Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Benson, Charisma and Camila Mendes Fan. King Of Th
16,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Despite falling short of the WWE Women’s Tag Team Championships, Becky Lynch isn’t quite giving up on her dream to revive the legend of Becky Two Belts. This Monday, The Man will once again team with Charlotte Flair, her partner in last week’s ill-fated title bid. And after showing surprising chemistry with her longtime rival, The Man will once again pair up with The Queen.

Their first outing was enough of a success to warrant a second teaming, and while their opponents have yet to be announced, the possibility is a tantalizing one for both Superstars. Not only could Becky Two Belts return to the fold, but a WWE Women’s Tag Team Title could make Charlotte only the second Superstar to record the Women’s Grand Slam (Raw Women’s Title, SmackDown Women’s Championship, NXT Women’s Title and WWE Women’s Tag Team Championship). In other words, history is in play for both.
Source: https://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/2019-11-18/article/becky-lynch-charlotte-flair-compete-in-tag-team-action

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,075 Posts
Just what we need. More Horsewomen matches, and more talk of Becky 2 Belts.

How about something fresh? How about something that isn't just the same 2 people endlessly squashing everyone else? Use the whole roster instead of just the McMahons Pets.

·
Won't shut up about Peyton Royce
17,623 Posts

How about something fresh? How about something that isn't just the same 2 people endlessly squashing everyone else? Use the whole roster instead of just the McMahons Pets.
Oh they are gonna use the rest of the roster... to put them over... again :eyeroll

And probably this Monday my girls are gonna be murdered by them (unless they use an actual jobber team), and my girls are so unimportant that don't even deserve to be mentioned on the preview :cry:sadbecky.

·
Registered
7,698 Posts
Why not Asuka2Belts instead?

(My Machomanjohncena impression, joking/but not really)

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
I'm not really fond of these 2 teaming again. They are just better apart. Becky really should be focused more on defending the Raw women's title and building that. As good as Becky 2 belts was, the reason why it worked was because of the timing. You can't really recreate it and there's no point in trying.

·
FOTC
10,492 Posts
They'll win the titles at TLC. That way Becky can be used at Elimination Chamber without having to defend the RAW Women's Championship. Becky's workload will probably be the way they justify her losing to Ronda at WM.

"I CARRIED TWO DAMN DIVISIONS!!!" :becky

·
16,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

They are not facing the tag champs on Monday, this is most likely a preview on what is going to happen after Survivor Series is in wraps. They will face them at TLC. Asuka already has a match against Natalya. And what will most likely in both matches, SD or NXT will get involved.

·
Custom User Title
6,366 Posts
They'll win the titles at TLC. That way Becky can be used at Elimination Chamber without having to defend the RAW Women's Championship. Becky's workload will probably be the way they justify her losing to Ronda at WM.

"I CARRIED TWO DAMN DIVISIONS!!!" :becky
I honestly don't think we'll see Ronda returning to a full time role, if she even returns at all. I can see her coming back to work a match at Wrestlemania, and then leave again. She wasn't a ratings mover when she was still active in WWE. And to further add to the pile of Ronda not being a real draw, Total Divas has had the worst viewership in the history of the entire series as of late. And she's one of the biggest stars on the show.

And unpopular opinion alert that will make some people real mad here:

If Becky and Charlotte win the tag titles, they either need to drop them again very soon after, or Becky needs to drop the RAW Women's Title. They don't need to put all of the gold and spotlight on Becky and Charlotte. It's dumb and buries the rest of the RAW Women's Division if you are only pushing those two as forces to be reckoned with.

WWE should probably be treading very carefully with how they handle the situation. Asuka as far as we know, has yet to sign a new deal according to Dave. And Kairi's deal is up right before Wrestlemania next year. And AEW has already expressed a ton of interest in getting Kairi. So has STARDOM. Both are likely going to make big offers to her next year. If either or both of them were to jump ship to another promotion, it would do a ton of damage to WWE's women's division credibility wise, as well as put WWE under the microscope on how they handle/view minorities, especially women.

Kairi's goal is to be on TV regularly and get exposure and spread the joy of wrestling. Guess what happens to most women who don't hold titles? They get to hang out in catering.

·
Registered
2,392 Posts
Leave to WWE and not getting it. No Becky fan really asked for Becky 2 belts in the first place. It was always about beating Ronda. It just happened to get over after they used the 2nd title to justify Charlotte in the mania main event.

Why is this Becky's main story?

·
16,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Leave to WWE and not getting it. No Becky fan really asked for Becky 2 belts in the first place. It was always about beating Ronda. It just happened to get over after they used the 2nd title to justify Charlotte in the mania main event.

Why is this Becky's main story?
That is right people thinking us Becky fans wants to see Becky in a tag division while caring the Raw Woman's Championship. Newsflash, we don't. The only thing we cared about in the beginning was Becky vs Ronda at this year's WM in which I am starting to give up on that. As well as Becky vs Asuka solo feud in which will not happen since they like to add in a third person to the mix. Becky 2 Belts was created out of accident at WM when Becky won both the straps in one night and made it a catch phrase the next night on Raw.

Let me repeat this to everyone, WE DON'T WANT this to happen.

·
Custom User Title
6,366 Posts
Unpopular opinion:

WWE is teasing/doing Becky 2 Belts because they think it'll draw ratings. And because it'll somehow get Charlotte over by being one half of the tag champs.

Spoiler: It won't draw increased ratings, and Charlotte will remain cold as always.

The only thing Becky and Charlotte will accomplish by winning the tag titles is burying the rest of the RAW Women's Division. Especially since...you know...there are no heels left for Becky to go through after she beats Asuka.

That's obviously not a problem if Ronda returns, but I feel like if Becky wins the tag titles, then something HAS to give with her booking. Because she'll be approaching Roman or Cena levels of bullshittery. Either they drop the tag titles right back to the Kabuki Warriors, or she drops the RAW Women's Title. Her holding both would kill the division. And that's quite a feat considering the RAW Women's Division is incredibly stacked right now.

Ironically, it would also likely drive off some viewers as well. Because the Kabuki Warriors are actually increasing viewers whenever they are on TV if the segment by segment breakdowns is correct. The only women who can claim that on the main roster are Becky, Asuka, and Kairi. I don't have FOX numbers in front of me, so I couldn't tell you about Smackdown and its women. It would also undercut the Kabukis because they are a significantly more interesting act than Charlotte/Becky.

WWE has a problem of fixating solely on the 4HW and its going to bite them in the ass, especially considering who is forced to sit in catering, and all of the talent down in NXT.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,959 Posts
I guess we are getting this next Monday instead of TLC next month then.

The pairing isn't necessary and the only reason to have them win the Tag Titles is to set up a feud between the two because let's face it, They are holding each other back as Tag Champs this stinks of another Becky/Flair program waiting to happen.

·
Custom User Title
6,366 Posts

The pairing isn't necessary and the only reason to have them win the Tag Titles is to set up a feud between the two because let's face it, They are holding each other back as Tag Champs this stinks of another Becky/Flair program waiting to happen.
No. Asuka is in singles action on Monday against Natalya. They are going to drag this feud out until TLC, where Charlotte and Becky will win the tag titles, and the Kabukis go back to being worthless because neither of them can speak 100% perfect English, and they aren't a WWE 4HW.

·
16,208 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
No. Asuka is in singles action on Monday against Natalya. They are going to drag this feud out until TLC, where Charlotte and Becky will win the tag titles, and the Kabukis go back to being worthless because neither of them can speak 100% perfect English, and they aren't a WWE 4HW.
Oh, Becky and Charlotte will win the tag belts but not keep them for long. They will only hold them for only 2 weeks after they won the belts and Asuka is most likely going to lose to Becky in a final one on one match at the Royal Rumble. Then Becky and a winning Ronda Rousey from the Rumble will finally have their one on one match at WM where Ronda most likely will win the belt back. Thus having everyone back at square one and Becky gets traded back to SD next spring.

·
The Babyface of WF
10,959 Posts

Yep even worse at TLC, I'd keep the belts on KW until an actual Tag Team not an alliance between singles competitors are ready to take the mantle.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts