Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
6,142 Posts
-Sasha being built up for months and being the most over woman on the roster and a merch selling machine in 2015/2016, and they STILL sacrificed that to build up Charlotte and her booking never recovered.

-Asuka having a win streak, only to be fed to Charlotte at Mania, then winning the SDL title, just to be fed to Charlotte again this year, be thrown off the Mania main card like a week out, and now being stuck in tag team limbo.

-Building up Becky as the "#1 woman" supposedly, yet never having her decisively defeat Charlotte by pin or submission, be booked quite weak as dual champion, and despite this supposedly being about her, STILL having Charlotte get the final win in the end anyway

-Basically telling the fans to go fuck themselves by sticking Charlotte in YET ANOTHER title feud, when people want her to take a break from it.

Even when they do something cool (Asuka vs. Becky at RR, Asuka as champion, Becky as dual champion, etc), it ALWAYS comes back to Charlotte in the end. I'm NOT saying that you're wrong, but I just don't see a reason to be optimistic right now honestly.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Becky losing to Charlotte was only to get Charlotte one step closer to 16.
With Ric being rushed to the hospital recently, I don't even want to imagine how obnoxious it might get.

·
Registered
2,950 Posts
Becky should have retained both titles last night. The whole 'Becky Two Belts' was over with the crowd and it would have been great if they could have kept that up for a few months. But, this is one of the main problems with WWE, something gets popular and they immediately want to kill it. Bayley could have still cashed in later, probably would have been better since she could have challenged Becky to a one on one fight beating her clean and completely revamping her character.

But, there's still potential in this scenario as well. Bayley's basically been rejuvenated after being horribly booked for two years. Now all WWE has to do is not Sasha Banks Bayley's inevitable feud with Charlotte.

And people need to stop being so hyperbolic when it comes to Bayley's mic skills. She's nowhere near terrible, she's at worst average on the mic, passable. Not every woman is going to be Becky or Alexa.

·
Registered
2,539 Posts
As someone who has never been a Reigns fan but has appreciated Charlotte at certain points I am convinced Charlotte's "Shove" (forced push) is worse than Roman's push and it's not even close. At least with Reigns we were still able to get stuff like Owens/Jericho (to carry RAW) as a break from the Title Scene. Also that Roman went about 2 years without a title (I know some had to do with Wellness Violation but at best a few months). In turn Becky can beat Charlotte literally a half dozen times but in the end Charlotte gets the feud ending win and a NINTH title win. The inclusion of Charlotte into the Becky/Ronda feud brought the feud from a 9 or 10 down to like a 5 (at best) and it now got her 2 more paper title reigns in the march to 17+.

·
Registered
733 Posts
As someone who has never been a Reigns fan but has appreciated Charlotte at certain points I am convinced Charlotte's "Shove" (forced push) is worse than Roman's push and it's not even close. At least with Reigns we were still able to get stuff like Owens/Jericho (to carry RAW) as a break from the Title Scene. Also that Roman went about 2 years without a title (I know some had to do with Wellness Violation but at best a few months). In turn Becky can beat Charlotte literally a half dozen times but in the end Charlotte gets the feud ending win and a NINTH title win. The inclusion of Charlotte into the Becky/Ronda feud brought the feud from a 9 or 10 down to like a 5 (at best) and it now got her 2 more paper title reigns in the march to 17+.
Her push far greater exceeds Reigns. Reigns hasn't sniffed the main event scene since he's come back. Charlotte actually hardly wins any matches yet is always default #1 contender and receives title shots out of the sky. She'll most likely face Bayley for her title (despite rematches not being allowed anymore) and win back the belt. Making Bayley's moment of happiness, totally pointless.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts