Wrestling Forum banner

101 - 120 of 140 Posts

·
Registered
5,432 Posts
Yea but Kenny in a suit bro.
I’m glad you knew I was joking about the “fuck the rest of your show.” I said it hoping it wouldn’t get lost in translation.

And I totally forgot to give credit on the nice touch of Kingston going into business for himself at the end there. Hah

Reactions: Klitschko

·
Registered
1,311 Posts
I was about to write a big show for this week, but realized that last week I had a title match, Stings first match, and a lot of AEW's biggest stars on the show, so I have to book everything again for this week so my lesser talent can get shown. This week we will see Marko Stunt vs VSK, Angelico vs Shawn Spears, Chaos Theory vs Janella and Kiss, and in our main event will be Blade vs Scorpio Sky. The balance of power in the wrestling world is about to shift. Tune in guys.

·
11,722 Posts
Discussion Starter #112
Hold on.

Who have I attacked?
No one in particular. But mocking peoples "creativity" goes against the spirit and whole point of this thread. Its gonna antagonise someone. This threads meant to be the one place where the fans and critics can get along.

So I'm just trying to figure out the problem. I clearly stated in the first post be constructive cause it takes effort to do this stuff. Its the same rules as other be the booker sections.

So is there anyones effort in particular you want to single out as not being creative enough? Or is it going to be a general you're all amateurs thing?

·
Registered
2,264 Posts
Continuing what I started-- I will not get all I planned into one follow up episode. A lot needs to be built for a real televised PPV event on January 27.

Q1: We open with a recap from the previous week's main event. Mox comes to the ring and demands Cody face him. Cody comes out on the stage, but doesn't get in the ring. Starks comes out and bombs Mox with a blind shot. Cody enters the ring and hits Starks.

Sting comes out and says "We will have a little dysfunctional tag action tonight, playas. It's going to be Cody and Starks vs Mox and partner of his choice.”

Team FTW comes out. Sting says, "Taz, it’s been a while. It's good that you're here, Cage. I have a gift for you. You have been wanting AEW to recognize that title, and Tony Khan has agreed to do it. The FTW title, being the last remaining artifact of ECW—the only possible vehicle left to represent the ECW world heavyweight championship—that belt is going to be recognized as the open weight, no holds barred world title. But it comes with some different rules—there is no pinfall, victory is had by submission or KO only, and there will be no rope breaks for submissions. For those watching at home, that is not AEW’s big announcement for the night. I’ve selected a couple of other wrestlers for that presentation. Stay tuned.”

Sting leaves and we go to commercial.

After commercial, commentary runs down the promoted card for the night: Allin vs Warhorse, Cody/Starks vs Mox/TBD, FTR vs Private Party, Baker vs Anna Jay vs Rosa, Blade w/Bunny vs Trent w/Shida ringside, and we will hear from Kenny Omega about Rich Swann at the end of the show, but first, Miro has an open challenge in the first match.

Match 1 (4 minutes): Miro open challenge. Miro comes out in his new gear, red MMA gloves, tiger print MMA trunks, red tape on his feet and a gold mouthpiece with vampire teeth. He lays down the open challenge, and out comes Santana. Miro smashes Santana in short order as if he were the mirrorverse Goldberg. Miro issues the open challenge again for next week.

Q2: Match 2 (10 minutes): Baker vs Anna Jay vs Rosa

Backstage, FTR cut a promo on the Young Bucks and say they are coming back for the belts.

Q3: Match 3 (10 minutes): FTR vs Private Party

After the match, Matt Hardy punishes Private Party, and Adam Page comes out to hit the lariat on Hardy.

Q4: Match 4 (10 minutes): Trent w/Shida vs Blade w/Bunny

Backstage, Kenny Omega and Don Callis arrive. Rich Swann comes out of nowhere and attacks Omega. There is a short brawl and the men are separated.

