1 - 20 of 160 Posts

·
Registered
1,594 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yuh, it's been a while since the last one, and we have a new set of rules :D

Be The Booker Tournament Rules:

Deadlines

If you miss a deadline, and post your match after it, permission must be granted from the opposition (presuming they have posted a match on time), if they allow you to compete, the judge will rate each match and a winner will be decided. If the opposition does not allow you back into the contest, he wins by default.

Deadlines will be in British times, i.e. Most deadlines will be 12:00 Sunday evenings. This means all matches are due by 12:00pm British time. If you miss this deadline, tough shit J

Matches

There is no limit on the lengths of the matches, whether it be 20 pages, or 2 lines, a match is a match. Also, unlike in previous tourneys, made up characters will be allowed in the matches, i.e. E-Fed matches. Just so long as you have written them yourself.

Judges/Judging

The matches will be graded on:

Length
Realism
Finish
Flow
Varity and knowledge of moves

These will all be marked out of 10, and the judge MUST give a legitimate reason and explanation for each grade.

If possible, I would like these people to judge:
Wolf Beast
Grendrill
The Main Event
The_Showstopper
Juvy

I myself will judge as well. I believe that is all, so get joining. The brackets will be draw at random by i process that i will work out on MSN with two aides.

PS, you must know what a BTB Tournament is and must have some experience of booking to join up.

PSS, ha, got there before you Fardeen :) also, so trash talking and spam in this thread please.

Entrants So Far:
Red Cold
Highlight Reel
Infamous_Canibus
NewBloodfan
Orton_4_President
10MikeBibby10
Bored101
Capt. Charisma
The Black Abyss
Jushin Liger
randyorton24
Grendrill
"MBLedgend"
ssj4rohan
HBK_nWo33
Wolf Beast

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Calum has personally requested to me that I be a judge and I am happy to do so.

However seeing as I'm not an active Booker at the moment, I'll stick to judging

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
This seems like it will be run the way it should be so I am definately in. Hopefully everything goes smooth and none of the issues from last tournament arise again, with the rules set out the way they are I can't see how a problem could occur. Good luck to all who enter and it will be interesting to see if someone is able to overthrow Wolf Beast. My only request is that everyone is clear on the time zone so no problems arise as a result of wrong calculations.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
I guess I will try to participate in this tourney although I don't think I will get very far! :D

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
To solve the time issues the W-E time zone setting in which matches will be due should be posted. From there members could temporarily switch their settings to that time zone so that they are always sure on how long it is until the deadline.

·
Registered
756 Posts
If it's possible can I join in this as a writer. If so great and thanks. :)

·
Banned
297 Posts
i have never entered one of these but can you use matches that you have already written or do you have to write a match from the start.

anyways i will still enter the tournament,

·
The Power Of Three Will Set You Free
4,022 Posts
I'll join and I am doing a be the booker which some people say is the best they ever read so I will join this and see how good I do.

·
Registered
3,714 Posts
To clarify what I said before, Red Cold , since he is in charge, must post the time zone of which the due date time will be in. Whether it be GMT, GMT +1 hr or whatever it needs to be made clear so that participants can set their options to display the time from that time zone.

British time which was mentioned in the original post doesn't clearly inform people of the time zone. I think it is GMT but I ain't sure and am not going to be the one accountable when someone posts an hour late.

So when Red Cold checks his options and clearly specificies the time zone participants can then set their options to display the time as it is in the time zone where the due date is.

·
WF BTB Hall of Famer
2,519 Posts
Yo the G is in....... I'll let you know later weather I'll judgeor not...

1 - 20 of 160 Posts