the entire roster alongside Bayley, Charlotte and Sasha. She's just terrible on all fronts and I can't wait until the next crop of over pushed Indy darlings come about, because I am sick of the four bore women.
You are clearly in the minority. Big time Becks is the GOAT

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
17,406 Posts
And yet she still gets you mad, and like she cares about your feelings. I am damn glad that she told the truth and how it is tonight. Last night they chanted CM Punk during the 5 on 5 woman matches. When clearly his ass is in AEW. If you want him go to AEW for that shit. If you are so damn bored then don't go to the fucking shows. Stop wasting money and go to shows that entertain you. Also she is right, some fans are fucking fickle. Like Bryan Danielson said in 2018. They want new wrestlers in title pictures and pushed, a year later people turn on them when things don't go their way. Thank you Lynch for being such a good honest heel. Here is a tip, if you don't like Lynch than don't watch her matches, promos, segments. It's no that hard. I don't watch people I don't like on TV.

·
Registered
4,543 Posts
LMFAO

You're bored of all of the 4 Horse Women.
You think Becky is a bad promo.
You see nothing at all in Becky, one of the best talents that WWE has.
You also dislike Sasha, Bayley and Charlotte.
You don't like Belair either.
You can't even bring up a new crop of wrestlers to get rid of the ones you don't like, without insulting the fictional new ones ...

Sorry mate, but your opinions on literally everything seem absolutely fucking awful :D

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
I really got bored of her after she won the title off Ronda, her promos & ring work really regressed Sasha feud aside, I don’t think she was motivated. However, she’s been excellent since she returned, especially in the ring. Her promo work last night was the best she’s done since the Charlotte feud a few years ago.

Each to their own though. Cant please everyone.

·
Registered
156 Posts
I still think this heel run is a really bad idea. She's just too supported by the crowd, and it just seems forced. As I've mentioned previously, Bianca wasnt the person the heel turn should have come against, she's not over enough and has been extremely overpushed this year. They also should have done more to change Becky's presentation, maybe gone to corporate sellout route? Just coming out in stupid clothing isnt enough of a change.

Besides Bianca on the raw side, they've done an extremely poor job oh building the women (and I include Ripley). There's just nobody for her to face until Bayley comes back

·
Registered
8,215 Posts
She's not terrible, but she is overrated.
I think currently she does a god job overall with her new character. In-ring wise, she was carried by Charlotte in their match, she will probably have some good ones with Rhea Ripley and Bianca Belair down the line.

·
Harvester of Sorrow
12,944 Posts
Becky can't win can she? People were more sympathetic to her when she was always being jobbed out and made out to look like a fool. When she was the Lass Kicker you'd constantly see people complaining about her poor booking and talking about how over she is with the fans. Back then, she was probably the lowest of the Four Horsewomen yet people thought she deserved better.

Now she's one of WWE's top female wrestlers and every week we see threads like this. She actually grabbed the brass ring for herself, she wasn't just given her position, she worked hard to earn her position. People complain about her booking, but how is her booking any different from any other top star in WWE? If you were to complain about Becky's booking, then you must also feel the same about every other top star who is protected. People want to pretend like she is undeserving of her position but the fans made her into what she is now.

·
Registered
13,732 Posts
LMFAO

You're bored of all of the 4 Horse Women.
You think Becky is a bad promo.
You see nothing at all in Becky, one of the best talents that WWE has.
You also dislike Sasha, Bayley and Charlotte.
You don't like Belair either.
You can't even bring up a new crop of wrestlers to get rid of the ones you don't like, without insulting the fictional new ones ...

Sorry mate, but your opinions on literally everything seem absolutely fucking awful :D
Its why Vince does not listen to the IWC in a nutshell

Four horsewomen are the best group of female performers to come around in company history but you have goofballs like OP shitting on them.

20 years from now people will be laughing at threads like this

·
Registered
654 Posts
I understand why people might not like this heel run. But she's in a different stratosphere right now. It's almost unfair how good a promo she is compared to the rest of the division. This is the best form she's been on for years. I hope Liv Morgan can step up because she is getting ethered by Becky and will get buried beyond belief, God bless her.

·
Registered
7,541 Posts
That promo felt so much like Vince talking through Becky. Only WWE whines and moans about their fans this much, no other company does it. Like I’m sure Becky probably felt bad because she’s friends with some of the women in that match. But this felt like her toeing the company line.

And as for the Liv Morgan stuff. If this were almost any other company with logical booking, I’d think that the arrogant heel champion so burying and running down the underdog babyface constantly. Would lead to the arrogant heel suffering some consequences for their arrogance.

]lBut since this is WWE, who HATE letting the underdog actually win in the end and LOVE “getting the heat,” I expect Becky to just win in the end and another babyface to look double crap in the process.[/quote][br]

1 - 20 of 65 Posts