Wrestling Forum banner

61 - 77 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
954 Posts
My point is if Becky is going to retain then don't attack shayna after losing at SS, don't return the same night shayna bites your neck just to be tough and don't do segments with Stone Cold. You ruin shayna and test audience patience. Becky doesn't have 5 star matches,her promos ignore that.
No casual fan cares about x/5 star ratings; they just want a compelling feud between compelling wrestling personalities. Was Rock vs Hogan worth 5 stars? No in terms of skill, but hell yes in terms of drawing power and fan engagement; ten-fold even.

Becky should practice how to appeal to people that aren't internet critics and cynical fans. Maybe then she can break out of her safety bubble that consists of M'ladies "men" that respectfully nod at her sexual tweets.

·
Registered
2,319 Posts
Your hate for Becky is incredible dude. The previous poster is right. May be the legends just like her. Good grief u guys are pathetic.
I don’t hate Becky or anyone else for that matter. I have said time and time again that Becky is talented and has a place on the card. What is pathetic is you taking my comments so personally. I will never understand the people that think they have personal relationships with these wrestlers and get their feelings so easily hurt by people who are calmly and rationally citing the facts.

·
Registered
2,458 Posts
Your hate for Becky is incredible dude. The previous poster is right. May be the legends just like her. Good grief u guys are pathetic.
as someone who doesn't have a dog in this fight and is indifferent towards Becky, I have to say your love for Becky is incredibly apparent. Your crazy white knight defending of her is a little creepy. You're taking the conversation way too personally. It's okay if other people don't like your favorite wrestler.

·
Premium Member
8,528 Posts
There was no saving that segment from the start so her being there didn't ruin it, it just didn't help it much (which is probably what the intent was).

She did down those beers like a proper Champ tho.

·
Registered
870 Posts
as someone who doesn't have a dog in this fight and is indifferent towards Becky, I have to say your love for Becky is incredibly apparent. Your crazy white knight defending of her is a little creepy. You're taking the conversation way too personally. It's okay if other people don't like your favorite wrestler.
It’s not about Becky being my favorite, it’s people having a reasonable dialogue. Blaming Becky for a failed segment when that’s on wwe creative is as bad as people blaming trump for corona virus.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
Giving someone who is already this cringe WWE material is the worst thing you can do.

It's as if her fans are deaf or are choosing to keep their hands in the sand.

Imagine freaking Henry Cejudo aka the King of Cringe trying to be Austin, that's what Becky Lynch is.

Stop trying to create another Steve Austin and let performers be themselves - aka not Steve Austin 0.0000000000000000000000000001.

KO is the same with his Stunner parody, a fat dude going around stunning like Austin is not bad ass, it comes off like a parody.

Say what you like about Roman but he can pull off badass a billion times better than either of these cringe lords.
KO isn't even "fat" anymore lol. Just because you don't have the body of Randy Orton doesn't make you fat lol. He's lost a lot of weight.

·
Registered
3,574 Posts
The segment was poorly written in the first place. Austin reading from cue cards, and Saxton being comic relief ... It didn't go over well for me at all. For me, Becky's appearance was when the segment started to get interesting.

Just a shame she didn't hit him with the stunner again for the lols.

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Becky didn't ruin anything the whole segment was cringe, Austin came off as more of a stand up comedian than his usual self not being able to absorb the excitement of a crowd.

Austin stunning Byron was the only good thing about it.
Correction, the only good part was Byron getting straight up kicked in the dick.

·
Registered
4,618 Posts
I don't know how they did. But SD in it's second week of no audience beat that Becky segment in ratings yet again. I thought Becky was the face of the company. 🤦‍♀️

·
Registered
760 Posts
Still more entertaining than Asuka's cringy and stupid dancing. It's not cute, it's just straight up embarassing. Becky over Asuka any day.

·
Fearless University Graduate
15,049 Posts
Its really awkward how they trot Becky out there for the rub in these segments. Acting like she's cool and badass enough to be in the ring with Austin and The Rock. She just isn't, she's a cringe worthy, awkward, complete opposite of badass mess.

·
TAFKA KroKro
2,668 Posts
Still more entertaining than Asuka's cringy and stupid dancing. It's not cute, it's just straight up embarassing. Becky over Asuka any day.
"A sucks but still better than B" is the dumbest argument ever. It's not even about Asuka. Asuka isn't presented as a "super badass female Stone Cold." She is presented as a deadly in-ring combatant who is super flamboyant and extravagant. That's the issue people have. I liked Becky Lynch as the lovable babyface who was a bit punny. It was cute and heartfelt. I was never interested in "The Man" though.

61 - 77 of 77 Posts