Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Baby Yoda
29,303 Posts
She's at a point where she has go away heat with plenty of people.

That Austin style truck she had was beyond cringe.

Living up to her moniker of Becky Cringe each week. Don't get me wrong, she was a cringey as fuck before but WWE trying to turn her into Austin has given her change the channel/go away heat and her quarterly numbers show it.

·
Team AEW
2,909 Posts
The amount of hate for her is laughable. I'd much rather Becky be in this spot than almost anybody. I'm not her biggest fan, hell - I'm not even her fan, period. But I think she has a superstar presence around her. She's definitely better than most of the women. If we had Charlotte doing those spots, it would've been a lot worse.

Let me ask you a question. Seriously, with this writing. Who is not cringe? Like, really. Only a few people who have the talent to do even stupidest things a certain way, they don't come off as clowns as a result. And in the womens division - NO ONE can cut a good promo. Not one person. Becky is decent enough to be in the spot, at least judging by the standards that we have these days. She is basically the face of the company, that's why they told her to come and drink beer with Austin, simple as that.

Anyway, I don't have problem with Becky. What ruined that segment for me was Saxton. WWE would be better off to book an actual wrestler to take a Stunner from Austin, imo.

·
Baby Yoda
29,303 Posts
The amount of hate for her is laughable. I'd much rather Becky be in this spot than almost anybody. I'm not her biggest fan, hell - I'm not even her fan, period. But I think she has a superstar presence around her. She's definitely better than most of the women. If we had Charlotte doing those spots, it would've been a lot worse.

Let me ask you a question. Seriously, with this writing. Who is not cringe? Like, really. Only a few people who have the talent to do even stupidest things a certain way, they don't come off as clowns as a result. And in the womens division - NO ONE can cut a good promo. Not one person. Becky is decent enough to be in the spot, at least judging by the standards that we have these days. She is basically the face of the company, that's why they told her to come and drink beer with Austin, simple as that.

Anyway, I don't have problem with Becky. What ruined that segment for me was Saxton. WWE would be better off to book an actual wrestler to take a Stunner from Austin, imo.
Giving someone who is already this cringe WWE material is the worst thing you can do.

It's as if her fans are deaf or are choosing to keep their hands in the sand.

Imagine freaking Henry Cejudo aka the King of Cringe trying to be Austin, that's what Becky Lynch is.

Stop trying to create another Steve Austin and let performers be themselves - aka not Steve Austin 0.0000000000000000000000000001.

KO is the same with his Stunner parody, a fat dude going around stunning like Austin is not bad ass, it comes off like a parody.

Say what you like about Roman but he can pull off badass a billion times better than either of these cringe lords.

·
Team AEW
2,909 Posts
Giving someone who is already this cringe WWE material is the worst thing you can do.

Imagine freaking Henry Cejudo aka the King of Cringe trying to be Austin, that's what Becky Lynch is.

Stop trying to create another Steve Austin and let performers be themselves - aka not Steve Austin 0.0000000000000000000000000001.
She just drank beer with Austin... that was it, what's the big overreaction, lol? I don't get it. It's not like she hogs the spotlight from somebody. Yeah, you could say Asuka, but Vince won't push Asuka no matter what. That's of course if we're talking strictly about women.

KO is the same with his Stunner parody, a fat dude going around stunning like Austin is not bad ass, it comes off like a parody.
Funny you mention KO, because if we're talking about who will be better to drink that beer, than his character would fit nicely there. I agree about Stunner, this move should be just left alone. But KO seems very popular to me, although again - they just won't LET him be in that top spot anyway.

Say what you like about Roman but he can pull off badass a billion times better than either of these cringe lords.
Well, that's up for a debate I don't want to start, let's just say I disagree. Besides, Roman is on Smackdown. For once, even with those cancelled shows, they should still keep the rosters apart. And imagine the outrage if Roman was there, people would lose their shit. Fans have seen enough of Roman being endorsed by a legend, and we'll probably see it again at Mania. Who else they've got? Drew is too early, who knows if he'll even make it, and honestly his character just won't fit there, drinking beer with Austin, that just seems wrong and FAKE. Becky was the right call. They don't have any other top faces, not on RAW at least.

Anyway, what I really mean, is WWE has much bigger problems, I don't support some of you being so upset with Becky, of all people. There are plenty of things to bitch about.

·
Registered
167 Posts

Lol why is Henry Cejudo the King of "Cringe"?

·
Registered
3,545 Posts
I really don't like Becky much but she didn't do anything wrong. She just had a few bears. It would be different if she tried to belittle or threaten Stone Cold but she didn't

·
Registered
582 Posts
It would have been good for Austin to stun Becky. It's just not in Austin's character to spare people the stunner based on face or heel alignment. The Austin character would have stunned Byron, The Street Prophets, then let Becky enjoy a moment celebrating with Austin, only for Austin to stun her at the end too.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts