Wrestling Forum banner

161 - 180 of 289 Posts

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Asuka is 3-0 against Bayley. Give her a title shot!

This is what I want part trés between Asuka and Bayley for the title again this time for the SD. They can play off the history they had at NXT to build this up. But arrrgg Asuka's in a tag team dont know if they'll let her while she is with Kairi.

·
Registered
1,774 Posts
This is what I want part trés between Asuka and Bayley for the title again this time for the SD. They can play off the history they had at NXT to build this up. But arrrgg Asuka's in a tag team dont know if they'll let her while she is with Kairi.
Well that's an easy fix. Just call up Io Shirai. The Kabuki Warriors would be a faction with the Sky Pirates as the tag team and Asuka as their "Ace" going after the Women's title.

·
Banned
429 Posts
Well that's an easy fix. Just call up Io Shirai. The Kabuki Warriors would be a faction with the Sky Pirates as the tag team and Asuka as their "Ace" going after the Women's title.
Io is likely going to be the next NXT women's champ, so she isn't getting called up soon.

Why not make Asuka a double champ? She can have the tag team and SD women's title.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts

Im sure there's a couple of reasons why but I think the main one is its to soon to call Io to the main roster. She debuted in NXT in October of last year. She's been in NXT half a year so that's why I beleive.

Would be cool though cause then Io,Asuka,and Kairi can form a mini stable with Asuka as leader going for singles gold while Io and Kairi go for the tag straps

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
I don't know about Io now. Her taking on Shayna in the filler June TakeOver sends out red flags. If she doesn't win by August at latest, they should just call her up because there would be no point in keeping her down there.

But you're getting too far ahead of yourselves. Bayley isn't going to be a fighting champion at the center of the division. She's just there to pad out Charlotte's title count. The way she beat Charlotte last night should tell you something's up.

·
Custom User Title
6,554 Posts
I don't know about Io now. Her taking on Shayna in the filler June TakeOver sends out red flags. If she doesn't win by August at latest, they should just call her up because there would be no point in keeping her down there.
I think it all depends as well. People are branding it as a filler event, but there have been title changes at previous "filler events". The biggest being the NXT UK championship changing hands at Takeover Chicago back in 2017.

There's a more interesting story to be told with Shayna attempting and failing to regain the title, but its up to WWE to see if they actually do that. I have a feeling if Io loses at Takeover XXV, it'll be due to incredibly heavy fuckery by the MMA 4HW, extending the feud. It's worth noting that they taped some stuff from the latest house show circuit where:

Io Shirai snapped Jessamyn Duke's arm after Shayna tried to interfere in the match.

Anyways, I do agree with you that Bayley is basically just going to be padding out Charlotte's reigns. She's gonna be a featured player going forward, but they are gonna hot potato the title back and forth for awhile. Asuka and Kairi are probably gonna get those tag titles soon, especially with Tye Dillenger signing with AEW. Which means Vince is gonna get really pissy about that and bury the IIconics most likely.

·
Registered
96 Posts

But you're getting too far ahead of yourselves. Bayley isn't going to be a fighting champion at the center of the division. She's just there to pad out Charlotte's title count. The way she beat Charlotte last night should tell you something's up.
My best case, is that this is just so Charlotte can put Bayley over 1v1 then take a backseat for a bit (a faint hope) my second choice is we get something along the lines of the Sasha/Charlotte feud were ya, they pad Charlotte's tittle count but this time, she actually loses the feud.

But I do fear your right and Bayley is just there to push her to 10.

·
Registered
8,589 Posts
My best case, is that this is just so Charlotte can put Bayley over 1v1 then take a backseat for a bit (a faint hope) my second choice is we get something along the lines of the Sasha/Charlotte feud were ya, they pad Charlotte's tittle count but this time, she actually loses the feud.

But I do fear your right and Bayley is just there to push her to 10.
Your hopes will be in vain.

·
Registered
4,504 Posts
Bayley had one of the lamest cash ins eva, Daniel Bryan's cash in might have been worst, but at least he was a heel. Bayley's was as a face. I don't see her holding on to the belt for long

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Is WWE about to make Bayley have a gimmick or character change?

Bayley has said on two separate occasions since coming to SD that she's all hugged out and she has no more hugs to give. If yes that's big for Bayley cause thats been her whole gimmick since NXT being the hugger.

·
Registered
2,786 Posts
Hope Bayley doesn't get punished knowing how Vince sometimes act.

On her Instagram story Bayley posted a pic of her with with two females who competed at AEW last night. Went to the girls Instagram page. That pic is nowhere to be found meaning she took it down

161 - 180 of 289 Posts