Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Becky Explains Abscence

It has been weird Not to see her on TV or hear anything about her absence as you know but she performed after RAW (weird AF) and discussed this briefly. I’m a huge fan so I read deeply into everything she said. Ready??

The powers that held her down that haven’t gone away——she’s talking about some of the higher ups and creative directors not respecting her.

Her final debt to collect is to face Stephanie McMan.

Obviously things aren’t going so well between the upper management and Becky right now..

The scariest thing to me is she says “I need to collect one final debt.” She leaving after that or something??

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
I don't understand why they've kept the title on her if they're not going to have her do anything with it. It reminds me of when Alexa had the belt two years ago and didn't defend it for like 4-5 months.

Then again there aren't that many women left on Raw to challenge her. Most are either off tv or injured. They should have just given the title to Sasha and kept her on Raw. You could've had Becky win the title back eventually if she had to.

·
Registered
5,663 Posts
Listen, I am a fan of Becky and she is pretty much the only woman in the company who can cut a great promo, but if you're not going to use her why the fuck is she the champion? She's barely done anything since Hell in a Cell. Even in the Survivor Series program she was the least featured of the three. If Asuka vs. Charlotte is your top women's program, shouldn't it be a title program? It's just weird booking.

As for the "one last debt" thing it's either Ronda, Asuka or Stephanie. She's been vocal about wanting matches with all 3. Hopefully it's not Stephanie as that would be horrible. I'm gonna guess it's Asuka seeing as that's apparently where we're going and Asuka is the only woman she's never beaten.

Her booking has been weird since HIAC. She's barely wrestled and when she has it's been in tags/multi matches and she's spent most of the match outside or on the apron. I can only assume she's got a minor injury.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Listen, I am a fan of Becky and she is pretty much the only woman in the company who can cut a great promo, but if you're not going to use her why the fuck is she the champion? She's barely done anything since Hell in a Cell. Even in the Survivor Series program she was the least featured of the three. If Asuka vs. Charlotte is your top women's program, shouldn't it be a title program? It's just weird booking.

As for the "one last debt" thing it's either Ronda, Asuka or Stephanie. She's been vocal about wanting matches with all 3. Hopefully it's not Stephanie as that would be horrible. I'm gonna guess it's Asuka seeing as that's apparently where we're going and Asuka is the only woman she's never beaten.

Her booking has been weird since HIAC. She's barely wrestled and when she has it's been in tags/multi matches and she's spent most of the match outside or on the apron. I can only assume she's got a minor injury.
Steph would be her biggest feud since Ronda, why would you not want this? The match might not be too good, but as far as TV focus goes it would be huge for her.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
Because Becky would come out of it worse off. Stephanie doesn't sell. She'd berate her and Becky would just stand there.
She sold for her this year already, she sold for Ronda aswell.

·
Registered
2,692 Posts
Stephanies too damn old to be rolling around in the ring nowadays. Its fine for a one off special with ronda when HHH is around to cover her, but by herself that would be a horrible match. Not to mention there's no heat between Becky and Steph. Steph gave Becky what she wanted last year even after being attacked so why is there any heat between the two? Becky need to stop doing what the Rock did when he was chasing bigger matches all the time and instead concentrate on fixing the current state of the divas division which is shite.

·
\m/
21,688 Posts
Steph is a huge fan/supporter of Becky from what I've seen so I wouldn't worry about her selling for her or doing what's good for the feud if they do have it.

But really the final debt for Becky is Asuka and after that she would face Ronda. After she beats Ronda at Mania in a 1 on 1 match making her tap out her character very much would have come full circle.

·
alexa = greatest of all time!
2,629 Posts
shows you how highly they value becky. they have to have an excuse to not use her while some people aren't used for months and they say nothing.

and yeah she really needs to defend the belt against a credible opponent soon.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Everyones got good points here. I think Becky has made a huge point to call out Stephanie and made a pretty big deal out of it.

We know she wants to rematch Ronda but if Rhonda doesn’t come back everyones gotta respect that. And don’t get me wrong Asuka is cool.

But the way Becky was acting in the interview made it seem like it seem like she was frustrated with things and almost like Stephanie McMan is truly the only one that could bring them biggest the type of hype and allow her to feel like she’s truly reached the pinnacle but management/Stephanie ain’t having it right now.

Again... she doesn’t want to be in these tag team matches as it makes no sense. And how she says shes “the face of the company, and has one final debt to collect.” All points to Stephanie McMan, daughter of the owner of all of WWE.

Final note though. Again, how she says “one final debt“ makes feel She knows WWE is taking her title soon and wants to get this opportunity before they do.... We shall see.

·
Registered
2,238 Posts
TPTB really did screw up Becky’s title reign. She’s not had a single memorable feud since winning the belt. Her and Sasha had potential not only to last for a few months but also to deliver some late MOTY contenders. But for whatever reason they rather pair Sasha back up with Bayley as if they haven’t been attached at the hip for what feels like forever. I’m still in awe at the fact that Becky has maintained her popularity. With the way she’s booked that’s a damn miracle in this day and age of pro wrestling. It is just so weird. She’s definitely treated like a top star but her feuds don’t feel like WWE creative are putting any real effort into it.

·
THE MAN has come around to collect her debts.
5,642 Posts
Good to see Becky again after 2 weeks. Keeping the FOTC off of TV actually made his promo so much more enjoyable. Felt like even more of a star.

TPTB really did screw up Becky’s title reign. She’s not had a single memorable feud since winning the belt. Her and Sasha had potential not only to last for a few months but also to deliver some late MOTY contenders. But for whatever reason they rather pair Sasha back up with Bayley as if they haven’t been attached at the hip for what feels like forever. I’m still in awe at the fact that Becky has maintained her popularity. With the way she’s booked that’s a damn miracle in this day and age of pro wrestling. It is just so weird. She’s definitely treated like a top star but her feuds don’t feel like WWE creative are putting any real effort into it.
Charisma man. That's what it is. Its not her booking. Its not her average wrestling skill. People love her despite the way her feuds have been put together. She has a magnetism that you can't put a price on. All of her feuds have been half-assed. Lacey Evans, Natalya, Sasha Banks, and now Asuka, which seems to have been forgotten because Charlotte had nothing to do. If she wasn't so great at cutting promos and getting people's attention, the WWE audience probably would have turned on her by now and her reactions would have died off.

·
FOTC
10,165 Posts
Based on this promo she's talking about Stephanie. Remember what Meltzer said in regards to Ronda Rousey: she was brought into WWE to make Stephanie McMahon a mainstream star. That didn't happen. So it wouldn't surprise me if they tried to have Becky elevate Stephanie at WM 36. This is probably one of the reasons why they've pushed Becky so hard.

·
The Babyface of WF
9,899 Posts
That feeling when Charlotte is getting more air time than the one who's Raw Women's Champion and the hottest star of the Women's division as a whole:cautious:

A feud with Steph was probably inevitable but a match at say WM isn't worth it.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts