Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jesus had one. John Lennon was still creatively brilliant behind one. Brad Pitt sported a real dirty one. Those of you that are old enough to cultivate them, do you? Do you like them in general?

·
Is a Snit Head
22,343 Posts
I look like total scum with one so no I don't have one. I kept one for a while just to prove to myself that I could grow one and I looked terrible. Plus it's itchy all the time and I had the terrible habit of touching it constantly. My brother can pull one off really well though, which is frustrating as we look a lot alike and both have red hair but I look like a scummy hobo and he doesn't.

·
Premium Member
4,055 Posts
I do prefer having a beard rather clean shaven although it depends from time to time whether it is applicable or not. My beard kinda looks a lot like Randy Orton's beard.

·
Premium Member
5,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I currently have a Brock Lesnar-type viking beard and it's epic and majestic all at the same time.
I don’t think you and I have previously agreed on anything, but Viking beards are Mickey Mouse (the Aussie slang version). Congrats!

1) Beards give a man a certain gravitas.
2) All men should try a full blown beard.

·
Premium Member
4,254 Posts
I can't grow a fucking 'just-hit-puberty' mustache and I'm nearly 19. Ergh.

But yeah, beards are fucking epic when pulled of right. John Lennon had awesome one, as did CM Punk.

·
Exile on Main Street
1,001 Posts
I always sport a goatee. Unfortunately it's not a fantastic one as my facial hair is quite thin and really doesn't grow the way i'd like it to, but the alternative is being clean shaven and i really don't like that look on myself. If i could grow a full on bushy beard i totally would.

Ideally though i'd like to be able to grow a goatee similar to the one Rob Lowe rocked in the fourth season of Californication.

·
Premium Member
10,169 Posts
I always sport a bit of facial hair. I've only been cleanly shaven once in about three years and it looked/felt so weird. It's not a huge grower; it gets to a certain point then seems to stop so I find it impossible to get a huge bushy one. Just constantly looks like a 5 o'clock shadow. And the moustache hasn't joined up with the jaw. :no:

Would probably compare it to this guy:

·
Premium Member
250 Posts
I honestly hate it when I shave. I can't stand it growing back, it itches like crazy. So I've had a beard since I was 16 which made me look like I was at least 20.

Those bastards at the bottle stops never suspected a thing. High school was an amazing time.

·
Registered
6,319 Posts
I would like a beard but after 5 days to a week I stop looking rugged and start looking homeless, recently divorced and possibly on a register, somewhere, and needing to inform the neighbours when I move house. I can never bring myself to fight through this stage. I don't know how long it'll last, and there could never be light at the end of the tunnel.

So I shave. And I regret it. And I repeat the process. This happens probably twice a month, I can never make it past that first week. Also the itching blows.

·
Premium Member
13,079 Posts
Well facial hair comes from the mothers side of the genes, and my mom's family the guys don't have to shave regularly until their late 20's, so it looks rather raggad if I do grow it out, and thin at that.

·
8,590 Posts
i got a thick goatee, and always seem to have a beard too. the beard isn't really intentional, it just keeps growing in, and i'm too lazy to shave more than twice a week.

·
#FunFact™
7,513 Posts
My sideburns finishes growing like 2 centimeters away from my chin-hair :/
Same here. There's an ever so tiny gap between my brown Wolverine sideburns and my red chin beard and another small gap from my beard and my mustache that reminds me of CM Punks right before MITB.

1 - 20 of 62 Posts