Q5: Match 5 (15-20 minutes) Cody and Starks vs Mox and PAC—After the match, PAC crosses paths with Sting and there is a long stare down.

Q6: Chris Jericho and Dean Malenko come to the ring. Malenko holds a large black brief case. Jericho talks about the history of cruiserweight wrestling on Nitro, and then he says that AEW is going to introduce a new title, and a champion will be crowned on January 27. Malenko opens the case and pulls out the flightweight world championship and says it has a weight limit of 185lb. Jericho says that there will be an 8-man tournament to crown the champion beginning next week.

The brackets are: Sky vs Sabian, Daniels vs Sammy G, Jungle Boy v Fenix, and OC vs Sydal. This leads to Sky vs Daniels (with interference from the Inner Circle), Fenix vs OC, and finally Sky vs Fenix on January 27.

Jericho then goes into business for the Inner Circle and says, “You know who the winner won’t be? The winner won’t be one of those SCU punks—it certainly won’t be The Fallen Angel, Christopher Daniels.”

Out comes SCU. Everything devolves into a brawl with the Inner Circle.

Malenko gets pissed, elbows Jericho’s knee from behind and puts Jericho in a Boston Crab until Hager blasts the legend.

Q7: Commentary tell the audience that the January 6 episode will feature Sting vs PAC.

TNT title match (15-20 minutes): Allin vs Warhorse (Sting watching from the nosebleed section)-- Allin retains with the coffin drop. After the match, Lance Archer comes out and claps. We cut to Sting’s reaction and back to Jake’s evil smile.

Q8: Omega closes the show with the promo on Rich Swann. There is a brawl, but Swann gets jumped by The Good Brothers.

·
Registered
2,836 Posts
Eh, I'll give it a go. This is in no particular order and not entirely thought out. Just thought it'd be for fun and personally what I'd like to see.

How I'd Book 2021

1) Have a trios tournament with Death Triangle going over.

2) Reignite a Sammy vs Darby feud, but this time for the TNT title (their match wasn't given enough time). Sammy goes over.

3) Have a Pac vs Archer feud (I don't care who goes over, I just need this).

4) Have the Moxley vs Omega feud continue when Moxley returns. This should continue for months leading up to a ppv match. Moxley chases him through several promotions during the buildup for their match.

5) Build up Dark Order and make them a more serious threat of a faction when Brodie Lee returns. The reason for them losing so much right now could be due to the absence of Brodie Lee. They don't need to win every match, but I'm tired of seeing them lose constantly. This group has potential whether people want to believe it or not.

6) Hangman vs Brodie Lee. If Hangman loses, he joins Dark Order. Have him lose the first match and then set up a stipulation for their second eventual match where Hangman goes over and earns his freedom.

7) The first ever Blood & Guts match. Young Bucks, Hangman, Cody, and Moxley vs Omega, Good Brothers, Sami Callihan, and ??? (Idk TNA that well). This should happen either before Hangman joins Dark Order or after he is no longer with them. Not during. Omega's team wins.

8) Santana & Ortiz go on a winning streak and beat YB for tag titles.

9) Inner Circle turns face (except MJF). It could work and with all the heels, a face faction that the fans can get behind will help even out the roster. Too many heels atm imo.

10) Sting becomes an enforcer/manager figure for Darby's matches.

11) Darby Allin beats Brian Cage (Another moment I just desperately want to happen).

12) Hangman goes on a winning streak after leaving Dark Order and earns a shot for Omega's AEW title (at this time, Omega's become Thanos with a bunch of other promotions titles). Hangman goes over.

13) Lance Archer and Jake the Snake get more Dynamite time and proper feuds (face, heel, vs whoever I don't care).

14) Darby vs Orange Cassidy (doesn't have to be a feud, but the match could be interesting due to their different unique styles).

15) El Generico debuts.

16) Mox turns heel? As bad as I want to see a heel run, it has to be at the right time when there's not so many heels. 2021 may not be the best time for this depending.

17) Face Jericho vs Heel Matt Hardy in a Deletion match. Jericho goes over.

18) Heel Jericho vs Sting. I don't think Sting should wrestle necessarily, but it could be a cinematic match of sorts. This may be the last chance to get a first ever match between these two legends in some capacity. The buildup could be Sting taking out Inner Circle members every week and terrorizing them kind of like he did with the NWO. This could be prior to the Inner Circle's face turn.

19) MJF vs Sammy. Loser leaves Inner Circle. MJF goes over. After the Inner Circle's had a face run for a little bit.

20) A total revamp of the W/L records system. I like how it makes certain talent look more dominant than others, but the fact that so many people can get title shots whenever and the #1 guy isn't automatically in line to face the champion at the next PPV makes it feel fundamentally useless right now. Maybe have it to where the #1 earns an automatic spot in a contendership match (meaning the guy who's currently feuding with the champion needs to beat the #1 person on the rankings to get a shot). Or have it more based around the TNT title. Idk. Something needs to change with it though.

21) Gimmick matches for the FTW title. This title needs to be defended more. It was ok at first, but to constantly have it on the show and never have it defended or recognized is dumb. It should only be allowed to be defended in gimmick matches like a Street Fight or Parking Lot Brawl. Lance Archer going over Brian Cage for the title would be dope. Eventually get guys like Brodie Lee, Hager, Wardlow, and Luchasaurus fighting for it too would help legitimize it.

22) Cody continues his egomaniac 'character' and turns heel. Again, has to be the right time. May not happen in 2021, but it needs to happen.

23) Eddie Kingston wins TNT title (from Sammy?).

24) Eddie Kingston vs Orange Cassidy feud. Eddie could bring an even more serious side out of Orange than Jericho did. The guy who takes wrestling too seriously vs the guy who doesn't. Potentially, it could tell a really great story. Best Friends could fight Butcher and Blade during this time. Eddie goes over.

25) A proper Moxley vs Pac feud. There's unfinished business there. Especially since their last encounter ended in a draw.

·
Angry at refs
4,284 Posts
In response to @JasmineAEW game thread.

So I'm just going to do an abbreviated version since I'm lazy.

Continuing the current storyline, I'd have Sammy continue to be frustrated by MJF and his antics. Each week leading up to Revolution will consist of things slightly getting worse and worse. At the PPV I'd have Jericho force MJF and Sammy to tag-team against Wardlow and Jake Hager in an Inner Circle 'put your differences aside' style of match. In the match, you can have a lot of dissension between both teams. I'd have Sammy take the pin after MJF refuses to get into the match at all by feigning an injury each time Sammy goes to tag. Afterwards, Sammy can attack MJF with Wardlow and Jake breaking them apart. Marko Stunt comes out and eats an F10 from Wardlow for good measure.

Leading up to the next PPV, which I think is Double or Nothing, I'd build towards a singles match between MJF and Sammy. I'd keep Sammy true to his word and have him leave the IC because of MJF. Jericho and the others can be distraught at this and constantly try to get Sammy back whilst MJF talks shit about Sammy. Jericho and make the stipulation that whoever wins gets to stay in the IC. I'd hammer home that MJF is REALLY pushing the fact that Sammy is a backstabber and betrayed them, blah blah blah. At the PPV Sammy and MJF can have a 20m match with all of the IC outside to watch, the climax of which is that MJF grabs his Dynamite Ring after the ref is knocked out somehow, but he is stopped by Jericho and the rest of the IC. Jericho then grabs the ring and punches Sammy in the face, handing the win to MJF. The reason can be that he bought into the crap MJF was selling, or he simply saw more value in Sammy. The rest of the IC goes with Jericho as well.

The story then shifts to Sammy vs Jericho at All Out. Protege vs Mentor in a normal match. Leading up to this I'd have Sammy attacking Jericho whenever he can and cutting heated promos. The same can come from Jericho and the IC. Just for good measure, have Jericho beat the fuck out of Marko Stunt because why not. It makes Jericho look like scum beating up a child and it feeds into Jericho's ego. During all of this, you can also tell the story of Sammy not having any friends because of his days with the IC, so it's him alone vs the entire IC. At All Out, Jericho will pick up the win due to the IC getting involved.

This will lead to an irate Sammy calling out Jericho, calling him a bitch and all that jazz for hiding behind his goons, and basically hammers home to the IC that that's all that they are to Jericho. Sammy can challenge Jericho to a cage match with the stipulation that if the IC gets involved then Jericho automatically loses the match. On paper, I'd have this match be BRUTAL. A lot of ruthless and emotional wrestling, but I'm not sure if Jericho could handle that in his current state. I would want it to be a beating from both guys. The end of the match will involve PnP coming down as Jericho calls them off because he doesn't want to lose the match. This distraction leads to Sammy hitting Jericho with a big move (I think he has a reverse DVD/gts kind of variation, right?) and picking up the win. As the cage rises PnP comes in and stares down Sammy. As Jericho gets to his feet they grab him and hit their finisher on him. Out comes the rest of the IC to fight them off. During the scuffle, I'd have Wardlow pick up Sammy on his shoulders. MJF gets angry at Wardlow for.. something, idk yet. MJF slaps Wardlow twice. This sets Wardlow off and he goes ballistic on MJF. Sammy, PnP, and Wardlow stand over the others solidifying a face turn for the others after realizing Sammy was right.

You can either have two IC groups, one face and one heel, or you can have the faces go their separate ways. PnP goes for the tag titles, Wardlow starts a heated feud with MJF, and Sammy can go for the TNT title. I would also have Sammy build up muscle during this run so maybe he would look more like a main eventer by the time he ends the feud with Jericho.

I'd then have Marko Stunt come out for his revenge and pin all of them clean one by one in a gauntlet match. Jungle Boy and Luchasauras then get on the mic and say that Marko is superior and the rightful world champ. Look out Omega (or whoever is champ by then).

Anyways, that's a very brief version that I didn't check so sorry if there are massive holes or errors, lol.

·
Registered
347 Posts
In response to @JasmineAEW game thread.

So I'm just going to do an abbreviated version since I'm lazy.

Continuing the current storyline, I'd have Sammy continue to be frustrated by MJF and his antics. Each week leading up to Revolution will consist of things slightly getting worse and worse. At the PPV I'd have Jericho force MJF and Sammy to tag-team against Wardlow and Jake Hager in an Inner Circle 'put your differences aside' style of match. In the match, you can have a lot of dissension between both teams. I'd have Sammy take the pin after MJF refuses to get into the match at all by feigning an injury each time Sammy goes to tag. Afterwards, Sammy can attack MJF with Wardlow and Jake breaking them apart. Marko Stunt comes out and eats an F10 from Wardlow for good measure.

Leading up to the next PPV, which I think is Double or Nothing, I'd build towards a singles match between MJF and Sammy. I'd keep Sammy true to his word and have him leave the IC because of MJF. Jericho and the others can be distraught at this and constantly try to get Sammy back whilst MJF talks shit about Sammy. Jericho and make the stipulation that whoever wins gets to stay in the IC. I'd hammer home that MJF is REALLY pushing the fact that Sammy is a backstabber and betrayed them, blah blah blah. At the PPV Sammy and MJF can have a 20m match with all of the IC outside to watch, the climax of which is that MJF grabs his Dynamite Ring after the ref is knocked out somehow, but he is stopped by Jericho and the rest of the IC. Jericho then grabs the ring and punches Sammy in the face, handing the win to MJF. The reason can be that he bought into the crap MJF was selling, or he simply saw more value in Sammy. The rest of the IC goes with Jericho as well.

The story then shifts to Sammy vs Jericho at All Out. Protege vs Mentor in a normal match. Leading up to this I'd have Sammy attacking Jericho whenever he can and cutting heated promos. The same can come from Jericho and the IC. Just for good measure, have Jericho beat the fuck out of Marko Stunt because why not. It makes Jericho look like scum beating up a child and it feeds into Jericho's ego. During all of this, you can also tell the story of Sammy not having any friends because of his days with the IC, so it's him alone vs the entire IC. At All Out, Jericho will pick up the win due to the IC getting involved.

This will lead to an irate Sammy calling out Jericho, calling him a bitch and all that jazz for hiding behind his goons, and basically hammers home to the IC that that's all that they are to Jericho. Sammy can challenge Jericho to a cage match with the stipulation that if the IC gets involved then Jericho automatically loses the match. On paper, I'd have this match be BRUTAL. A lot of ruthless and emotional wrestling, but I'm not sure if Jericho could handle that in his current state. I would want it to be a beating from both guys. The end of the match will involve PnP coming down as Jericho calls them off because he doesn't want to lose the match. This distraction leads to Sammy hitting Jericho with a big move (I think he has a reverse DVD/gts kind of variation, right?) and picking up the win. As the cage rises PnP comes in and stares down Sammy. As Jericho gets to his feet they grab him and hit their finisher on him. Out comes the rest of the IC to fight them off. During the scuffle, I'd have Wardlow pick up Sammy on his shoulders. MJF gets angry at Wardlow for.. something, idk yet. MJF slaps Wardlow twice. This sets Wardlow off and he goes ballistic on MJF. Sammy, PnP, and Wardlow stand over the others solidifying a face turn for the others after realizing Sammy was right.

You can either have two IC groups, one face and one heel, or you can have the faces go their separate ways. PnP goes for the tag titles, Wardlow starts a heated feud with MJF, and Sammy can go for the TNT title. I would also have Sammy build up muscle during this run so maybe he would look more like a main eventer by the time he ends the feud with Jericho.

I'd then have Marko Stunt come out for his revenge and pin all of them clean one by one in a gauntlet match. Jungle Boy and Luchasauras then get on the mic and say that Marko is superior and the rightful world champ. Look out Omega (or whoever is champ by then).

Anyways, that's a very brief version that I didn't check so sorry if there are massive holes or errors, lol.
Very well done! I can see most of that actually happening! :)

·
Registered
706 Posts
@JasmineAEW there is no way in hell for me to write 1000 words to fictionally book a wrestler on the internet o_O
i will lose interest after 50 words :sleep:
so i'll just keep it simple
it's not really booking, it's just what i wish to see

for a few weeks i want to see some kind of competition between Wardlow and Jake Hager
i want them to have singles matches every week
if Wardlow is having a match then Jake Hager will be watching from the outside or commentary, and vice versa
and every week they try to destroy their opponents more, to show that they are more dominant than the other one
add to that some altercations between them backstage
where MJF takes Wardlow's side, and Chris Jericho takes Jake Hager's side
i think this can build to a very interesting PPV match
to determine who's the more dominant force in the inner circle

·
Registered
347 Posts
@JasmineAEW there is no way in hell for me to write 1000 words to fictionally book a wrestler on the internet o_O
i will lose interest after 50 words :sleep:
so i'll just keep it simple
it's not really booking, it's just what i wish to see

for a few weeks i want to see some kind of competition between Wardlow and Jake Hager
i want them to have singles matches every week
if Wardlow is having a match then Jake Hager will be watching from the outside or commentary, and vice versa
and every week they try to destroy their opponents more, to show that they are more dominant than the other one
add to that some altercations between them backstage
where MJF takes Wardlow's side, and Chris Jericho takes Jake Hager's side
i think this can build to a very interesting PPV match
to determine who's the more dominant force in the inner circle
Would one side be more heeling than the other?

101 - 120 of 140 Posts