Wrestling Forum banner

21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,066 Posts
Asuka blows Sasha out the water ?‍♂

Hell in terms of wrestling impact and ability I would rate Ronda above her.

·
Registered
4,902 Posts
What drugs is she on? That being said I wouldn't be surprised if Sasha won the rumble and turned on Bayley

·
Angry at refs
2,817 Posts
This is clearly Bayley just doing it in character. I wouldn't put it past her to think her best friend is the best in the world despite everything proving the opposite.

·
Registered
356 Posts
Laughs in Aj Styles and Kenny Omega.

Seriously though, if she was talking about the women's division alone, I would have to see every single women on the roster get a legit chance to show their value in the ring. I feel like there are several performers who are highly underused and undervalued. Ember Moon and Sonya Deville just to mention a few. Plus, I know that people love to shit on her, but it's a fact that Charlotte is a great great performer. So I kinda disagree with Bayley here

·
Marking for The Boss and The Queen
3,168 Posts
She was great then but that was 4-5 years ago. What has she done lately that screams best woman's wrestler in the world at this very moment?
She had only 3 singles title matches last year and they are all in contention for MOTY

her match vs Ronda arguably the best match of the Rumble last year and WWE ranked it in the top 5 of the year overall. not to mention her Matches with Becky which are easily 4 stars especially the HIAC one.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Threedom are the top three, imho, with both Asuka and Sasha in the top five. Again, that's just my opinion, the order is debatable.
I think we've seen enough of all of them everywhere that to a degree the Stardom 3 are slightly overrated, mostly because outside of wrestling each other, their match quality drops off noticeably whenever they wrestle anyone outside of the 3. My favorite is Mayu, but they all definitely don't have the same quality matches consistently when they have to wrestle other types of international wrestlers.

That doesn't mean they still aren't 3 of the best. But in general, Stardom girls are often overrated by casual Joshi fans. I prefer a lot of lesser known Joshi out there who don't work exclusively for Stardom.

I think Sasha is really good, and I rank her above Kairi in the ring... but Sasha's big weakness is that her move execution can be rough at times. It doesn't affect the quality of her matches but she can come off unpolished and biting off more than she can chew sometimes.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
I'm shocked that she didn't mention Tessa Blanchard. Despite my feelings of her, she is really the best wrestler in the word, then Asuka follow by Sasha and Io.
I need to see Tessa wrestle more great matches with women. Wrestling women to good matches is much harder than wrestling men to good matches. I think Tessa right now has pre-NXT Candice syndrome where the men are making her look better than she might actually be.

·
The EST of NXT
28,489 Posts
Discussion Starter #36 (Edited)
She was great then but that was 4-5 years ago. What has she done lately that screams best woman's wrestler in the world at this very moment?
Lets see: her series of MOTY candidates with Charlotte.

Giving Ronda her best match ever at last year's Royal Rumble.

Her actual women's MOTY with Becky at HIAC that is also Becky's only good premier match since winning the title at last year's Mania.

Sasha never fell off as an in ring performer. She's just dragged to irrelevancy anytime she's stuck with the career anchor known as Bayley.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ok, I have to ask this. What is the big deal with fans of one of the japanese wrestlers unequivocally loving all three above all else? Am I the only one that finds that weird? I think they're all entertaining, but their assigned personalities are all the same, and frankly very 20th century cliche, and frankly racist. If I were those three, I'd protest the gimmick.

·
Registered
7,677 Posts
Ok, I have to ask this. What is the big deal with fans of one of the japanese wrestlers unequivocally loving all three above all else? Am I the only one that finds that weird? I think they're all entertaining, but their assigned personalities are all the same, and frankly very 20th century cliche, and frankly racist. If I were those three, I'd protest the gimmick.
Io isn't anything like Kairi and Asuka. For one thing, Io is basically a lot more serious as a heel than those 2, who are conniving tricksters.

Just because they don't state their motivations through explicit promos doesn't mean they behave the same. That's more racist that generalizing them like you did.

·
Registered
200 Posts
As far as Asuka and Io goes. Im a bigger Asuka fan but even I say in ring wise Io is better. Can Asuka do the things Io does? I dont think so. Hell I sometimes think Bianca is a better wrestler than Asuka.

Asuka is a very skilled technical wrestler but when a lot of your moves are based on strikes, that's not hard to pull off
Geez, thanks for such grand assumptions and taking all the credibility away from Asuka! Of course, you'll find Io to be the best when you reduce professional wrestling to just high-flying moves and then brush of strike-based moves as "not hard to pull off". Everything Io is good at is important and everything Asuka is good at is irrelevant, am I right? We'll never know whether Asuka can do the things Io does in the ring because her wrestling style is different but we do know that Io doesn't put a fraction of effort into selling for her opponent as Asuka does. It's easy to convince people that you're the best when you're more interested making sure you look good as opposed to making sure that everything looks good.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts