Wrestling Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I write JLA LiveWire in the be the booker section, and have realised something. Not many people reply to your shows. I'm not just on about mine; most shows don’t get much feedback. A newbie has even pleaded that someone reply's on the thread title, you shouldn’t have to. It takes a while to write my show and I believe it does for others, and after all the hard work you put into writing you want at least 4 replies to you show. I visited a website a couple of days ago and they had a Booker section. One of there rules was that you had to reply to other people's shows. If you didn’t reply to other's shows then you couldn’t post your own show. I think this is a great rule and should be used here on Edge Forums, It would make being a Be the booker writer allot more full filling.

·
Registered
756 Posts
First of all do you reply to other people show if not then thats why they don't reply to yours. I just realised that if you don't reply to other peoples shows then you won't get as many replys like in my thread which is why I am going to do my best to reply to others while still writing my shows and hopefully I get more replys.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
^ Hey man, just keep writin'. No matter how little replys you get back, just keep writin'. Because if you keep doing it, people will eventually look to see what the comotion is over at your JLA LiveWire and you will start getting the respectful replys you deserve. O and by the way, you do have a good show.

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
I've never seen you rate my thread so why should I rate yours?

Anyway, fact of the matter is when I started writing, I was eating into my holiday time abroad writing them and I wasn't getting my shows rated. But did I give up? No. Did I complain? No. So I think you should stop whining and if your thread really is good then people will start to rate it. You can't expect people to rate a thread that isn't even 'legendary'. People like Wolf Beast, Grendrill, A-Dust, Main Event, JarMac spent weeks upon weeks at writing and you've been here since what...February 2005.

I am also against the whole idea of 'rating threads before you post your own' but I rate at least three threads on a weekly basis.

This should also possibly have been dealt with by one of the Be The Booker Mods.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'm not whining, i'm not that kind of person. I know I've not rated lots of threads, but i've started writing more and more reviews as I hope people will do the same. I wasnt complaining, all I was doing was giving a suggestion that a think will work. I respect all the Booker legends like Wolf Beast and Gendrill, for the time and effort they have put in. I think they are great writers. I'm not trying to piss people off here, which it looks like i've done. All I was trying to do was give a suggestion, I dont think i'm alone when I say that we would all like more replys to are shows.

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Of course we would all like replies but in a perfect world that's not going to happen.

I have a life. I don't sit in front of the computer and rate every single Be The Booker Thread and I won't ever sit in front of my computer and do that. Call it whatever you want; lazy, ignorant or whatever. I'm not really fussed.

At the end of the day, this suggestion will never work. It's just forcing someone to rate another thread just to post their own show!

This rule will never be used and if it is, I'm not really fussed because as I already said, I rate three threads and will continue to do so. If your thread becomes great, then sure I'll jump on the Bandwagon but for now both my feet are on the ground.

·
Registered
1,327 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^^^
I respest that, I just thought it would be a good idea. I'm not saying that you have to rate every single thread going, just about 4 a week thats all, I didnt really get that down. Anyway Showstopper I hope you will get on the bandwaggon.

·
Premium Member
4,641 Posts
Sure, I respect your opinion. It's a public Forum and anyone can write whatever they want.

As for me jumping on the bandwagon. Might rate your Thread tomorrow but I'll be away from my house from Tuesday Afternoon to Wednesday Evening so it won't get done then.

I'll do my best to get it rated before Friday.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts