Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Oh Becky... fucking piece of shit promo, with WWE being awful at scripts they usually aren't this bad, sure shes writing her shit the fucking ego got her, also the delivery at 0:44

"but,but,but,but,then,then,then, I think,why,why,why,why,why...etc."

Awful, one of the worst promos I ever heard.

·
Registered
2,395 Posts
It was not that bad. It was ok. I got the jest of the promo.

During the whole Asuka vs Becky ll build Becky was clouded in doubt. She questioned if she could ever beat Asuka.

Since she did she feels reinvigorated, supercharged, like she could "PICK THE WORLD UP AND DROP IT ON YOUR FUCKING HEAD!!

What I didnt like was she tossed Kairi like joke.

And if any promo was bad it was Rhea's. 90% of her lines was repeating the obvious what Charlotte just said

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
The problem is the character direction. They are trying to blend The Bride from Kill Bill (which got her over) with Rocky Balboa in particular from before the 1st Clubber Lang Fight.

·
Registered
3,028 Posts
I thought her demeanor and meme glasses were cringe but I'm not gonna bash her supporters. I'm just not a fan of her gimmick.

·
Registered
3,525 Posts
I didn't mind it. Her delivery has always been the same, and it's worked so far. She's still one of the most over wrestlers on the show. The whole promo was played with a comican air that I enjoyed. The little kick towards Kairi as she left was very amusing.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Becky’s attitude reminded me of The Rock, I’m surprised people are whingeing about it.
The Rock didn't borrow memes............he created them. There's the difference.

·
Registered
7,975 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
"but,but,but,but,then,then,then, I think,why,why,why,why,why...etc."
Awful.

·
The Fastest of the Fastest of Jamaican Sprinters
3,487 Posts
She's mediocre at best at speaking, but it works, because being "OK" in the women's division makes you the greatest of all time. Good for her, the tallest midget.

·
Registered
4,292 Posts
I thought everyone noticed that the it was a tongue-in-cheek segment/promo to adress Corey Graves comments about her popularity.

The crowd cheered everything she did on the segment, Becky and the company knew it that's why the "Deal With it" glasses.

She is just entering on the typical big babyface act smug attitude phase, just like Cena post 2010, it's the most realistic thing you can do with her character, at this point it would be ridiculous try to portray her as the underdog going into the matches.

Asuka is just a filler anyway, teh evolution of her character will be shown on her WM 36 storyline.

·
Angry at refs
2,702 Posts
The Rock didn't borrow memes............he created them. There's the difference.
Candy ass, smackdown, can you smell, jabroni, pie eating, talking in the third person. All done before The Rock, so idk what you're getting at.

Yeah, he used them very well, but he didn't invent those things.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Personally, I have never seen what is so great about Becky Lynch and "The Man" gimmick. Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying it's a bad gimmick or she is a poor wrestler. I personally just have never found her promos that great and have found they have always came across quite corny. The over the top swagger is one of my biggest bug bearers as it just doesn't suit her.

Fair play to her though, she has her fans but I do think she has way overachieved considering the many other talents on the roster and in the NXT roster available.

·
Registered
513 Posts
Candy ass, smackdown, can you smell, jabroni, pie eating, talking in the third person. All done before The Rock, so idk what you're getting at.

Yeah, he used them very well, but he didn't invent those things.
Those words were not created by him, because, as you pointed out they existed prior to his usage of them, however, they became a meme (or what passed for that) because of him, which reinforces my point. The Rock made those words become meme-like, even if he didn't create the words themselves.

Candy ass was a street word, but had no prolific use in entertainment.
Smackdown, too, used sporadically on the street and in some entertainment, but not prolifically.
All the others, with the exception of talking in third person, again, occasional usage in street dialect, but not with any regularity in popular culture.

So my point stands..........he made those words meme-able.

·
Angry at refs
2,702 Posts
Those words were not created by him, because, as you pointed out they existed prior to his usage of them, however, they became a meme (or what passed for that) because of him, which reinforces my point. The Rock made those words become meme-like, even if he didn't create the words themselves.

Candy ass was a street word, but had no prolific use in entertainment.
Smackdown, too, used sporadically on the street and in some entertainment, but not prolifically.
All the others, with the exception of talking in third person, again, occasional usage in street dialect, but not with any regularity in popular culture.

So my point stands..........he made those words meme-able.
They were already on that level. Rock simply adopted them and made them known to, putting it bluntly, a sliced bread white audience.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts